Sign in to follow this  
fessle

Lanapalooza Experience

I wanted to start by saying I am so lucky to have been able to see Lana Del Rey two days in a row. Although my expectations were way too high and I was unable to meet her, I am still happy that I got to see her live and solidify my love for Lana. I think it's really important to see an artist that you listen to almost every day live, just so that things come a full circle. I don't know if that will make sense to anyone but I'm just trying to say it just solidified my love for Lana, to see her live. I also realized after the shows that when I paid for my ticket, I had to know that this was just for the show. Not for meeting Lana or guaranteeing front row, those were all just my expectations (and dreams haha).

House of Blues - August 1, 2013

I arrived at the venue about 11:30 AM and much to my surprise, I was #26 in line. I honestly did not expect so many people to already be there, and did not think that especially since House of Blues requires you to pay $20 if you want to skip the line and wait in the priority line. Now I know! This kind of showed me just how big of an artist Lana is compared to the other people I have seen in the past, where getting to the venue at noon guaranteed me front and center. People had been waiting here since 5 AM which I couldn't believe. Then again, people on this forum have gone to shows even earlier.

So I was #26, the venue is pretty small (1300 people), and the barricade isn't that wide. I knew that I wouldn't be getting barricade. Well anyways, it still hadn't set in that I'd be seeing Lana in the matter of hours. I had waited for this day for so long and it finally happened. Lana got to the venue for soundcheck and played a few songs which we could all hear downstairs in the line, Cola, Body Electric, and one more song. It turns out she left after soundcheck but about 7-10 people had met her because they went underground to the loading/unloading station, where Lana was also picked up. So, couldn't meet her before the show, which was my fault. Now I know about that underground entrance though! Doors opened at 8, and I ended up in 2nd row center, because when we got to the main floor, as expected, the barricade was already filled, and my heart kinda sank. It wasn't meant to be. Now, I focused on just enjoying the show and letting Lana do her thing and blow us away. The opening act played for literally 25 minutes, I also felt bad because the crowd was very mean to them. Oh well. Lana came on much later, way after the band left because she was late to the venue. The intro for Cola began and the crowd went wild. I must say, people LOVE Lana here. People knew the words to every song. It was beautiful. After experiencing this concert, I finally started to love the song Cola and it won't leave my head. Lana was flawless. She looked beautiful, she sang perfectly and she put on an amazing show. It was the most beautiful performance I have ever seen. My favorite songs of the night definitely had to be Cola, Born to Die, American, and Video Games. She nailed it. It was an amazing, amazing concert.

I was unable to get a picture with Lana during National Anthem, but I did get my bag with my portrait and letter and rose onto the stage and she acknowledged me, as well as the poster I made, anddd I did get my friend her picture signed by Lana. The crowd was psychotic during NA, people were shoving and I was suffocating. It was crraaaazzzyyyyy. Apparently she snuck out after the show 3 blocks away (??) and no one met her after the show (except a guy who had backstage I think). So I couldn't meet her at all that day, which sucked since I waited for 8 hours before the show, but sometimes it just doesn't work out.

SET LIST:

Cola

Body Electric

Blue Jeans

Born to Die

Carmen

Young & Beautiful

Million Dollar Man * seen below

American

Ride

Summertime Sadness

Video Games

National Anthem

PICTURES/VIDEO I TOOK:

Heree...

2m4pys1.jpg

14o145i.jpg

33jhiu0.jpg

343q5ap.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIVSQxifHDI 

(I took this vid, my brother wanted to upload it though)

Lollapalooza - August 2, 2013

This was my first time ever going to Lollapalooza even though I live in Chicago. I had no clue what to expect. So, I went and saw Jessie Ware, because I missed Icona Pop, and I know Imagine Dragons was going to be way too crazy so I skipped them. My friend told me that her uncle would have been able to get us backstage for Lana Del Rey, but unfortunately as it would turn out, last minute he said oh no I can't. It sucked haha. Because of that, I missed out on barricade for Lana (I did have it until my friend told me to come with her to meet Lana). It just sucked yknow? But it's over and I'm over it.

I ended up getting second row during Lana's set, and there were literally thousands and thousands of people watching her perform. It was an unreal experience. Her set list was more or less the same, of course shortened, and she looked so beautiful, even more beautiful this day than the day before.

SETLIST:

Cola

Body Electric

Blue Jeans

Born to Die

Carmen

Young & Beautiful

Ride

Summertime Sadness

Video Games

National Anthem

PHOTO (not mine):

130803-Lana-Del-Rey-Lollapalooza07.jpg

BVT4uKe.jpg   
8/1/13 . 8/2/13 . 5/16/14 . 10/4/14 . 10/11/14 . 5/30/15 . 7/28/16 . 5/20/17 . 1/11/18 . 2/11/18

Awesome. I was at both shows also I wasn't able to get as close as you. I saw Icona Pop and they were pretty good. I think though that Lana started on time at House of Blues. I am pretty sure she started at 10 which was the announced time. I got in line at HoB at 7:00pm. I got into Chicago at about 3:30 and had a beer and ate before I went and I got a little lost in the Loop.

Good pictures and thanks for sharing.

I am wondering who else on this board saw Lana both times.

Awesome. I was at both shows also I wasn't able to get as close as you. I saw Icona Pop and they were pretty good. I think though that Lana started on time at House of Blues. I am pretty sure she started at 10 which was the announced time. I got in line at HoB at 7:00pm. I got into Chicago at about 3:30 and had a beer and ate before I went and I got a little lost in the Loop.

Good pictures and thanks for sharing.

I am wondering who else on this board saw Lana both times.

And you traveled so far! Wish you could have met her.

Oh I just heard she was supposed to start earlier or something or she got late to the venue. I guess I heard wrong!

How big was the line at 7 pm!! 

BVT4uKe.jpg   
8/1/13 . 8/2/13 . 5/16/14 . 10/4/14 . 10/11/14 . 5/30/15 . 7/28/16 . 5/20/17 . 1/11/18 . 2/11/18

And you traveled so far! Wish you could have met her.

Oh I just heard she was supposed to start earlier or something or she got late to the venue. I guess I heard wrong!

How big was the line at 7 pm!! 

The line at 7 was on the sidewalk on N. Dearborn. I know that where I was standing I was right under the HoB sign. There were more people behind us. The line almost went to the River on Dearborn. 

I am hoping she does a US tour and stops in the Twin Cities or Milwaukee or Chicago or Detroit. I live in the twin cities so I am hoping to meet her then.  I hope to work any connections that I may have at the venue she plays at to meet her. I think the best way to meet her would be when she leaves and enters the venue or at the airport or outside the hotel.  Or I can get there early and hope I get in the front row.

Now it can get really cold in Minnesota so if she has a winter tour date waiting outside could be tough. LOL.

Shame she slinked away, but yes that live experience my American brethren :legend: Hope you could at least hear her. I wonder if this or any of the European shows were crazier.

The line at 7 was on the sidewalk on N. Dearborn. I know that where I was standing I was right under the HoB sign. There were more people behind us. The line almost went to the River on Dearborn. 

I am hoping she does a US tour and stops in the Twin Cities or Milwaukee or Chicago or Detroit. I live in the twin cities so I am hoping to meet her then.  I hope to work any connections that I may have at the venue she plays at to meet her. I think the best way to meet her would be when she leaves and enters the venue or at the airport or outside the hotel.  Or I can get there early and hope I get in the front row.

Now it can get really cold in Minnesota so if she has a winter tour date waiting outside could be tough. LOL.

I feel like if she has the full on US tour like she did for Europe, it'd include all the major cities + scattered big cities. I also imagine they'd be pretty large venues with lots of people so idk how it would work out haha. I think early 2014. Spring would be best. 

Shame she slinked away, but yes that live experience my American brethren :legend: Hope you could at least hear her. I wonder if this or any of the European shows were crazier.

Thank you!! For Lolla, I ended up in 2nd row far right so sound was perfect, and I was able to see her the whole time too.

I think European shows were crazier. Lolla wasn't even half as crazy as House of Blues though.

BVT4uKe.jpg