lola

Taylor Swift

2 minutes ago, crazyforyou said:

1989 and speak now over the red vault? :eartha2:

1. red tv

2. speak now tv

3. 1989 tv

4. flopful tv

speak now and 1989 are close though because i love slut and suburban legends but the speak now songs are better as a whole

I just don’t really like red anymore as a whole (expect state of grace and the singles… most of them at least.) personal reasons. I bet you think about me slays tho.

1 hour ago, champainproblms said:

i think debut is going to be great, i'm taking fearless as an example since it is the most similar to debut in sound and (imo) the best re-recording. also taylor didn't really know how to sing on half of the songs on debut so i'm super excited to hear those songs with her older voice. since she announced the re-recordings this was the album i was most excited to hear and she decided to release it last :crai:

I think the only thing I'm scared of for debut (except the country accent) is that it won't hold the childish feeling in debut, because now her voice is so much more mature and lower, and I just feel like the songs won't have the same feeling. I think she's gotten better at singing sad songs (teardrops will sound good in her older voice for sure), but the more naive stuff in debut sound cuter in little taylor's whiny voice ❤️still excited though I've never been a huge fan of debut except for shouldve said no, tim mcgraw and picture to burn and the rerecordings will probably help me appreciate debut more

7 minutes ago, DemonMic2003 said:

I just don’t really like red anymore as a whole (expect state of grace and the singles… most of them at least.) personal reasons. I bet you think about me slays tho.

personally I used to hate red, I thought it was overrated, a disappointement sandwiched between the glorious speak now and 1989 I even put it under debut 🤦and I didn't get the hype for all too well 🤦🤦🤦

I guess the rerecordings changed red for me lol I fell in love with babe, the very first night and come back be here. Doesn't beat speak now tv though actually like emotionally attached to half of speak now

15 minutes ago, ttulsa said:

personally I used to hate red, I thought it was overrated, a disappointement sandwiched between the glorious speak now and 1989 I even put it under debut 🤦and I didn't get the hype for all too well 🤦🤦🤦

I guess the rerecordings changed red for me lol I fell in love with babe, the very first night and come back be here. Doesn't beat speak now tv though actually like emotionally attached to half of speak now

it has the last lime and treacherous on it though :lange:

pskiQfS.jpeg

Your wife waters flowers, I wanna kill her 

The only songs I listen to from Red still…

01. State Of Grace (The Original Version) All Tho, The Taylor's Version Is Growing On Me

02. Red

03. I Knew You Were Trouble.

04. 22

05. We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together

06. The Last Time (feat. Gary Lightbody)

07. Come Back… Be Here

08. I Bet You Think About Me (feat. Chris Stapleton)

09. Message In A Bottle

10. The Very First Night

1 minute ago, crazyforyou said:

Oh I still listen to the last time. Underrated single.

1 minute ago, crazyforyou said:

ikr I like treacherous. I was in my pick me girl era for sure 💀

Just now, DemonMic2003 said:

01. State Of Grace (The Original Version) All Tho, The Taylor's Version Is Growing On Me

02. Red

04. 22

07. Come Back… Be Here

09. Message In A Bottle

10. The Very First Night

Oh I still listen to the last time. Underrated single

treacherous, all too well, the moment i knew, come back be here, nothing new, babe, better man, holy ground….?

pskiQfS.jpeg

3 minutes ago, crazyforyou said:

treacherous, all too well, the moment i knew, come back be here, nothing new, babe, better man, holy ground….?

All beautiful songs, just personal reasons ruined them for me so I don’t listen to them. Also the tv ruined holy ground for me as well And girl at home but y'all ain’t ready for that.

Edit- also I still listen to come back be here.

4 minutes ago, DemonMic2003 said:

02. Red

04. 22

07. Come Back… Be Here

09. Message In A Bottle

10. The Very First Night

Oh I still listen to the last time. Underrated single.

i always forget about red, that song was one of my first favourite taylor songs

1 minute ago, DemonMic2003 said:

And girl at home but y'all ain’t ready for that.

oh i will let you cook this is so true

pskiQfS.jpeg

red is on my top 3, but i never listen to the more pop leaning songs in it. it would be perfect as a country album. when i listen to red my tracklist excludes: trouble, 22, wanegbt and stay stay stay

3 minutes ago, champainproblms said:

red is on my top 3, but i never listen to the more pop leaning songs in it. it would be perfect as a country album. when i listen to red my tracklist excludes: trouble, 22, wanegbt and stay stay stay

stay stay stay is so cute. I love it, it kind of sounds like the background music for a christmas sale ad in the best way possible ❤️

I listen to it when I feel so down

7 minutes ago, champainproblms said:

What do you put in place of trouble?

3 minutes ago, DemonMic2003 said:

What do you put in place of trouble?

this obviously

best version of iknew you were trouble

Okay, I’ve ranked all the tracks now from ttpd…

1. So Long, London

2. The Smallest Man Who Ever Lived

3. But Daddy I Love Him

4. Guilty As Sin

5. The Prophecy 

6. Down Bad

7. Fresh Out The Slammer

8. Who's Afraid Of Little Old Me?

9. Fortnight

10. My Only Breaks His Favourite Toys

11. Florida!!!

12. The Tortured Poets Department

13. The Alchemy

14. I Can Do It With A Broken Heart

15. Clara Bow

16. I Can Fix Him (No Really I Can)

17. Loml

18. The Rest Of The Anthology

ok unpopular opinion on some of these but here is who i think each song is about. i used to not think any were anout tk but jack kinda confirmed that multiple songs were recorded over the summer. this is a lot of lore so i put in the spoilers

Joe:

Spoiler

- Fortnight 

Everyone seems to collectively think it’s about Matty, because they didn’t date for a long time, but I think it’s about Joe. I think the fortnight just means that their relationship felt short and had a “bland goodbye” (more on that later). She also says, “what about your quiet treason” and as we know, Joe was always really quiet about the relationship, unlike Matty and her who were going out very publicly. My mind could still be changed about this one.

- TTPD

This is the biggest split opinion, because Lucy is one of Matty’s band members and he also has tattoos and smokes. But Joe does have tattoos, I would be surprised if he didn’t smoke, and he looks more like a “golden retriever” than Matty with his blonde hair. Also let’s point out the most obvious lyric, “who’s gonna know you if not me? nobody”. No one would know who Joe Alwyn was if it weren’t for Taylor. Although I could argue that this song is about both Joe and Matty, but if I had to choose one, I’d say Joe.

- Down Bad 

We can’t forget about her crying while singing Cornelia Street in Mexico. Also “like I lost my twin”, everyone says they look alike. 

- So Long, London

There’s nothing to explain here

- loml

I really can’t see this being about Ratty. Joe is a bit of a “low down guy” since he can only afford paper rings, not a diamond one, he had to work at the yogurt shop for extra money, etc. Also in invisible string (written about Joe), she says, “Hell was the journey but it brought me Heaven”, and now in loml she sings “your impressionest paintings of Heaven turned out to be fakes”. I also think the Mr. Steal Your Girl line fits him because Taylor went from Calvin to Tom to Joe pretty quick in 2015-2016. They also almost moved in together before breaking up, so they did “almost had it all”. It is a bland goodbye for how much she wrote about him and praised him.  

- The Black Dog 

Bars were referenced in a lot of songs on Rep (so it goes, gorgeous, delicate) that were about Joe. “and all of those best laid plans” is surely a reference to Mastermind too. 

- Chloe or Sam or Sophia or Marcus

I had a hard time choosing for this, but I’m leaning towards Joe, because I think him saying “I loved you the way that you were” would really hurt her because the peak of their relationship was before Taylor got confident enough to go out more and before she went on tour. This would be a really big diss because I think she was miserable being trapped, especially during the scandal in 2016. And since she’s talked so much about marriage and kids over the last few albums, it makes the most sense for “will I always wonder?”

- How Did It End?

The lyrics aren’t super clear on this but her and Joe breaking up was a bit of a shock. In The Black Dog, she says “I just don’t understand” and she doesn’t know in this song either how they ended like that. 

Matty:

Spoiler

- My Boy Breaks His Favorite Toys 

This was a hard one because I feel like Joe fits the Ken line more and “he was my best friend” but I think it is Matty. It seems like “I should’ve known it was a matter of time” doesn’t fit Joe. It feels like she’s made it clear that she knew YEARS before they broke up that their relationship was going downhill. Also when they first got together, Matty loved being seen with her and going to the eras shows, only for their relationship to end and he’s seen talking shit about her in public. 

- But Daddy I I Love Him

There’s no one we hated more than Matty for Taylor. Everyone would’ve also freaked the fuck out if she anounced she was pregnant with his baby. He’s a nasty man (eating raw meat and being racist about ice spice) so of course people told taylor to come to her senses. More about this song in the Travis part 

- Fresh Out The Slammer

I think this is clearly about finally getting out of the relationship with Joe and going to Matty. In January 2023, Joe and Taylor were still officially together, but Taylor also was a guest at the 1975 concert, so there was probably something there before her and Joe broke up, which aligns with the lyric, “all those nights you kept me going”

- Guilty as Sin?

I hate saying this because it’s my favorite song but this is for sure about Matty. She calls the guy “a paradox” and I’m sure most people would agree is Matty. Also as I said before, I think there was something there before her and Joe split, which is something you would feel guilty for. “We’ve already done it in my head” and “building up like waves”

- I Can Fix Him (No Really I Can)

Who else could this be about? Who else did we say god help her about? Who tells revolting jokes at his own concerts? And she probably added the lasy line, “woah, maybe i cant” when he ate raw meat on stage… wtf 

- The Smallest Man Who Ever Lived

He absoloutley rusted her sparkling summer. Matty could have helped Taylor get through the breakup and go on tour with her but instead ghosted her, talked shit about her, etc. He also showed her off in public, I’m sure he did get stoned too. 

- imgonnagetyouback

I don’t really know who this is about, but if I had to choose one out of the 3 it’s most likely Matty. It could be fiction though

Travis:

Spoiler

- But Daddy I Love Him (last verse and chorus)

The more I listen, the more I think the last part of the song is about Travis. I think the “wine moms” are similar to how she was saying brads and chads hated her at his football games. I also think her dad and Travis get along since they’ve sat together and chatted at the eras tour. 

- The Alchemy

I didn’t think it was about him before because Taylor said it was finished in May 2023, but who else would Taylor write cringey football lyrics about? So sweet :wub:

- So High School

She highlighted T and K in the lyric video for this song, so either it is about him or Taylor just really wants us to think it is. But their relationship does feel very high school sometimes, especially at the superbowl. And he does know how to ball so 

Other:

Spoiler

- Florida!!!

Not really about a relationship, mostly leaving them behind

- Who’s Afraid Of Little Old Me?

Clearly written about herself, I could see some lyrics being related to Matty though.

- I Can Do It With A Broken Heart

Written about her being depressed af during the tour

- Clara Bow

The Lucky One / YOYOK 2.0 and then being aware that one day she’ll pass her legacy onto someone younger. People are saying the last verse is about Olivia Rodrigo but I don’t think it was intended to be about on specific person. 

- The Albatross

Probably about how she’s considered “crazy” in relationships, but tbh this is very hunger games coded I could see it being about Katniss LMAO 

- I Hate It Here 

Written about me :party:

- thanK you aIMee

Kim Kardashian and Taylor’s biggest fan, North West :blush3:

- I Look in People’s Windows 

I don’t know this song has stalker energy though

- The Prophecy

Similar to Foolish One in the sense where she always feels let down after ending a relationship

- Cassandra

mad woman pt 2 and literally the exact same meaning and everything tbh

- Peter

I can’t figure this out. The only thing I’ve thought is her highschool boyfriend Drew? Not the one she wrote TOMG about, but Our Song and Tim McGraw. I think he has a family now, which fits “life was always easier on you than it was on me” and I’m pretty sure Midnight Rain was about him too. But the lyric about “you were 25” makes me wonder if it’s someone later so I’m not sure about this one

- The Bolter 

no idea

- Robin

I think this is about Aaron’s son?

- The Manuscript

This has Jake written all over it. They HAVE to be comparing their licenses because it’s like their IDs so they’re like comparing their ages. And she dated John and Jake back to back, and then she dated Harry, her own age, and the Kennedy kid who was like 4 years younger than her so, “then she dated boys who were her own age”. I think her saying the story isn’t hers anymore is how she sees other younger celebrities (like Olivia Rodrigo and Zack Bia; Billie and Jesse Rutherford) getting into age gap relationships. The manuscript itself is literally Red, her best album and Maroon, one of her best songs, also about Jake G :defeated:

pskiQfS.jpeg

I want to bully Taylor into releasing the anthology a separate release with a different cover that just says the anthology as the title /j

no but Taylor plz do this