Dum Dum

'Ultraviolence' Album Cover Confirmed

Kanye had no album cover at all for Yeezus and it was his most experimental album yet. I have faith in Lana going more simplistic with this cover.

Yes but that was clever ...

This is just lana getting out of a car

:awk:

Similar vibe... maybe it means something, like a rupture from the 60s-inspired chanteuse image/style. I like  rocking Lana more.

Compare her shoulders in AKA and Ultraviolence!

IMG_20140716_101607.jpg

why was it 'clever'?

Well maybe not clever but interesting, it may not have much going on but it still pulls your focus, whereas that pic of lana GETTING OUT OF A FUCKING CAR feels like the sort of cover a casual shopper wouldn't notice amongst a sea of vibrant album covers.

Yes, yes, some of the themes of A Clockwork Orange on which this title is probably based on.

I'm getting the feeling this release isn't going to deal with physical violence so much as relational, social, psychological violence. In which case I think this cover is perfect for it. Maybe even down to removing her name.

IMG_20140716_101607.jpg

Well maybe not clever but interesting, it may not have much going on but it still pulls your focus, whereas that pic of lana GETTING OUT OF A FUCKING CAR feels like the sort of cover a casual shopper wouldn't notice amongst a sea of vibrant album covers.

i guess lana doesnt have to give a fuck about album covers and them looking snazzy. not like she needs the money lbr. she has legions of real fans who will buy her shit no matter what it looks like i mean tropico, west coast anyone?  :troll:  :hdu:

Sweeping scents and blue hydrangea. Summer hail and summer stranger.

2. I already explained my point. I just expected something amazing that would capture the eye and make people who don't know her wanna know what the record sounds like, It'll probably grow on me (or not) but honestly I just expected something else.

It's my opinion.

I'm not directing this specifically at you Youandme, cause I've seen this type of argument earlier in this thread and also in threads discussing her tracklist, promotion etc. But I wonder; why is the opinion of people who don't/hardly know about her so important to some of you? That's one of the least interesting things at this point if you ask me, and I don't think it's very important to Lana either. She has a large and loyal fanbase now and with that comes the freedom to, at least to a greater extent, pursue her own visions without worrying too much about how she'll be received by the general public. That's what makes this era so interesting to me, because she hasn't really had that kind of freedom before.

This cover probably just "struck her visually", and that was it. I don't think much more thought was put into it than that. And that's completely fine by me, I strongly prefer it that way than some "desperate call for attention"-cover. I respect the approach to just choose a beautiful cover and then let the music speak for itself.

That said, the cover definetely could have been better with a little more creative "out of the box"-thinking.

i guess lana doesnt have to give a fuck about album covers and them looking snazzy. not like she needs the money lbr. she has legions of real fans who will buy her shit no matter what it looks like i mean tropico, west coast anyone? :troll: :hdu:

Ok fine good point but it's just disappointing, I'm a hardcore fan and I just don't like it, which is a shame.

The AKA cover was gorgeous and simple, the BTD was glamorous without being over the top, Paradise was not that great for many reasons. Ultra seems to have a cleaner appeal to it.

After looking at a bunch of a attention grabbing artworks for albums in a store I think something simplistic would grab my attention a lot more. It just feels fresh and new without trying too hard and looking like shit. It isn't overwhelming visually, it isn't overly edited, it isn't too posed and stiff looking, she looks calm.

uM2mzZZ.gifhoDhUSz.png?1

Lana will probably pull a fast one on us...

Simple but beautiful album cover :brows: with really dark, twisted music  :creepna:

None of us are ready for the slayage  :crying:  :crying:

idgi, i was looking at neil krug's other work and he's done some really phenomenal album artwork. like soo much better than west coast and ultraviolence. you can tell lana was part of the designing process, which is good that she is involved obviously but idk i feel like she was playing it safe for this one. 

here's some of his stuff, i wish lana had gone more in that direction

prt_350x350_1364323514.jpg

prt_350x349_1351450583.jpg

prt_350x350_1399605593.jpg

prt_350x350_1351416256.jpg

tumblr_n44ko1s3Pk1rkudelo1_400.gif

Someone says "Why there is not the LANA DEL REY in the background of the cover ?". I was thinking of something : maybe Lana doesn't want to be only listen by fans. Maybe she "hides" her name to seduce some new people. The media tarnish her image, and without her name, some people would get this album without thinking "Oh, it's this stupid Lana Del Rey. Fuck that shit". It's like a reborn... I'm going to far. -_-

It's just a supposition

Someone says "Why there is not the LANA DEL REY in the background of the cover ?". I was thinking of something : maybe Lana doesn't want to be only listen by fans. Maybe she "hides" her name to seduce some new people. The media tarnish her image, and without her name, some people would get this album without thinking "Oh, it's this stupid Lana Del Rey. Fuck that shit". It's like a reborn... I'm going to far. -_-

It's just a supposition

that's an interesting point! :agree:

REJPMf7.png

It's just a supposition

I personally think it completely throws off the balance in the cover if she had both on it. Although it's a bit bottom heavy looking maybe the font size is the real issue. Her previous album covers were balanced because they were well balanced. BTD had a good cover because the outfit and her lips matched the font colors, Paradise balanced out because of the palm trees. The cover for Ultra throws off that balance and if she was in the center it would better.

It's just a supposition

I personally think it completely throws off the balance in the cover if she had both on it. Although it's a bit bottom heavy looking maybe the font size is the real issue. Her previous album covers were balanced because they were well balanced. BTD had a good cover because the outfit and her lips matched the font colors, Paradise balanced out because of the palm trees. The cover for Ultra throws off that balance and if she was in the center it would better.

uM2mzZZ.gifhoDhUSz.png?1