ultrabanisters

Catherine, The Princess of Wales, Diagnosed with Cancer

I read a whole freaking book called the palace papers about the royal family and somehow this still came as a surprise to me. Even if there's always been problems in the royal family, I always thought of kate and william as the picture perfect family haha, because growing up, my parents were never super supportive of each other. I was talking about this to someone the other day, talking about how bad cancer affects women in general. Divorce rates skyrocket for women with cancer. I hope William is supporting Kate during this time. I heard the rumours about him cheating with rose hanbury, and seriously, I hope they are just rumours. The best to Kate, for her and her children's sake. 

Look I'm not saying I want the woman to look sick or anything  but I do think that the palace shouldn't've publicised that she was having chemo specifically

I think it's potentially quite demoralising for other cancer sufferers to see this woman who looks exactly the same as always (immaculate clothes and hair) going to Wimbledon etc when they are losing their hair and feeling too sick to do anything 

Quite obviously she's having a type of chemo that doesn't cause hair loss (or is simply lucky) and she feels okay but as I said, I don't think it was thought through how this might look (no pun intended) and it would've been better to be vague on the details (eg "treatment")

Obviously this is no fault of Kate's personally, I'm sure it's been rough and I wish her all the best, but yeah. Spending months excusing her from duties and the palace trying to frame it as being relatable to a normal cancer patient's experience was not it imo

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

41 minutes ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

Quite obviously she's having a type of chemo that doesn't cause hair loss (or is simply lucky)

it could just be a wig or extensions tbh, you'd be surprised with how popular they are within the rich. not saying that kate is using them but could very possibly be that 

3 hours ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

Look I'm not saying I want the woman to look sick or anything  but I do think that the palace shouldn't've publicised that she was having chemo specifically

I think it's potentially quite demoralising for other cancer sufferers to see this woman who looks exactly the same as always (immaculate clothes and hair) going to Wimbledon etc when they are losing their hair and feeling too sick to do anything 

Quite obviously she's having a type of chemo that doesn't cause hair loss (or is simply lucky) and she feels okay but as I said, I don't think it was thought through how this might look (no pun intended) and it would've been better to be vague on the details (eg "treatment")

Obviously this is no fault of Kate's personally, I'm sure it's been rough and I wish her all the best, but yeah. Spending months excusing her from duties and the palace trying to frame it as being relatable to a normal cancer patient's experience was not it imo

the thing is (i’m not sure where you live but especially in the uk) people were going WILD with conspiracies and it spiralled into this massive thing. basically i feel she had to explain what was going on as people genuinely thought she was dead

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

24/7/17 - 9/7/23 - 10/7/23

2 hours ago, ultrabanisters said:

the thing is (i’m not sure where you live but especially in the uk) people were going WILD with conspiracies and it spiralled into this massive thing. basically i feel she had to explain what was going on as people genuinely thought she was dead

I-

Okay I didn't know that 

I knew there was speculation but not to that extent

5 hours ago, details said:

it could just be a wig or extensions tbh, you'd be surprised with how popular they are within the rich. not saying that kate is using them but could very possibly be that 

I thought so too but you can see her scalp so I really don't think it's a wig (and extensions wouldn't rly work with thinning)

ANYWAY as I said I don't WANT her to go through bad stuff just so other people feel better about themselves or anything, it just struck me that maybe the palace should've chosen the information they put out more carefully 

I guess I thought the reason they mentioned chemo specifically was to prepare ppl for when she reappeared with a pixie cut or something iykwim

If they intended all along to make her look "normal" (be it with wigs or extensions or whatever) when she reappeared then why even give that detail? No one would've known

Then again it's an unprecedented situation 

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

https://www.ucsfhealth.org/treatments/cold-caps-to-reduce-chemo-hair-loss

There are different therapies/treatments that in some cases can prevent or at least reduce hair loss and other side effects: as said before, it depends on the meds/formula of the chemo, too. Not every chemo causes hair loss, nausea, fatigue, pain in your bones, long term side effects etc. It can also depend on the cancer type and stage. 

+ no offense, but it shouldn‘t be Kate‘s problem if people think she doesn‘t look sick enough/has still too much energy… These people better get informed about this disease and its treatments. And in this case I don‘t mean any other cancer patients as I am pretty sure they already know. 

Hope, Kate stays strong and will beat the beast.