Sign in to follow this  
SalvaWHORE

Cardcaptor Sakura

HAPPY 26th ANNIVERSARY TO CCS!!!

I can't believe that we have yet to have a thread for this legendary series. Cardcaptor Sakura literally one of the greatest shoujo anime of all time!

Anyways, since this iconic TV series premiered 26 years ago today. I created this thread dedicated to Cardcaptor Sakura. Here, let's we discuss about the series (manga or anime), as well as the Clow cards / Clear cards and other related works in the CLAMP multiverse (Tsubasa Chronicles, xxxHOLIC, etc.)

IqBbOyY.jpeg

IwWsyv0.jpeg

(to be updated ...)

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

2 minutes ago, KingsMotelPart2 said:

Oh, wow, really good childhood memories comes to my mind, thanks for creating this thread :ohmy:

thanx luv, more to be updated :party: I hope there are fans of CCS on Lanaboards too

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

1 hour ago, blackenedrussianpoetry said:

Kind of convinced that touya and yukito are boyfriends

it's canon and confirmed by CLAMP for years now babe

what can i say, these are my roman empire. Literally serving right here

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQdmuf3PKpsmT72svspbN2

6 hours ago, Beautiful Loser said:

I’ve been wanting to read it for years now but now I fear I’m too old for it and won’t really enjoy it as much as I would’ve when I was a kid :crai:

actually it's a very good show, yes the target audience are kids focused but there are so many things that even adults can enjoy, and the capturing of the cards never fails to excite me even after all these years. Really recommend you to get into it.

The manga is more mature whereas the anime is more innocent since most children watch anime. But i prefer the anime better since it has 52/53 cards (the manga only has 19 cards) and the anime honestly fix some issues that i had with the manga (the Rika x sensei relationship, really weird, in the anime, they toned it down to just a one-sided crush from Rika to her sensei).

and i've been rewatching the anime in English dub again (growing up in Vietnam, we had this show in Vietnamese dub and original Japanese version with subtitle so I've never watched this show in Western version), but hell the Western they really rip CCS to shreds just to fit with the audience at that time: All the LGBTQ+, the Touya x Yukito plotline eventually were cut out of the show in Western. No trace of  any hints to their romantic relationship at all. Ironically, most Asian countries are so conservative and traditionally old-fashioned, but the fact that they still can keep the LGBTQ+ in the show still amazed me.

one thing i like about the anime more than the manga is they fix the storyline between Rika and Terada-sensei to something more acceptable: On the anime, they only portraits how Rika - a grade 4 student has a one-sided crush on her teacher - a grown man. But in the manga, it was weird as fuck.