YourGirl666

Create your own DIY fake unleaked Lana Del Rey song/demo + fake info drops!

West Cartelet (2008)- acoustic 2 minute track, strongly muffled, psychedelic vocals

After Midnight (2014)- dark bluesy rock track, really 60s/70s psychedelic sound, lyrically similiar to Your Girl

Future Noir (2017)- surf country-ish soft rock track with synthpop influences, trap beats and autotune in some vocals. retro-futuristic flair for real.

Drowning In The Flames (2019-2020)- ambienty dreamy song kinda eerie with weird synths and acoustic guitar in the background and strings appearing after second chorus. 

Psycho Lifeguard (2022)- 80s influenced midtempo synth post-punk track with cracky funky guitar and trippy drums with many reverbed production aspects

"The Death Of An Astronaut" (recorded December 2015) - a ten minute space opera opus which was later reworked to Heroin.

Songwriting credits: Lana Del Rey, Rick Nowels, Dan Heath.

Production Credits: Rick Nowels, Kieron Menzies, Dan Heath, Lana Del Rey, Mighty Mike.

The song's instrumental begins with an intro which starts with eerie organ which samples Saint Saëns' Aquarium but which is also followed by flute. Once the flute ends, Lana starts singing while the haunting organ is still in the background. In the pre-chorus, you can feel the bass in the background which is about to creep up more and more in every other pre-choruses. The chorus follows huge cinematic orchestral strings similar to the Dan Heath's version of Young & Beautiful. The post-chorus has beautiful harps, similar to the ones in The Blackest Day.

Lyrically it is about a lonely man who is about to lose his life, it like breaks down the process of his death - like what happens to him, how his heart stops beating and what are his memories which flash before his death and how he will be remembered. but the mystery behind it is we don't know how he dies, was it a murder or a suicide or an accident with elusive references alluding to all three possibilities.

The song has 5 verses, with all full pre-choruses, choruses and post-choruses which all different after each verse.

The song's climax is an electric guitar instrumental breakdown with chords: Em-G-D-A with strong heavy metal drums and electronic sound effects in the background and later will be followed by an epic one-minute bridge which follows a chorus with also has these similar lines from Heroin: "Taking all the medicine to take your thoughts away. Getting on that aeroplane, leaving your dear life behind". This time the chorus is more silent in a way that it only has that ambient organ in the background. This is also the sign that the song itself becomes more quiet and quiet symbolizing that person's last breath and his death. The outro is less epic, but it still follows the ambient organ, Lana sings about getting free and finding bridge, later she quietly hums the electric guitar's instrumental breakdown and later a piano plays the same notes of that breakdown but obviously on a much quieter mode. The last lines she sang in that song was "Finally, you have crossed the threshold" but she sang that differently than she did that in Get Free.

This would be one of those rare Lana songs where she never mentions the song's title (like Terrence Loves You).

These would be the visuals of the cover art:

Lanalana-poster.jpg

Please, this is my peak delusion, this is not how a normal person thinks. :hide:

2.gif

ha! i already completely made up lana demos years ago for fun (i had nothing better to do with my time), so, here they are:

- "Spanish Eyes" (2015): Honeymoon outtake, acoustic leaning unfinished demo with simple instrumentation, similar to "Nectar of the Gods" and "Crazy for You".

- "I lost myself" (2015): Rough demo of "Terrence Loves You", some different verses, simpler instrumental, heavy reverb on vocals (most likely recorded on laptop).

"Wet Kitty" a rough laptop demo for "Cola" recorded in 2010 shortly after the release of AKA one of lyrics is "I suck it real good for my baby, now I'm wet and it's no surprise" among various small lyrics changes features an electric guitar as the instrumental that is produced by David Kahne.

Edited by DemonMic2003

54 minutes ago, DemonMic2003 said:

"Wet Kitty" a rough laptop demo for "Cola" recorded in 2010 shortly after the release of AKA one of lyrics is "I suck it real good for my baby, now I'm wet and it's no surprise" among various small lyrics changes features an electric guitar as the instrumental that is produced by David Kahne.

ok iconic 

12 hours ago, plastiscguy said:

The way this might actually be real... :brigitte:

I swear, this is totally possible. I remember almost everyone thinking that the LMLYLAW UV demo tea was fake but then... Same with DBJAG and NAWWAL being NFR scraps.

“End of an Era” (Late 2016)

a 4:16 minute long ballad in which Lana talks about how there was a switch in her life during the time she moved from Alabama to L.A. trying to find the fame.

the song features strings, some guitar during the verses and is instrumentally

similar to Poetry in Motion.

“Blue” (2014 HM sessions)

a 4:32 minutes song with a very cinematic instrumental that opens up with heavy strings and “a la orchestal” type of isntrumental, trough out the song Lana explains how she was born feeling blue and how this feeling haunts her everyday. In the bridge she mentions that she hopes a change in the way she feels. 

“Tuesday” (2011 BTD Sessions)

a 3:49 song with a production that resembles both Ice Cream and Hundred dollar bill. In this song Lana talks about the Tuesday that her lover left her

(the same person that she sings about throughout the whole BTD album) 

and most importantly she opens up about how she misses him and how she still feels haunted by him. So it’s a Deep lyric-Bop instrumental situation.

