Super Movie

Super Movie's Concept Albums

1 minute ago, Super Movie said:

Young Like Me as a full length album: 

young-like-me-lizzie-version.jpg

young-like-me-back-cover.jpg

Note: the version of PSB being used is the live version we have from the Williamsburg competition in 2006. Also, this was mainly made because I'm in love with the new Ford outtakes 

:cumming2::cumming2::cumming2::cumming2::cumming2::cumming2:so good

we really need more young like me / from the end representation in digital fan art

small-sq-lana-del-rey-ultraviolence.gife4d193ad6825522455102e1518efe3d6835b52da

I've been working on the tracklisting for this one for months :krylie: But since there's been discussion about this lately and I've seen a few users share what their thoughts on a could've-been LFL, here's my "what Lust for Life could've been if BAR had never leaked and if it was released in early 2017 instead of July". I wasn't able to get everyone's users down, but thanks to so many of you for the inspiration! :heart:

bar-cover.jpg

bar-back-cover.jpg

Note: the version of the LFL demo being used is the first one, and it kind of goes without saying that the version of TNBAR being used is the demo. Also, I know the cover art picture is from the LFL video with Abel, but for the sake of this, we'll just pretend it was a fun shoot they did with Neil :agree:

imageproxy.jpg

After this I'll probably be way less active in this thread for my own reasons, but here's a concept album idea I came up with today. A mix of Violet, Chemtrails and Blue Banisters - Wildflower Wildfire

ww-cover.jpg

wildflower-back-cover.jpg 

Out of all of the concept album's I've put together, I'd say this one is my favorite. I love the way each song flows into the next (my favorite transition is WHWILY to Text Book to Yosemite) and I'm super happy with it. I hope you like it too <3

imageproxy.jpg

27 minutes ago, Super Movie said:

After this I'll probably be way less active in this thread for my own reasons, but here's a concept album idea I came up with today. A mix of Violet, Chemtrails and Blue Banisters - Wildflower Wildfire

ww-cover.jpg

wildflower-back-cover.jpg 

Out of all of the concept album's I've put together, I'd say this one is my favorite. I love the way each song flows into the next (my favorite transition is WHWILY to Text Book to Yosemite) and I'm super happy with it. I hope you like it too <3

I love it! The Violet—Chemtrails—Blue Banisters pipeline has always been so intriguing to me and really was nice to experience in spite of a pandemic, all three projects mean so much to me so I love how you’ve sequenced them! I also love this Chemtrails photoshoot, it’s my fav :heart:

4 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

I love it! The Violet—Chemtrails—Blue Banisters pipeline has always been so intriguing to me and really was nice to experience in spite of a pandemic, all three projects mean so much to me so I love how you’ve sequenced them! I also love this Chemtrails photoshoot, it’s my fav :heart:

You’re the sweetest :heart: I feel the same way about these projects! And this shoot. One of her best imo, all of the pictures are album cover material 

imageproxy.jpg

....Hi. Here's a Honeymoon era inspired EP called Pale Fire inspired by recent discussions of Honeymoon demos and outtakes

pale-fire-cover.jpg

pale-fire-back-cover.jpg

Note: the version of BP being used is demo 2 and the version of YTH being used is that "Honeymoon" version that leaked a while back. Every released song put on here (except for Honeymoon) is their respective demo versions as well. If Crazy For You ever leaks, just pretend like it's on here somewhere

imageproxy.jpg

....Hi. Here's a Honeymoon era inspired EP called Pale Fire inspired by recent discussions of Honeymoon demos and outtakes

pale-fire-cover.jpg

pale-fire-back-cover.jpg

Note: the version of BP being used is demo 2 and the version of YTH being used is that "Honeymoon" version that leaked a while back. If Crazy For You ever leaks, just pretend like it's on here somewhere

Been super inspired by this era lately, I feel like it’s a perfect culmination and centre-point of Lana’s earlier catalogue and Lana’s more recent  albums — truly a self-fulfilling prophecy that she’d centre that album around “timelessness” and it would go on to become an album that is inherently irrespective of time. I love your curation of songs and visuals, as always <3 

