Sign in to follow this  
PennCentralFan

How much would you pay for Lana VIP packages in North America if she has them?

First do you think when Lana tours the USA will she have VIP packages? I mean many artists have VIP packages where you get a upfront seat in the first rows, a goodie bag, party, reception and sometimes you do get to meet the artist for photos and autographs! Those are often done for theater shows also.

I wonder how big venues will be when she tours North America. I don't know if she'll do arena tours or theater tours or club tours. There are venues for theaters where you can fit 2,000 people and some clubs can fit that many.

Now I know many of us want to camp out and go crazy and get upfront but artists can make some very good extra money for doing VIP packages and with so much music sharing many artists have lost revenue that has to be made up somehow via tours and vip packages. VIP packages rose in the need to make up for lost record sales.

So let's say ViP packages were available where you got in the front row, got a goodie bag and got a meet and greet.

Would you pay the 200 to 300 to 400? Madonna VIP where you didn't get to meet her went for 1500.00 LOL.

I am very lucky in that i have a good job and considering how much I spent going to Chicago for two days including hotel, meals, beer, parking etc. I think I would do it if she came and offered a VIP package for the Minneapolis/St. Paul area.

Now if she didn't offer a VIP package I would get there early and hang out before and after for a chance to meet her and get in the front row.

Did she have VIP packages in Europe, btw? If so, how much were them?

Fun fact: I paid CHF250 (around USD270) to see her live here in Switzerland in 2012; it was a regular ticket, of course. :toofunny:

So I'd definitely go for the American VIP package if it cost around 300 - 400 dollars. :pft:

919ceea0464eb5a3daad20d59bcb188c.gif            3ca7984fc9b72d5b7ff1941e270eb9a2.png

Did she have VIP packages in Europe, btw? If so, how much were them?

Fun fact: I paid CHF250 (around USD270) to see her live here in Switzerland in 2011; it was a regular ticket, of course. :toofunny:

So I'd definitely go for the American VIP package if it cost around 300 - 400 dollars. :pft:

Wow 270 for a regular ticket. That's crazy. That is like up front floor tickets in the us. Lolla was 270 for three days.

I would pay in the low hundreds for a Minnesota vip package since I live in the area.

Wow 270 for a regular ticket. That's crazy. That is like up front floor tickets in the us. Lolla was 270 for three days.

I would pay in the low hundreds for a Minnesota vip package since I live in the area.

The original price was around 150 - 180 francs. Those tickets sold out in a matter of hours though, imo because the festival organization underestimated how many fans she has here and put her in a secondary small & intimate venue ('Jazz Café') rather than in one of main ones. So the second (and very limited) batch of tickets was even more expensive. Lots of people paid even more for black market tickets (around 500 CHF) they weren't even sure were legit. It was a mess.

It was worth it because the concert was really intimate & special, much better than the one in a big arena in Geneva this year.

919ceea0464eb5a3daad20d59bcb188c.gif            3ca7984fc9b72d5b7ff1941e270eb9a2.png

i got to the venue 5 minutes before it started, and i managed to get close to the front and speak to her.

don't bother spending hours waiting, it's not worth it tbh. 

I guess it depends on the venue. I went to her House of Blues show Thursday, and it was a mess.

I guess it depends on the venue. I went to her House of Blues show Thursday, and it was a mess.

yeah true, i suppose it could be different in england. 

but if you are going to wait for hours, be careful. inside the venue one girl fainted as well, my mum had to rescue her. 

4r9w86.jpg

yeah true, i suppose it could be different in england. 

but if you are going to wait for hours, be careful. inside the venue one girl fainted as well, my mum had to rescue her. 

It's funny you say that because my best friend blacked out when we were at the show. Lost our spots but still got to see everything okay. We now know that if we're going to wait for hours, we're bringing more food and water than we did this time.

It's funny you say that because my best friend blacked out when we were at the show. Lost our spots but still got to see everything okay. We now know that if we're going to wait for hours, we're bringing more food and water than we did this time.

oh god, that must be so terrifying though! i nearly got trampled on because i'm pretty tiny, but overall i was fine...just roasting from the heat.

i've never waited for a show before, not like for a long time tbh. what's it actually like? 

4r9w86.jpg

She didn't have vip packages in europe and honestly, I don't think she'll ever have them. She's not that kind of artist.

