Sitar

Lorde

This is the first Lorde album that I listened in full. I wasn't interested in her, she was way to young to take her seriously, Royals was annoying and there were bad vibes between her and Lana when Pure Heroine came out. Most of the issues that I had with her are gone now and I have to say that I discovered a talented and very consistent lyricist throughout Melodrama. I still think that Pitchfork overrated the album but this is a solid release nonetheless. I inevitably compared her to Lana and i found her very dissimilar, her lyricism and sound are very different from Lana's. On record, Lana is a much better and more versatile vocalist but the production of the songs and the sound in general on Melodrama seem more modern and varied than what is Lana proposing with LFL. The big difference between the two is the message which is consistent and well thought out on Melodrama compared with the mishmash of ideas that is LFL so far.

I love how she used the piano from Green Light on Supercut, and the beat from Tennis Court on Liability (Reprise)

Also the beginning of Hard Feelings is Royals but woooooo I hadn't peeped the Tennis Court beat on Liability (Reprise), no wonder its already my most played :crai:

tumblr_ov81kxfRAq1t0t62zo1_500.gif

I wonder which songs will get a music video besides Green Light and Perfect Places. I hope she does something more artistic with the visuals... something like Tropico. Or, even better yet, something like Florence and The Machine's The Odyssey (since the themes between Melodrama & How Big, How Blue, How Beautiful are very similar). It could be a little short film called "Melodrama Forever" since she seems to be using that line a lot. 

for me, songs like The Louvre, Sober II, Liabilty Reprise, & sometimes Supercut I have to be in the mood for otherwise they're boring for me.

The only songs i can enjoy whenever are Homemade Dynamite, Perfect Places, Writer In The Dark, Sober, Green Light & Liability.

love this album. that lyric in The Louvre ('they'll hang us in the louvre, down the back but who cares, still the louvre") kills me every time :party:

tumblr_n7a4cdzBFk1r65oxko1_500.gif