yu16273947

Foxes

Guys can anyone please type the official Talking to Ghosts lyrics from the booklet including the "Why does it hurt when my heart misses the beat?" part (if it's accurate, is that what that woman says?).

Glitter falls on the souls that were saved

A love lies cold and drowned in the waves

Cos you never really took it serious did you?

No you never really took life serious did you?

And I can be your guiding light if you just let me

But I can't be your guiding light if you have left me

The mark you left lies still on the ground

Speaking silence has no sound

No you never really took life serious did you?

I can be your guiding light if you have left me

I can be your guiding light if you just let me

Higher higher

Open skies are dawning

Higher Higher

Open skies are dawning

Been talking to your ghost all day

Hoping in the same old way

Have you really gone have you really gone?

Higher higher

Why does it hurt when my heart misses the beat

As you can see, lyrics are actually wrong :smh: But that's what's in the booklet.

s8d0lgO.jpg

Glitter falls on the souls that were saved

A love lies cold and drowned in the waves

No you never took life serious did you?

And I can be your guiding light if you just let me

But I can't be your guiding light if you have left me

The mark you left lies still on the ground

Speaking silence has no sound

No you never took life serious did you?

I can be your guiding light if you have left me

I can be your guiding light if you just let me

Higher higher

Open skies are dawning

Higher Higher

Open skies are dawning

Been talking to your ghost all day

Hoping in the same old way

Higher higher

Why does it hurt when my heart misses the beat

As you can see, lyrics are actually wrong :smh: But that's what's in the booklet.

Thank you so much for these and the scans <3

Where are the lyrics wrong? :O

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

I just got into Foxes and I'm really in love with the Glorious deluxe version right now. I've loved Clarity from the beginning and the acoustic version is even better and I'm happy I gave it a try.

I wanted to listen to all the songs on the Internet first before getting it and on Youtube I found a pitched and faster version of Night Owls Early Birds, at first I thought it was the 'real' version :awk: Tbh I prefer it to the normal version which is weird because it's actually a quite awkward thing but I think it's even more awesome like that and I listen to it all the time at the moment and it's motivating as fuck.

I'm probably alone with that opinion and everyone else might think it's crap but yeah, here it is. It's a lyric video and some of the 'lyrics' the person edited in made me crack up ("Why look like I'm wet for birds" - enough said)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xr4q1HynW-0

Thank you so much for these and the scans <3

Where are the lyrics wrong? :O

Wow I don't even know, I forgot to type a couple words and I checked over a couple times....anyways, the lyrics "I can be your guiding light if you have left me" are wrong and I know that for sure.

s8d0lgO.jpg

Lyric booklets always have a terrible thing of being dreadfully inaccurate.

"Shaking Heads" lyric:

"Pick up the light, leave it darling"

"Shaking Heads" booklet "lyric":

"Pick up the light and keep it darling"

Doesn't even sound close to what she's saying.

Same with Ellie Goulding, and Halcyon Days for "Figure 8"

The lyric is:
"You promise forever and a day"

Yet the booklet says:

"You promise forever everyday"

I just think the writer(s) for lyric booklets just write whatever. Lyrics are rarely written accurately in them, and I know there's one song in the lyric booklet for Glorious (I think "White Coats") that misses out the lyrics for like, half the song. It seems Glorious is no exception to this problem.

They're supposed to be proof read before being printed so clearly some one isn't good at their job... Having said that writing out lyrics is annoying as fuck

That or they were like "Fuck it! It'll do!"

I enjoy writing lyrics out personally, but that's just me. :eek:

Handwritten is fine but typing them is annoying. I had to sit and write out lyrics for 11 tracks and 15 liner notes for a digital booklet and i don't want to do it again  :bored:

That's my idea of a good time. My handwriting is like chicken scratch to be considered good. I prefer typed 'cos it looks... Oh so much neater. :twirls:

Lyric booklets always have a terrible thing of being dreadfully inaccurate.

"Shaking Heads" lyric:

"Pick up the light, leave it darling"

"Shaking Heads" booklet "lyric":

"Pick up the light and keep it darling"

Doesn't even sound close to what she's saying.

Same with Ellie Goulding, and Halcyon Days for "Figure 8"

The lyric is:

"You promise forever and a day"

Yet the booklet says:

"You promise forever everyday"

I just think the writer(s) for lyric booklets just write whatever. Lyrics are rarely written accurately in them, and I know there's one song in the lyric booklet for Glorious (I think "White Coats") that misses out the lyrics for like, half the song. It seems Glorious is no exception to this problem.

I also don't understand why in the booklet for Figure 8, there's lyrics (or a verse, whatever) that isn't even in the song...I wanna hear the version with that :(

s8d0lgO.jpg

Is she really singing "Higher higher"? 
Maybe it's the british pronunciation or is she just singing "Aaa eee aaa"?

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

Yes and it fits in with the open sky lyric. 

Thanks for clarifying :)