sempervirens

New Order / Discussion Thread

"New Order are an English rock band formed in 1980 by vocalist and guitarist Bernard Sumner, bassist Peter Hook, and drummer Stephen Morris. The band formed after the demise of Joy Division, following the suicide of lead singer Ian Curtis; they were joined by Gillian Gilbert on keyboards later that year." - Wikipedia

Welcome to the New Order discussion thread! Feel free to discuss anything related to New Order here.

Note: Mods, please move if a topic has already been created for New Order.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've been getting into New Order lately. I've heard their big hits like True Faith and Blue Monday and I wanted more, so I got "Substance 1987" for X-Mas. I have mixed feelings, but I do quite enjoy them.

My new favorite from them is 1963.

banner.png

suffer does the wolf crawling to thee

Hmmm, id have called them new wave rather than rock :crossed: Blue Monday used to be my SOUNDTRACK walking in manhatten. I was really happy when they remixed it for the Wonder Woman trailer! Neeed to listen to them more, but other new wave bands like a flock of seaguls are super too, and paved the way for the awesome retro wave stuff we started getting in 2015 like FMAttack.

On 12/27/2020 at 9:05 PM, Moo said:

Hmmm, id have called them new wave rather than rock :crossed: Blue Monday used to be my SOUNDTRACK walking in manhatten. I was really happy when they remixed it for the Wonder Woman trailer! Neeed to listen to them more, but other new wave bands like a flock of seaguls are super too, and paved the way for the awesome retro wave stuff we started getting in 2015 like FMAttack.

It's so good :defeated:

gonna dust off this thread cause i've been going on a new order binge and i'm vibing

i was already pretty familiar with substance + technique but not much else and i've been branching out and it's very solid :true:

technique is still my favorite album but i've also come to really like power corruption and lies & republic

Spoiler

also they should've kept waiting for the sirens call in the vault that album is not good :awkney:

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif