fingertipss

candy necklace promo?

so recently lana’s been promoting candy necklace a lot? why is that though? i think she’s trying to earn back the money she lost from the production of the mv but honestly i can’t complain i love the 7inch vinyl she launched although it would have been fun if she did it what olivia did and put the demo on the other side stream candy necklace mv though

she probably sees it as the best song on the album and is thinking that if more people listen to it more people will listen to the album. I'm just guessing tho

okay serious answer here:

Following the TikTok boom, labels are no longer giving money or budgeting for music videos because they see YouTube and videos as a dead format that doesn't generate revenue or adequate promotion for the artist or them.. Clearly Lana is an artist that appreciates the visuals and views them as complementary to the overall narrative which is probably why she makes home videos the most- considering they probably don't even allocate budget for professional MV. My guess is that she really wants to prove them wrong and also potentially push them for MV budget allocation for the future. 

˚୨୧⋆。˚ ⋆ 𝑤𝚑𝑖𝑡𝑒 𝚑𝑜𝑡 𝑓𝑜𝑟𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑟 ⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚

4f630a5930678baafabe4bcd583b9d1f.jpg

22 minutes ago, Lanaspoisonivy said:

okay serious answer here:

Following the TikTok boom, labels are no longer giving money or budgeting for music videos because they see YouTube and videos as a dead format that doesn't generate revenue or adequate promotion for the artist or them.. Clearly Lana is an artist that appreciates the visuals and views them as complementary to the overall narrative which is probably why she makes home videos the most- considering they probably don't even allocate budget for professional MV. My guess is that she really wants to prove them wrong and also potentially push them for MV budget allocation for the future. 

I wish we could get anera where we get high budget music videos like we did for BTD/Paradise :defeated:

1 minute ago, The Siren said:

I wish we could get anera where we get high budget music videos like we did for BTD/Paradise :defeated:

Label budgeting is so idiotic. They are only willing to do 2-4 minute videos because of TikTok. It's the same reason mainstream pop artists make 3 minute songs. 
Lana is right, nowadays most people only have the attention span of like one minute.

˚୨୧⋆。˚ ⋆ 𝑤𝚑𝑖𝑡𝑒 𝚑𝑜𝑡 𝑓𝑜𝑟𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑟 ⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚

4f630a5930678baafabe4bcd583b9d1f.jpg