"City Lights" (2010)

An electronic upbeat song about how shiny and neon the city lights are when she's on a night out with her boyfriend.

"Cigarette" (2006)

A laptop demo about how she met her lover boy K, how he smoked cigarettes and compares him to James Dean again. Shares lyric from Axl Rose Husband/Paradise 2015: "I would fall down dead, I'm bereaved by you..." 

"Bitch" (2009/2010)

A concept demo of "She's Not Me", where the slow guitar intro (from that final one) plays majority of the song.

"Babe" (2005)

May Jailer era song where she talks about missing her babe.

"Psycho" (2010)

A secret sister track of Kinda Outta Luck, it's kind of a "sequel" to the song where she's singing about how she killed her sugar daddy in the truck.

"Freedom" (2012)

Acapella song, lyrically it heavily alludes to Money Power Glory, it's the origin of "Freedom comes from the call" line.

"I Will Love You Till The End Of Time" (2007)

Blue Jeans laptop demo, similarly how Methamphetamines became Old Money, alternate title was "For K, Pt 3". It much shorter song than Blue Jeans but the chorus and the bridge came originally from there + she vaguely alludes on how K died.

2.gif

Funeral Pyre (6:32) Ultraviolence sessions

Written in a psychedelic (in an LSD induced trip) hallucination, a scrapped concept detailing the death of a loved one around the time of a failed wedding (Fine China). Uses a church/funeral organ piano as the main instrument with additional percussion with and heavy drums and a deeply buried/muffled electric guitar. Includes an instrumental break of approximately 2 and a half minutes of growing intensity before the bridge kicks in full of emotions at about the 4:38 mark. The final vocal line is echoed into a fade out. Meant to be the closing track of a standard edition. For deluxe versions, the fade out is exchanged for a crossfade with the following song. 

Valley of Forgotten Roses (4:11) Ultraviolence sessions / Honeymoon sessions

Deluxe track 1 following Funeral Pyre. Written inspired by a dream following the memory of the person who passed away (as detailed in the above concept) using the "valley of Forgotten Roses" as a way to describe the feeling of forgetting each memory (each rose) of said dead person (valley = vast quantity). Slightly more upbeat than Funeral Pyre, similar sound but it's more consistent rather than a gradual growth in intensity. The organ piano is toned down a few notches, the electric guitar is traded for an acoustic guitar and is not muffled/buried. Later revisited for a Honeymoon "redux" version a la Driving in Cars with Boys 2014 version for a tour mix.

Edited by DYKTTAHOLB

Fingertips (4:30) Blue Banisters sessions / Ocean Blvd sessions

Arcadia very rough/early finished concept. Very sexy lyrics detailing her lover tracing her body with his fingertips, describing her body with metaphors and similes. More in the soundscape of The Trio interlude. Was later re-written as a piano Ballad Arcadia, took the The Trio interlude out of the demo, and the lyrics were revisited and tangentially completely rewritten for the Ocean Blvd track.

Black Palm Trees (2:22) AKA sessions

Another rendition of Trash Magic, may also have what can be considered as an early lyric concept for TV in Black & White. 

Plain Jane (1:16) 2005 laptop demo

Very AKA esque lyric about not feeling good enough for whoever she's dating at the time.

Edited by DYKTTAHOLB

15 hours ago, Embach said:

"The Death Of An Astronaut" (recorded December 2015) - a ten minute space opera opus which was later reworked to Heroin.

Songwriting credits: Lana Del Rey, Rick Nowels, Dan Heath.

Production Credits: Rick Nowels, Kieron Menzies, Dan Heath, Lana Del Rey, Mighty Mike.

The song's instrumental begins with an intro which starts with eerie organ which samples Saint Saëns' Aquarium but which is also followed by flute. Once the flute ends, Lana starts singing while the haunting organ is still in the background. In the pre-chorus, you can feel the bass in the background which is about to creep up more and more in every other pre-choruses. The chorus follows huge cinematic orchestral strings similar to the Dan Heath's version of Young & Beautiful. The post-chorus has beautiful harps, similar to the ones in The Blackest Day.

Lyrically it is about a lonely man who is about to lose his life, it like breaks down the process of his death - like what happens to him, how his heart stops beating and what are his memories which flash before his death and how he will be remembered. but the mystery behind it is we don't know how he dies, was it a murder or a suicide or an accident with elusive references alluding to all three possibilities.

The song has 5 verses, with all full pre-choruses, choruses and post-choruses which all different after each verse.

The song's climax is an electric guitar instrumental breakdown with chords: Em-G-D-A with strong heavy metal drums and electronic sound effects in the background and later will be followed by an epic one-minute bridge which follows a chorus with also has these similar lines from Heroin: "Taking all the medicine to take your thoughts away. Getting on that aeroplane, leaving your dear life behind". This time the chorus is more silent in a way that it only has that ambient organ in the background. This is also the sign that the song itself becomes more quiet and quiet symbolizing that person's last breath and his death. The outro is less epic, but it still follows the ambient organ, Lana sings about getting free and finding bridge, later she quietly hums the electric guitar's instrumental breakdown and later a piano plays the same notes of that breakdown but obviously on a much quieter mode. The last lines she sang in that song was "Finally, you have crossed the threshold" but she sang that differently than she did that in Get Free.

