Sign in to follow this  
Embach

6.8 Magnitude Earthquake In Morocco

More than 2,000 people were killed in a powerful earthquake that struck Morocco late Friday night, sending people racing from their beds into the streets and toppling buildings in mountainous villages and ancient cities not built to withstand such force. The toll was expected to rise as rescuers struggled Saturday to get through boulder-strewn roads to the remote mountain villages to reach hard-hit remote areas to find survivors.  

The 6.8-magnitude quake was the biggest to hit Morocco in 120 years, and the ministry wrote that most damage occurred outside of cities and towns. At least 2,012 people died in the quake, mostly in Marrakech and five provinces near the epicenter, Morocco's Interior Ministry reported Saturday night. At least 2,059 more people were injured — 1,404 critically — the ministry said.

Cited from CBS News article: https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/morocco-earthquake-6-8-magnitude-marrakech-thousands-killed/

More info about it:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cw-eEfHu-Dk/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

Sending all my love and best wishes to Morrocan people ❤🕊

url%5D

Omg heard about it yesterday and it was shocking to hear and it really sounds terrible. Sending lots lots of love to Morroco ♥️♥️

Also one of my housemates was in morroco on vacation with friends when it happened too and sended us photos of their destroyed apartment, it was really shocking to see, thankfully he is fine🙏

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2: