lflflflflflflflflflf

Ultraviolence - Pre-Release Thread

britfacials6.gif

britfacials6.gif

If I, Moi know nothing then what about a certain poster here? They need jesus.

lol

To say it quickly. Nobody currs if lana recorded it in 3 sessions or 10 sessions. We care about the final result. 

The question is why you are still keeping this arrogant attitude.

You guys continue surprise me everyday.  :toofunny:

" Record an entire new album with Dan " :lmao:

Gurl.... 

ANyway, I don't think we're on the same page anymore.

"Record in a day"

Record what? fart sounds? :lmao:

LORD, I need air.  :lmao:

I can't even comprehend your post! :defeated:

Do people here understand what recording an album means? tho :deadbanana:

I need a break and stop coming here for a while again because I can't take it. :toofunny:

Exactly, recording an album is a process. It doesn't mean record a voice for me for most people anyway.

Look at me I'm recording my voice using "my iphone"...i just made my very own album.  :facepalm:

k bye.

It's not rocket science. And You don't have to be actual recording artist to know these things?

Oops I said "RECORDING artist" what does that mean now? Trivia, QUIZ??? :creep:

Some posters post the most bizarre things and even after proven wrong they still refuse and think they are right.  :toofunny:

I always assume people know these things, apparently NOT  :toofunny:

britfacials6.gif

Just examples of how rude you're being for absolutely no reason just incase you forgot x :)

So let's tone it down

(okay im done now bye)

Spilling tea like "O-M-G!! Dan Auerbach is the only producer" "They scrape Theeee ALLLbum" *says in MeanGirls/Regina's voice*

britfacials6.gif

And Moi try to give an explaination that it's not possible

They still be like:

"Nuh Ah, recording an album can take a few days"

:lmao:

I had fun guys. I mean no harm. :creep:

I agree with you Brite Lites and Ultra-Violence. 

First of all people need to understand that Lana's new album is a big project for Universal. A short recording session to finish an album is delusional. Lana was on the lists for most commercially successful albums in 2012 AND 2013 and the record is still selling. They will have a very careful eye on what is going on and how much time and effort she and the producers have put in. Since this is one of the biggest releases for the Universal Music Group this year, people need to get rid of the idea that Lana del Rey is just an iconic head flower wearing hipstar and free-spirit who is doing whatever she wants to do. She has to deliver and if the she doesn't, it will be not only a desaster for  her but also for the label.

This is a multi-million dollar project and Lana is well aware of that. I think she is way more a sassy businesswoman that she wants people to know.

I can understand that somebody reacts kind of agressive to some posts. I mean, it reaches the point that some people ask what Interscope and Universal have to do with each other.  :facepalm:  I mean, Google can help.  :hooker:

Maybe she just wanted to tell people with that post that she can finally confirm that Dan Auerbach is involved with making the album. Maybe she will reveal more people who were involved in making the record via Instagramm or Twitter in the following days.

The best case would still be that Universal finally sets an official release date. I am still hoping that this record will come out in May.

I agree with leaked_version, this was just a way to announce that Dan Auerbach is involved.  Lana is probably not aware that the tabloids spotted her leaving his studio and/or just tweeting that a famous name is involved builds hype.

I keep saying how this whole record is huge for Universal/Interscope and Lana is bound to be tied down by label bigwigs on a lot of things.  Especially after hearing that Paradise wasn't supposed to be an EP, I think they are handling this release very carefully and trying to calculate every way it can be a commercial success right out of the gate.  But I get poo-poo'ed for saying that because Lana is creative free spirit.  :oic2:

u6pq4c9.gif

So because Lana is on a major label and is commercially successful she's not allowed to do what she wants and they have all the say? They didn't promote Paradise or Tropico so I don't think they're that focused on her selling as much as possible. She said that she loves the album and she's been said to be very stubborn so I doubt she would release something that's just made to sell well. And a few users here really are way too condescending with their "Oh kids, I know the industry, don't be so naive" talk. Afaik none of you have released a record on a major label so I don't know how you feel like you know so much about it.

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

" Record an entire new album with Dan " :lmao:

Gurl.... 

Recording an album take many sessions, you can't just record it in a few weeks.

There have been quite a lot of albums recorded in a day or two, Bob Dylan, Led Zeppelin, Beatles, The Velvet Underground, The Fall, Black Sabbath actually there have been loads but these are band albums so it's different they know what their sound is and they jam out songs. Like you say with Lana the song has to be written by someone first, then edited + additional content from other writers/producers/musicians. I think dan 'the wife beater' just did the final master mix, which gives the album its overall sound, so who knows what it's going to be like, his production is very different to the black keys sound.

If I went to jail, at least I wouldn't have to sign autographs

So because Lana is on a major label and is commercially successful she's not allowed to do what she wants and they have all the say? They didn't promote Paradise or Tropico so I don't think they're that focused on her selling as much as possible. She said that she loves the album and she's been said to be very stubborn so I doubt she would release something that's just made to sell well. And a few users here really are way too condescending with their "Oh kids, I know the industry, don't be so naive" talk. Afaik none of you have released a record on a major label so I don't know how you feel like you know so much about it.

I think it is a weird industry and the problem for Lana is she can't make her own sounds, she has to rely on a lot of other people, so I don't think she does have that much control I'm sure she has input but at the end of the day if you don't make the label enough money to cover the out goings you're gonna get dropped and she's not in a position to argue about it. I got that impression when she spoke about the ss remix like she doesn't have the control she likes to make out.

I just assumed that Dan Auberbach was like... the supervising or main producer? Like that he kind of directed the production and made sure that it had a uniformed and consistent sound so the album isn't a collection of 12 songs that don't belong together (like how you wouldn't put There's Nothing To Be Sorry About together with Go Go Dancer because it would give the album an unbalanced finish). Sort of like the role I assumed Haynie had on Born To Die to make it sound like one cohesive piece of work rather than 12 pieces combined. I mean idk I'm really just talking out of my ass right now  :madge:

You guys continue surprise me everyday.  :toofunny:

ONE SINGLE song can be produced by multiple producers by adding additional instruments or layers.

Dan could give Lana an uptempo edge by adding guitars while Emile is doing the beat and Dan heath the orchestra, etc

He might be the main producer of the album but that doesn't mean anything.

u sound like a brat

*** People call me crazy but I'm in demand ***

Lana wants to sell, make no mistake about it. She loves getting awards etc. So she needs to follow Interscope's wishes. They have allowed her some artistic freedom. Remember how Artpop was delayed several times and that Gaga now will be leaving them. I think they are very shrewd. They know the market.

There have been quite a lot of albums recorded in a day or two, Bob Dylan, Led Zeppelin, Beatles, The Velvet Underground, The Fall, Black Sabbath actually there have been loads but these are band albums so it's different they know what their sound is and they jam out songs. Like you say with Lana the song has to be written by someone first, then edited + additional content from other writers/producers/musicians. I think dan 'the wife beater' just did the final master mix, which gives the album its overall sound, so who knows what it's going to be like, his production is very different to the black keys sound.

Albums back then were recorded much differently.  Bands went into the studio, had a few sessions with session players, did their piece and left.  Then you had the likes of Phil Spektor, etc. do all the production themselves.  Bands are getting away from that because there are a few big names and they often phone it in or can be really difficult, so bands eventually end up learning production themselves.   You didn't have ProTools, Logic, Cubase, etc. to deal with -- you did a few takes and even if it wasn't perfect, it stuck because the label was paying for your time.  Now everything is meticulously quantized, the slightest mistake is autotuned, etc.  Producers can do it all on a computer, email between people mixes and ideas, etc.  Sure some (probably like Dan) are more purists, but I know for a fact that some of the producers she's worked with before are very up-to-date with the tech.  A single producer is more common in rock music, not in pop music.  Lana doesn't play any instruments besides singing and she does have co-songwriters many times that seem to happen in the studio.  So it does appear she does write in the studio sometimes, some artists don't.  Dan doesn't do mastering, that's a highly specialized area, and I'm sure it's just sent off to a masterer (there are a few big names that do tons of albums across all genres).  Jon Davis will probably do it since he did both BTD and Paradise.  It's not uncommon for an artist just to stick with one masterer.  It's not like mastering matters much to most people anyway, but it is indeed important.

u6pq4c9.gif

Rumored tracks listen on Wikipedia Angels Forever Black Beauty Lucky Struggle Old Money Only Fools Run In Smoke & Mirrors Well they sound already cool

Is that all one song?

