Sign in to follow this  
Linethic

Lana interviewed on Kiss 95.7

Lana was recently interviewed (if you can call it that ... it's very short) live on Kiss 95.7.

The full audio clip can be found here:

http://www.kiss957.com/onair/munchie-41790/12337716

Interview transcribed here by @@Rafael:

It's Munchie joined by Lana Del Rey. Welcome to Connecticut!
Thank You.

Is this your first time here in Connecticut?
No, I went to school in Connecticut for three years. So, I-- I am familiar.

Let's go back for a minute. You were playing shows around the New York area and you decided you were gonna upload this song "Video Games" to YouTube, and that really kinda opened the world's eyes to Lana Del Rey. 
More or less yeah. I mean it got, I guess it got lil' bigger after that.

Now you got a sold out tour on your hands. Do you remember how things used to be back when you were struggling?
Uhm, honestly it's kinda hard to even sort of remember the way that the things were because they're so different now in the way that it was hard to even get anyone down to the clubs on the Lower East Side I guess seven or eight years ago. So I mean that a tour would sell out is amazing, 'cause when I was younger like my goal was to be a touring artist and you know and not just in America, but you know maybe if I ever wanted to travel abroad that that would be a possibility. So, I mean it's... Yeah it's an honor. Especially, you know, thinking about it now that I get to do the music exactly the way I wanna do it so it's very cool.

I take it like everyone else you read The Great Gatsby in high school?
Yeah I did--I did read it in high school.

When you got that phone call that they wanted to make you a major part of the soundtrack for the movie--that had to be pretty exciting.
I mean it's a big deal. