Sign in to follow this  
Mileena

Mortal Kombat

(I know we have a gaming topic, but MK isn't just games...it's got everything you know.)

Who else is a fan of this iconic game? I'm looking forward to MK Legacy II coming out very soon, and I believe it has been confirmed that they're currently making MK 10 which will be brilliant.

Honestly, MK 9 blew me away. I have never played such a beautifully crafted game, everything about it is flawless. And it is so disgustingly gory  :flutter:

4r9w86.jpg

I used to play the first 3 Mortal Kombat games in the early 90's.

The graphics didn't have the same quality as now but is was also a game people talked about. It was very popular at my school.

I liked the game but the finishing moves were sometimes difficult to realize because of the complex key combinations and there was a limited time to finish.

Never played the game after MK 3 so I can imagine it has changed completely.

From what I've seen in your signatures the past weeks, it became a quite frightening game :)

I used to play the first 3 Mortal Kombat games in the early 90's.

The graphics didn't have the same quality as now but is was also a game people talked about. It was very popular at my school.

I liked the game but the finishing moves were sometimes difficult to realize because of the complex key combinations and there was a limited time to finish.

Never played the game after MK 3 so I can imagine it has changed completely.

From what I've seen in your signatures the past weeks, it became a quite frightening game :)

I only started playing it when Deadly Alliance came out roughly so I can't make a comment about MK 1, 2, 3, etc. 

Fatalities these days are really easy to execute actually, they even have a fatality tutorial mode. There's still a time limit but it's definitely easier. They also have these X-Ray moves which show your opponent's bones cracking and stuff which is very cool to pull off online. 

MK 9 was made with the intention of being the bloodiest, goriest and foulest MK game ever and it definitely is. If you've got a weak stomach, it's probably one to avoid lol. There's some great modes though, like Test Your Luck and the Challenge Tower. I love the challenge with teddy bears lol. 

In fact, I believe it got banned in Australia because it's rated M/18. 

4r9w86.jpg

tumblr_lki0glT5kk1qavulvo1_500.gif

Did I guess right? :fabcat:

Tbhthatmightbeoneofthem but You didn't guess where or what I'd use to high-five them. tumblr_m42qy1zOm41r58lid.gif

Here's to hoping any female that is not Mileena won't need masks to appear attractive. Those jawlines kill me.

Lana4MKOSTANDCAMEOAPPEARANCETBH

Tbhthatmightbeoneofthem but You didn't guess where or what I'd use to high-five them. tumblr_m42qy1zOm41r58lid.gif

Here's to hoping any female that is not Mileena won't need masks to appear attractive. Those jawlines kill me.

Lana4MKOSTANDCAMEOAPPEARANCETBH

Mileena can finish me any day, mask or not  :usrs:

Sindel is pretty damn smoking too, what a milf  :defeated:

4r9w86.jpg

I only started playing it when Deadly Alliance came out roughly so I can't make a comment about MK 1, 2, 3, etc. 

Fatalities these days are really easy to execute actually, they even have a fatality tutorial mode. There's still a time limit but it's definitely easier. They also have these X-Ray moves which show your opponent's bones cracking and stuff which is very cool to pull off online. 

MK 9 was made with the intention of being the bloodiest, goriest and foulest MK game ever and it definitely is. If you've got a weak stomach, it's probably one to avoid lol. There's some great modes though, like Test Your Luck and the Challenge Tower. I love the challenge with teddy bears lol. 

In fact, I believe it got banned in Australia because it's rated M/18. 

The first MK-games are even not comparable with how the game is today. Believe me the graphics were not what we are used to have now.

It's good that they simplified the completion of the fatalities because I found that a negative point on the first games.

It was the best to choose 1 character and learn all the key combinations of it. My favorite in that time was Scorpion.

The Challenge Tower existed also in the old games. The last opponent was some big guy with 6 or 8 arms.

I don't think there were teddy bears in the old games :)

The first MK-games are even not comparable with how the game is today. Believe me the graphics were not what we are used to have now.

It's good that they simplified the completion of the fatalities because I found that a negative point on the first games.

It was the best to choose 1 character and learn all the key combinations of it. My favorite in that time was Scorpion.

The Challenge Tower existed also in the old games. The last opponent was some big guy with 6 or 8 arms.

I don't think there were teddy bears in the old games :)

Funnily enough while using my N64 emulator today, I downloaded MK Trilogy. It's a really good game actually, the AI is awful though. 

I really like watching gameplay videos of the older games, it's interesting to see how it has completely evolved over 20 something years. But seriously, the looks of all the characters was just awful. I can't handle Mileena's greasy bun and Sonya's smelly baseball cap :(

I do that with every game actually, I find having 1 or 2 mains always works best. For MK 9 I find Mileena and Sindel perfect, especially as a tag team.

Ah yes, I think on MK Trilogy they have a challenge tower. The one on MK 9 has 300 challenges. 

Goro/Kintaro is still on MK 9 with his humongous arms, you can't play as him though, instead you get Sheeva.

4r9w86.jpg

I remember the original and the movie! - As a kid, I loved the movie lol but my heart will belong to the original game...I've played a few new games ( cannot remember )

Kinda wish i had a SNES atm :creep:

Live Forever Golden Grill.

I remember the original and the movie! - As a kid, I loved the movie lol but my heart will belong to the original game...I've played a few new games ( cannot remember )

Kinda wish i had a SNES atm :creep:

Get an emulator and then try and look for a usb enabled SNES controller. Did that with the N64, best decision ever. 

4r9w86.jpg

Get an emulator and then try and look for a usb enabled SNES controller. Did that with the N64, best decision ever. 

I love emulators but its the nostalgia of actually owning everything..stuff like that cant be replaced lol :D

Live Forever Golden Grill.