16 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

Been super inspired by this era lately, I feel like it’s a perfect culmination and centre-point of Lana’s earlier catalogue and Lana’s more recent  albums — truly a self-fulfilling prophecy that she’d centre that album around “timelessness” and it would go on to become an album that is inherently irrespective of time. I love your curation of songs and visuals, as always <3 

You're the sweetest <3 I've been feeling the same way about this era as well. It's so elusive and beautiful, and it's so evident that Lana made it entirely for herself. Every piece of the Honeymoon era is stunning

imageproxy.jpg

Since it's almost Christmas and the cover album was supposed to come out on Christmas last year, here's a Pacific Blue concept. Also, this is the first one that can't actually be listened to in full so sorry about that. Regardless, I really love the tracklisting for this and I can hear it very vividly in my head 

pacific-blue-cover.jpg

pacific-blue-back-cover.jpg

imageproxy.jpg

1 hour ago, Super Movie said:

Since it's almost Christmas and the cover album was supposed to come out on Christmas last year, here's a Pacific Blue concept. Also, this is the first one that can't actually be listened to in full so sorry about that. Regardless, I really love the tracklisting for this and I can hear it very vividly in my head 

qaM7ESs.jpg

pacific-blue-back-cover.jpg

Love the tracklist, I can hear this flow too! <3

It says that (what I presume to be) the front cover doesn’t exist/is no longer available?

15 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

Love the tracklist, I can hear this flow too! <3

It says that (what I presume to be) the front cover doesn’t exist/is no longer available?

. Thanks! Also, I've been having some issues with embedding lately so thanks for letting me know  :heart: Anyways, here's what it is, hopefully it works this time. I also updated the OP :)

pacific-blue-cover.jpg

imageproxy.jpg

Lizzy Grant: Live From Coney Island

Optimized-by-JPEGmini-3-14-14-72670860-0

live-from-coney-island-back-cover.jpg

Versions used: Yayo at The Living Room in 2008, Trash Magic at The Living Room in 2008, Mermaid Motel at Arlene's Grocery in 2009, Brite Lites at Union Pool in 2007, Put Me In A Movie at The Mercury Lounge in 2008, Pin Up Galore at The National Underground in 2008, For K Pt. 2 at The Cutting Room in 2007, Disco at The Cutting Room in 2007, Hundred Dollar Bill at The Variety Box in 2009, Gramma (I'm not sure which show it is, but it's the only live video we have of this song), Pawn Shop Blues for the Williamsburg Songwriting Competition in 2006

imageproxy.jpg

The concept album thread makes a temporary comeback for a little Tropico EP :wave:

Tropico-EP.jpg

tropico-back-cover.jpg 

If you want a version without the songs already on Paradise but for it to still be 7-8 tracks long, I'd probably arrange it like this:

1. I Talk To Jesus

2. Angels Forever, Forever Angels

3. Hollywood

4. Wild One

5. I Don't Wanna Go

6. Fine China

7. Old Money 

8. Life Is Beautiful

imageproxy.jpg

The concept album thread makes a temporary comeback for a little Tropico EP :wave:

Tropico-EP.jpg

tropico-back-cover.jpg 

If you want a version without the songs already on Paradise but for it to still be 7-8 tracks long, I'd probably arrange it like this:

1. I Talk To Jesus

2. Angels Forever, Forever Angels

3. Hollywood

4. Wild One

5. I Don't Wanna Go

6. Fine China

7. Old Money 

8. Life Is Beautiful

i love this concept a lot - do you think there's a way you could fit an eighth track into the original one?

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

7 minutes ago, the ocean said:

i love this concept a lot - do you think there's a way you could fit an eighth track into the original one?

I originally had Fine China in between Angels and Old Money, but I wasn't sure if I loved the transition. Listening back though, I should've kept it lol

imageproxy.jpg