A lot of  artists who tour North America do this. Based on the arena tour of Europe my guess is that she will do it in North America because it makes sense.  It's basically because music sharing has cut into revenues for artists. In all honesty I would prefer she not do it so anyone has the opportunity to pay the same price and get up close, but I wouldn't blame her one bit if she did. Remember the extra money you spend goes to support her and her art.

Let me tell you how disappointing it is to want to buy tickets for a concert and see that the show has sold out before you even got a chance to get tickets due to scalpers and ticket brokers paying people to get online and use bots to scoop up tickets. 

One nice thing about some VIP packages is that you have to show iD and you get a wristband which cuts down on the scalpers and brokers. The sad thing about the North America ticket market for more bigger acts and Lana is now at that level is that ticket brokers and scalpers cut in and the VIP packages do a little bit to discourage those leaches. 

So start saving up now! Work extra hours if you can and sell some stuff you don't want anymore. 

Yup it was. There some folks who got there hours earlier and never got up close. What I don't get is that there weren't as many people in front of me in line as there were people in front of the stage when I got in.

Seriously there were more people in front of the stage than there was when I got I got in line. I am not complaining since I was close on the floor and it's a small venue, but something happened. LOL.

oh god, that must be so terrifying though! i nearly got trampled on because i'm pretty tiny, but overall i was fine...just roasting from the heat.

i've never waited for a show before, not like for a long time tbh. what's it actually like? 

Long lol we waited almost 8.5 hours to be the in the second standing row. It was worth it because even though we lost our spots, we were still close to the stage, rather than if we cam late, we'd be all the way in the back of the building. So next time I'm bringing food, water, and plenty of games, 'cause it was one incredibly long day.

Yup it was. There some folks who got there hours earlier and never got up close. What I don't get is that there weren't as many people in front of me in line as there were people in front of the stage when I got in.

Seriously there were more people in front of the stage than there was when I got I got in line. I am not complaining since I was close on the floor and it's a small venue, but something happened. LOL.

Yea, I have no idea what happened. The House of Blues and everyone in the earlier lines were trying to be so organized and it blew up in everyone's faces lol if I ever see Lana again, I honestly hope it's in a bigger venue, like a convention center or something similar. It was definitely...an experience...

It depends. I know there were people who waited 8 to 9 hours at lolla to get up front. I don't know how they managed food and water and going to the bathroom and spending a few hours in the hot sun. For a good four hours I estimate you were in the sun. I imagine if you went with a group of friends they could hold your spot up until about 2-3 hours before the show. 

I saw some bitchy behavior among some fans at the end of the HoB show. I did notice some tempers got flared but not much at lolla considering how crowded and hot and it was. Like I said I thought some people were in danger of getting hurt. 

It depends. I know there were people who waited 8 to 9 hours at lolla to get up front. I don't know how they managed food and water and going to the bathroom and spending a few hours in the hot sun. For a good four hours I estimate you were in the sun. I imagine if you went with a group of friends they could hold your spot up until about 2-3 hours before the show. 

I saw some bitchy behavior among some fans at the end of the HoB show. I did notice some tempers got flared but not much at lolla considering how crowded and hot and it was. Like I said I thought some people were in danger of getting hurt. 

I really didn't appreciate how some of the fans acted at the House of Blues. When I was waiting in line, I really only met 8 really friendly people. One girl came up to four of us, completely randomly, and said "if any of you try to run past me to the front, I will have no problem punching you in the face!" I understand that if you were waiting for a long time, it wouldn't be fair if you didn't get the spot you expected to, but once everyone gets released into the venue, it's a free-for-all.

Long lol we waited almost 8.5 hours to be the in the second standing row. It was worth it because even though we lost our spots, we were still close to the stage, rather than if we cam late, we'd be all the way in the back of the building. So next time I'm bringing food, water, and plenty of games, 'cause it was one incredibly long day.

christ! it's just something i've never bothered with. i always get standing tickets for shows and try and push my way to the front. it's been fool proof so far, but i have no idea what concerts are like in the states. i imagine the lana ones are more rowdy there since lana rarely plays in the US.

4r9w86.jpg

christ! it's just something i've never bothered with. i always get standing tickets for shows and try and push my way to the front. it's been fool proof so far, but i have no idea what concerts are like in the states. i imagine the lana ones are more rowdy there since lana rarely plays in the US.

That's exactly what happened. I mean, it was her first real show in the US in a long time, so people were ruthless. It was a pain in the ass.