Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

On 10/13/2012 at 5:36 PM, National Anthem said:

I really want tickets but I can't convince my mother!!!

Did you manage to convince your mother queen?

what if the cockroaches have psychedelic pussy?

it's kinda interesting to hear her say l+f doesn't resonate with her anymore but shes about to release a poetry book filled with writing arguably as weak as that album 

FzytWEW.png

2 hours ago, renaissance said:

it's kinda interesting to hear her say l+f doesn't resonate with her anymore but shes about to release a poetry book filled with writing arguably as weak as that album 

:yawney:

PRE-ORDER 'EAT THE WORLD' — A COLLECTION OF POEMS BY MARINA DIAMANDIS HERE:

Regular Hardback: https://marinadiamandis.lnk.to/eattheworld

Hand-Signed Hardback: https://www.resident-music.com/productdetails&product_id=113257

I'm obviously not a L+F lover by any means, but the album is mostly about a man she isn't with anymore, who also helped produce some of the album, she admitted orange trees and enjoy your life (and I suspect true) were made to try and make herself feel happier than she was, so I'm not really surprised it doesn't 'resonate' with her, what is there for her to 'resonate' with?

I'm curious to see what this album's rollout will be like as she has full creative control now, I don't want to set my expectations too high though, also she said new music is coming next year, not this year like she said before.

12 hours ago, brandon said:

GVnPHp7XkAAau3M.jpgi just audibly giggled 

But didn't she say in Ancient Dreams era (when many of her songs went viral) that The Family Jewels makes her cringe or something? She seems to change her mind a lot tbh

But ngl, I think that the reception from fans after L+F really affected her because she talked a lot how she started having nightmares and such + she also was in relationship w Jack Patterson

2.gif

There might be art she needs to make but I'd contend that there is art she doesn't need to share :oopna2:

Like, oh, the "poetry" book ... 

Which would have half as many pages if she wasn't hyperfixated on her tab key

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

5 minutes ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

There might be art she needs to make but I'd contend that there is art she doesn't need to share :oopna2:

Like, oh, the "poetry" book ... 

Which would have half as many pages if she wasn't hyperfixated on her tab key

The poetry book trend needs to stop, music is poetry.  Lana’s poetry I didn’t mind…but I want some actual music this feels like a waste.

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

Idk, her poetry kinda grew on me. Like it wasn't really my thing when she started teasing in 2022 or something but some of the newest ones have some personal stuff and details in it which make it kinda interesting.

2.gif

47 minutes ago, Embach said:

Idk, her poetry kinda grew on me. Like it wasn't really my thing when she started teasing in 2022 or something but some of the newest ones have some personal stuff and details in it which make it kinda interesting.

I agree, I don't think her poetry is the 'best' by any means and I hate the formatting, but I do like to learn about her life, aspartame was about the trip that inspired hollywood which I loved reading about tbh.

edit: also watching this it obviously means a lot to her and helped her work through a lot of stuff so I really glad she's feeling better

Isn't she saying that about L+F only because of the lukewarm reception? She pretended to hate Shampain and Radioactive too only because they failed to chart, y'know...

:tiffany3:

5 minutes ago, vrtvie said:

Isn't she saying that about L+F only because of the lukewarm reception? She pretended to hate Shampain and Radioactive too only because they failed to chart, y'know...

yeah but shampain and radioactive were actually good...

4 minutes ago, Charlottexseax said:

yeah but shampain and radioactive were actually good...

I know right! Anyway L+F has some cute moments. Her saying vague stuff like "that wasn't it" is kinda lame and banal. She should know how to distinguish good and bad lyricism in her work... I wonder if she's gonna write the album alone again.

:tiffany3: