Hi! Mod team is aware of site issues and have contacted Admin :) ×
yu16273947

Foxes

It would seem really out of place on the album tbh. 

That's why they are called Bonus Tracks.

Example:

"Rumors" by Lindsay Lohan, even though is a single is tagged as a bonus track because it feels out of place on the album.

"Invisible" by Ashlee Simpson is the same thing in her latest album.

It really pisses me off when people think the deluxe edition songs are part of the album (any album, not only "Glorious") they are bonus tracks as they are not part of the original standard edition.

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

I've ordered the signed CD, and Foxes said on Facebook she's left some random/special messages in five of the CDs. I've never wanted a vandalised item more in my life!!

If any of you are bidding in this, all the versions are the final album versions apart from Glorious. I know because I have this promo

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/400707424580?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Which version of Glorious is in this Album Sampler?

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

finally had time to start listening to the album and I think Talking to Ghosts was a horrible choice for an opening song

Can you lIke leave this thread, all I see is negativity from you and it's really annoying.

s8d0lgO.jpg

Can you lIke leave this thread, all I see is negativity from you and it's really annoying.

I liked the album, just said it was a bad opener

I've posted in here a grand total of less than 5 times and only once did I say I thought she wasn't pretty but I like the music

BzhmW.png

I'd rather have you write something negative and on topic rather than someone starting an essay on bonus tracks... 

tumblr_lzijiaO9hK1qa20kao1_500.gif

the title track is AMAZING :giveup: the album reminded me a little bit of Florence and the Machine but less vocally theatric which was good because that gets tiresome

BzhmW.png

I'd rather have you write something negative and on topic rather than someone starting an essay on bonus tracks... 

tumblr_lzijiaO9hK1qa20kao1_500.gif

the title track is AMAZING :giveup: the album reminded me a little bit of Florence and the Machine but less vocally theatric which was good because that gets tiresome

:omfg2:  :omfg:  Shade not taken, you're cute guys.

I don't think omgitsandrew is spreading negativity, he has his own opinions and you shouldn't expect him to think like you.

Nobody should give a fuck to what people think online, specially if you're talking to a stranger, it's ridiculous that people only hide behind a screen with a username and an avatar.

I don't care what you like or dislike, I'm just sharing my opinion and if I can help someone with info, pictures, music, news or downloads... well, I can help even though I have little or no time for strangers, but we share one thing in common and that makes me want to be nice with everyone and be helpful.

You should do the same  :)

To be honest, I'm with omgitsandrew on this one - Talking to Ghosts wasn't necessarily a good opening song choice. It's a good song, no doubt, but to open the album? It doesn't really represent the album well enough to get first track status.

Although I agree that The Unknown is a fantastic ending for the album, even if it is only on the Deluxe Version.

I've heard a lot of people comparing Foxes to Florence and the Machine, but without the theatrics. I'm no fan of FATM, and am glad that Foxes doesn't go as dramatic as FATM does in terms of reverb and screaming into the microphone.

My only niggle in the album is "Shaking Heads". Don't get me wrong, it's a brilliant song, and a personal favourite of mine. It's just the clunky transition it takes in the last bridge (when she goes from "Pick up the light, leave it darling" to "I'm going, I'm going"). The sudden rise in volume on the music is really odd, that could've been smoothed out better.

Overall though, I'm very impressed with Glorious, the title track is phenomenal, and I hope it's the choice for next single, assuming Foxes goes for a fourth single. I just hope Foxes continues to go all-out, and that her next album isn't a disgrace in terms of leaking, and having the majority of the track list released via album samplers. Still, I can honestly say I'm a big fan now.

What song would you pick for the opening then?

Personally? I think Youth should've opened, that or one of her previous singles (LGfT, or HOH). That way, people know what they're listening to, plus I think Youth is best simply 'cos it's pop-y, yet has that experimental side to it, so it sets the tone of the album pretty much spot on.