Wryta Thinkpiece

First Aid Kit

Oh my god I am horrible at keeping up with the threads I open, I need to work on that once Finals Week is over. :eek:

Silver Lining and Cedar Lane are fucking phenomenal. I can't say I love one more than the other. That's what I really love about First Aid Kit; they really have a way of bringing such a wide spectrum of muses and experiences into their albums that it can be hard to choose definite favorites. There'll never be another Pervigilo or In the Hearts of Men, but there will now never be another Silver Lining or Cedar Lane. :icant:

I am so fucking excited for this album, and apparently the Deluxe Collector's Bundle will ship before or on my birthday; I am going to have to start dropping birthday gift hints to people. I need to have UV and Stay Gold in my physical possession. :crying:

That's so hard, hmm. I mean I adore "This Old Routine", but at the same time I've recently fallen in love with how the song "Dance to Another Tune" flips completely at 3:27. It's so sonically~ pleasing to hear in a way. That part is so fucking beautiful :wipe: 

Then there's "Wolf" that moves me every time I listen to it. Such a winning track! "My Silver Lining" is slowly climbing up on my chart, but it might just be the #hype.

Fuck it. I'll be back with a proper answer once Stay Gold releases~

EQFO7rX.png

What's your favourite song from them?

I think mine has to be To A Poet

Fuck, this is really tough. I mean, I would have to say that if I had to listen to only one First Aid Kit song for the rest of my life, it would probably be "Pervigilo" before anything else. I mean, the lyrics are so hear-wrenchingly beautiful and simple, and the meaning of the title just really creates the atmosphere for the throes of feeling a love unrequited and lacking the courage to speak with candor about said feelings.

"I want to be your appetite,

I want to be your good dreams,

your bad dreams.

I can't help it, you're so...

beautiful."

Definitely a great fucking song.

I feel like a flop, I discovered them in November 2012 and was obsessed with The Lion's Roar for so long that i've never taken the time to listen to The Big Black and The Blue, except for the songs with music videos.  :ohno: 

Now Stay Gold and Ultraviolence are coming so soon so close to each other I know i'm not going to listen to anything else  :teehee: I'll have to wait to discover their first album

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

omg. The album is streaming online! I don't think i'm gonna listen until I get the Vinyl + download code though. Then again i might have to listen to it ASAP before Ultraviolence hits  :defeated:

http://www.npr.org/2014/06/01/317090235/first-listen-first-aid-kit-stay-gold

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

love the overall feeling to this album. starts off really strong and slowly progresses into slow and kinda melancholy tunes á "a long time ago". 

now, how do we acquire "brother"?  :defeated:

EQFO7rX.png

love the overall feeling to this album. starts off really strong and slowly progresses into slow and kinda melancholy tunes á "a long time ago". 

now, how do we acquire "brother"?  :defeated:

Sit tight and hopefully it will show up on June 10th  :party: Still won't push the album to over 40 minutes though :creep:

I'm obsessed with Master Pretender, Waitress Song and Stay Gold. Though I love every song those are the ones on repeat rn

And shattered & hollow :oprah:

Oh c'mon TM! I was just about to say the very same thing  :icant:

"Master Pretender" is my fav though. The intro tunes even remind me of "Wolf". 

EQFO7rX.png