Chris Cuomo

Katy Perry

Tbh the snippet is not that bad, I kinda like the beat but I don't like the autotune. Can't comment on the lyrics because I haven't heard the song in full

url%5D

Yeah that snippet didn’t do anything for me, but it’s also super short so I’m not gonna melt down yet :thumb2:

I don’t get why all these big make pop stars tease their music SO early, it is 2024 and people have the attention span of a potato so you need to strike while the iron is hot 

"Don’t forget me"

26 minutes ago, DemonMic2003 said:

If she’s working with dr l*ke I’ll compare all I want.

I mean i thought you were comparing it as an artist, like vocally, i wasn’t talking abt the producers she works with (i absolutely dislike Dr.Luke)

but the way you answered was a bit rude 

2 minutes ago, TrashMagiq said:

Sounds exactly like what I expected (not complimentary)

Perhaps the full song will be good.

The longer snippet with the full chorus leaked and somehow it sounds even worse

15 minutes ago, Dark City said:

I mean i thought you were comparing it as an artist, like vocally, i wasn’t talking abt the producers she works with (i absolutely dislike Dr.Luke)

but the way you answered was a bit rude 

I’m sorry if you thought I was rude. That wasn’t my intention. And no I wasn’t comparing as artists.

I like the supposed scope of the title, but personally the snippet sounded a bit bleh for me. 

I’ve been hoping she makes a true comeback. She’s solid, and she carried pop, so hopefully she can align herself w the caliber of pop artist that we all know she’s capable of being and was. 

Love ya Katy but we’ve been waiting on you

UV/Honeymoon

6 minutes ago, DemonMic2003 said:

I’m sorry if you thought I was rude. That wasn’t my intention. And no I wasn’t comparing as artists.

It’s no biggie, 143 🧡

That longer snippet sounds so cliche and melodically clunky and poorly written. I’ve already accepted years ago that Katy Perry isn’t what she used to be, and this confirms that it’s not because she stopped working with Dr Luke.

lowquality1717981842993.jpg

Katy just fully has no idea what people want from her anymore omfg

I knew it was completely over when she called When I’m Gone “everything you’ve been waiting for” and indicated it was a return to form or something. Then it was the most basic boring edm track that sounded dated upon release. 

Never Really Over really might’ve been the last time she served 😭 😭 😭 it’s really so sad she didn’t expand upon that sound and those visuals more, and somehow made smile instead 

27 minutes ago, Make me your Dream Life said:

I like the supposed scope of the title, but personally the snippet sounded a bit bleh for me. 

I’ve been hoping she makes a true comeback. She’s solid, and she carried pop, so hopefully she can align herself w the caliber of pop artist that we all know she’s capable of being and was. 

Love ya Katy but we’ve been waiting on you

Singers like Katy Perry need Jack Antonoff. While I love her, I think that she needs to totally reinvent her music. Like some people have said it here before, I've noticed that she keeps using that basic 2010s electropop/EDM formula that gave her #1 on charts in the early 2010s but now the pop music has changed multiple times and she can't be stuck in that type of nusic forever. I know that she's a pop singer but she has a lot of potential since she has amazing vocals and she has songwriting potential as well because she used to write great songs. While I'm not the biggest Jack Antonoff fan, I've noticed that ever since Lana (NFR), Lorde (Melodrama), Taylor (1989), St. Vincent (Masseduction) have started working with Jack, they became maybe more popular for the general public and they kind of "reinvented" themselves in the public eye and also for the critics and became kind of more popular for the general public (while I think that Lana has always been original, her music has always been great and has reinvented her music A LOT, in a good way, but with the help of Jack and NFR, she kind of "redeemed" herself in the eye of the music critics and they complimented her new direction in music, same with Lorde). I think that Adele should work with Jack as well, she's great and I love her but she seems to be stuck in her radio friendly piano ballad, adult contemporary, blue-eyed soul music for 3 eras straight.

15 minutes ago, brandon said:

Never Really Over really might’ve been the last time she served 😭😭😭

Am I only one who isn't the biggest fan of Never Really Over? The beats irritate me, the song is kinda too loud. I loved Harleys In Hawaii though.

url%5D

Idk but why did the people praise the album in the album listening party though? Were they fans? The response was positively overwhelming and it would be really weird if they lied and raised people's expectations :bebe:

url%5D

I'm not hating on Katy by any means, but she just gives this weird energy of someone stuck in the late 2000's - early 2010's. When she had Teenage Dream her success was so astronomical that there was nothing she could do afterwards, it was a "too much of a good thing" situation. She reached the highest highs and then, what could she do? Just go down.

And to be completely honest, I don't believe she has the range or artistic depth to make a good, contemporary sounding album, even if she worked with Jack. She could try, but I don't think anyone outside her fanbase cares for her anymore :bebe:

I'm sorry, I'm not trying to be mean but like, imagine yourself in her situation. Don't tell me you wouldn't retire and just live your millionaire life with your husband and your kids. Instead of trying and flopping again and again. She doesn't need it, we don't need it. 

Also this might be a little biased because her image is so 2010s to me that I can't help feeling nostalgic for those times and not in a good way, like yuck