This would be one of those rare Lana songs where she never mentions the song's title (like Terrence Loves You).

These would be the visuals of the cover art:

Lanalana-poster.jpg

Please, this is my peak delusion, this is not how a normal person thinks. :hide:

If only Lana had this level of delusion :giggle:

Dope & Diamonds (2012)

Tropico/UV sessions outtake, 2 studio demos and 1 laptop demo exist, very unfinished, chorus comes from MPG bridge (she was still deciding where to put it) but it's not just "Dope and Diamonds" repeated multiple times, there are different/full lyrics for it with the same melody, first verse repeats itself after first chorus, the sounds is very Cult Leader but more acoustic like Dragonslayer, still ominous and spooky sounding, bridge is not remarkable, she uses her head voice a lot. 

Swift Move (2024)

Taylor diss track, written after the Grammys, huge Lizzy Grant vibes, dark, raw but moderated rock instrumental like Flipside, Nirvana vibes, heavy on the bass, passive agressive lyrics, no name dropping tho, reuses some lyrics from The Other Side, samples Anti Hero drums in the intro.

26 minutes ago, YourGirl666 said:

Dope & Diamonds (2012)

Tropico/UV sessions outtake, 2 studio demos and 1 laptop demo exist, very unfinished, chorus comes from MPG bridge (she was still deciding where to put it) but it's not just "Dope and Diamonds" repeated multiple times, there are different/full lyrics for it with the same melody, first verse repeats itself after first chorus, the sounds is very Cult Leader but more acoustic like Dragonslayer, still ominous and spooky sounding, bridge is not remarkable, she uses her head voice a lot. 

Swift Move (2024)

Taylor diss track, written after the Grammys, huge Lizzy Grant vibes, dark, raw but moderated rock instrumental like Flipside, Nirvana vibes, heavy on the bass, passive agressive lyrics, no name dropping tho, reuses some lyrics from The Other Side, samples Anti Hero drums in the intro.

I'm Your Worst Nightmare (feat. Taylor Swift)

Unreleased song rumored to be for Lasso. Miles better then Snow on the Beach, produced by Rick Nowels with mixing by Jack Antonoff. Rumoured to be a Nikki Lane Diss Track with production similar to Breaking Up Slowly crossed with Ultraviolence.

2 minutes ago, Embach said:

"Never Had A Problem Talking With You" (2010)

Boom Like That demo but with sad piano melody with violins 😪

"When You Wanna Dance" (2015) 

Honeymoon outtake, jazzy cinematic piano ballad with soft strings, harps and electric guitar, Crazy For You x Video Games, reuses many lyrics from the unreleased fan favorite song Boom Like That, was finished and mastered but scrapped last minute cause Lana decided to keep that to herself for it was one of her favorite unreleased songs along with California '14, beautiful vocals and harmonies. #LeakHer

17 minutes ago, DemonMic2003 said:

I'm Your Worst Nightmare (feat. Taylor Swift)

Unreleased song rumored to be for Lasso. Miles better then Snow on the Beach, produced by Rick Nowels with mixing by Jack Antonoff. Rumoured to be a Nikki Lane Diss Track with production similar to Breaking Up Slowly crossed with Ultraviolence.

I heard that it was later pitched for Demi's Holly Fvck album with updated metal production and Demi's vocals with Axl Rose feature.

Hollywood (Alive Again): mastered demo of Hollywood for the scrapped Born To Die expanded edition. Basically the same as the first leaked version but with the synth bass replaced with actual bass, additional violins and different electric guitar by Emilie Haynie

13 minutes ago, DemonMic2003 said:

Hollywood (Alive Again): mastered demo of Hollywood for the scrapped Born To Die expanded edition. Basically the same as the first leaked version but with the synth bass replaced with actual bass, additional violins and different electric guitar by Emilie Haynie

FAKE INFO POST REGARDING THE FAKE SCRAPPED BTD EXPANDED EDITION. THIS IS FAKE DONT COME FOR ME :pout:

1. Kill Kill with both The Ocean first verse and production similar to Blue Jeans was heavily considered for the reissue not sure if it was ever recorded tho.

2. Hollywood (Then titled Alive Again) was originally written after BTD was released and the mentioned demo above was going to be on the tracklist before Paradise (her magnus opas) was conceived.

3. Serial Killer rework does exist and was considered for the expanded edition but its barely different vocally and production wise it's unfinished.

4. Contrary to popular belief, Damn You and Hollywood's Dead were never going to be apart of the expanded edition they were just reworked by Emilie and Lana for fun.

5. French Restaurant was on an early expanded edition tracklist but I believe nothing ever came of it.

6. There's a cover of Fade Into You that was recorded for the expanded edition that even Mazy star (hope i spelled that correctly) loved but it was scrapped along with the expanded edition.