No, it's because Lana just became commercially successful and they want to keep that momentum up.  BTD came out in early '12 and while we like to boast it's still selling, it's selling late.  She had initial success with Blue Jeans and Video Games then there was backlash, she looked dead in the waters for the US market until the remixes came out.  She was then marketed abroad mostly where there wasn't that backlash.  Now she's more successful due to the remix and Y&B.  Popular opinion outside of the LB universe has started to accept her.  She's not on the level of Gaga or Katy Perry or Beyonce, etc but Universal wants her to be.  They see promise in her and they have to compete with the other majors and their star players.  She's allowed to be creative and herself to a degree, but the label is going to axe things that they think won't sell, plain and simple.  It is a business and she is a product whether or not that is pleasant to hear.

u6pq4c9.gif

No, it's because Lana just became commercially successful and they want to keep that momentum up.  She had initial success with Blue Jeans and Video Games then there was backlash, she looked dead in the waters for the US market until the remixes came out.  She was then marketed abroad mostly where there wasn't that backlash.  Now she's more successful due to the remix and Y&B.  She's not on the level of Gaga or Katy Perry or Beyonce, etc but Universal wants her to be.  She's allowed to be creative and herself to a degree, but the label is going to axe things that they think won't sell, plain and simple.  It is a business and she is a product whether or not that is pleasant to hear.

In the United States, the album attained first-week sales of 77,000 copies, subsequently debuting at number two on the Billboard 200, behind Adele's 21,[105] and shipped over 500,000 units in the country by January 2013, getting Gold certification.[106] On the week ending August 31, 2013, though the album was over its 80th week on the chart, it re-entered the Top 20. As of September 2013, Born to Die has sold 1,000,000 copies in the United States, and has been certified platinum by the RIAA.[107]

I really hope they aren't relying on that SS remix to much because a remix isn't going to make her album sell unless the entire album sounds like the remix.

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

Albums back then were recorded much differently.  Bands went into the studio, had a few sessions with session players, did their piece and left.  Then you had the likes of Phil Spektor, etc. do all the production themselves.  Bands are getting away from that because there are a few big names and they often phone it in or can be really difficult, so bands eventually end up learning production themselves.   You didn't have ProTools, Logic, Cubase, etc. to deal with -- you did a few takes and even if it wasn't perfect, it stuck because the label was paying for your time.  Now everything is meticulously quantized, the slightest mistake is autotuned, etc.  Producers can do it all on a computer, email between people mixes and ideas, etc.  Sure some (probably like Dan) are more purists, but I know for a fact that some of the producers she's worked with before are very up-to-date with the tech.  A single producer is more common in rock music, not in pop music.  Lana doesn't play any instruments besides singing and she does have co-songwriters many times that seem to happen in the studio.  So it does appear she does write in the studio sometimes, some artists don't.  Dan doesn't do mastering, that's a highly specialized area, and I'm sure it's just sent off to a masterer (there are a few big names that do tons of albums across all genres).  Jon Davis will probably do it since he did both BTD and Paradise.  It's not uncommon for an artist just to stick with one masterer.  It's not like mastering matters much to most people anyway, but it is indeed important.

Yeah I thought I made it clear that the short time recording sessions were mainly relevant to bands. What you are saying is true, if you aren't a band looking for a raw sound but it is possible to record an album in a day if you want and many bands do which is what I was saying in reply to the someone I replied to. I think dan has been used as the overall producer given the photo and bad grammar comment and he will probably work with the master mixer if he doesn't mix himself although a lot of producers do as that is how it works now. I remember a lot of the feedback about Lana's albums commented on how there wasn't an overall sound, there wasn't a consistent feel to it and it didn't feel like an album which is why I think this album will be different.

If I remember rightly nevermind was originally produced by Butch Vig and Nirvana nor Butch Vig liked the way it was sounding so they brought in Andy Wallace to produce it. They all turned up to late for the master mix session and the mixer Howie Weinberg did it without them. 

I personally hate over produced albums but it seems to be the 'current trend' Although Lorde seems to be making quite an impression with her album which has one producer rather than 6+ producers working on every different song. Too many cooks and all that don't always make for a fucking amazing album nor do pro tools and logic but that's just personal ;)

Are you in America? cause born to die and paradise was promoted to death in the UK an Europe the PR company went well over the top and it created a backlash for her, in the UK people don't fall for the whole PR push. The only paper that covers regular stories on her now are the Daily Mail and they work with any pr/story that's going, like it's not a great thing it's pretty tacky. I think she really needs to make Poly/universal back some money cause they have invested a lot of cash in her,  she's sold 4.2 million in two years last years sales were 1.4 million I think, so it's not great, I don't think they are going to take risks.

Marina is going to be dropped cause she just isn't making the sales even after the commercial electra push, according to her she's bankrupted her label   :usrs: