Trash Magic

Trash Magic * Lizzy Grant Lower East Side Jams 🎶

Lana Del Ray cancelled after today's events.

Ben's art direction for bbtm is gold I had to do it myself for this

tumblr_nskujrE91P1qftigpo1_1280.png

No inspiration for this cover from anybody else either???

89550-F07-DF2-F-4739-9-AB0-552-DF4549773.jpg

@@Rebel I've been looking for a good Digipak mockup like lana's official ones but it's impossible to find and i don't wanna pay tbh. I 100% was going to upload it today but then she released stuff and I did;t want her stealing attention from me  :defeated:

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

The Honeymoon covers are excellent. Perfect. Amazing. Your work is amazing. :flutter: You're one of my inspirations.

I'm Living Rejects on Coverlandia btw. :creep:

lABVyGE.png

tumblr_nu7nm03G1G1qftigpo1_1280.png

A long stalled project because i'm bad at finalising things and compiling them. I think this album is so amazing and infinitely inspiring, what I really wanted to show was Lana Del Ray. The transition between Lizzy Grant to Lana Del Rey. I feel like the defining look of that is Lana in the short film Poolside. She looks insanely good there. All the images of Lana used in this packaging are screencaps from the short film which I have retouched and further edited to make look like official photographs and to improve the quality greatly for print. I used the official cover art as a main inspiration because I think even though it's very low-tech it still has a great atmosphere in it, so I wanted to create something similar. The atmosphere in this album to me is very noir-ish, so I chose to use all grayscale images in the booklet, an effect with sunken highlights which makes the images feel quite sultry.

tumblr_ntg26vGQIO1qftigpo1_1280.png
Gatefold LP 12” Vinyl. 
The blue vinyl is the only striking colour here. It's a nod to Lana's homemade videos and her love for party store toy aquariums. It's the opposite to the yellow I featured prominently through the album design.

tumblr_ntg26vGQIO1qftigpo2_r1_1280.png

tumblr_ntg26vGQIO1qftigpo4_r1_1280.png

tumblr_ntg26vGQIO1qftigpo3_r1_1280.png
16-page booklet mockup

★ Preview / Download full-res digital booklet 

tumblr_nu7nm03G1G1qftigpo2_1280.png

Bonus: Album demos artwork

I've been working on this on / off for so long! Please tell me what you think and be sure to find any lyrics corrections because it's inevitable I probably messed something up!

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

I love the cover and the retouched photos - the faded highlights make the images really great. You're excellent at retouching images - I fucking love the one with her holding the telephone - do something with that still!

I'm not sure if I'm a fan of the aquarium image on the vinyl - there's some disconnection between it vs the blue and the black and white, but maybe that's just me whenever I see too many colors at once.

Did you ever do a back cover?

tumblr_ni9eu5I7Qh1qzmb8eo5_500.png

I love the cover and the retouched photos - the faded highlights make the images really great. You're excellent at retouching images - I fucking love the one with her holding the telephone - do something with that still!

I'm not sure if I'm a fan of the aquarium image on the vinyl - there's some disconnection between it vs the blue and the black and white, but maybe that's just me whenever I see too many colors at once.

Did you ever do a back cover?

The vinyl element is a big disconnect from the rest of it I guess that can either be seen as unfitting or the fact that it is opposite makes it fit lol if you know what I mean.

That was the biggest photo cause I merged a few different stills with it. I wanted to use the whole thing but tried so many layouts and the composition looked really off!!

xxsxq.png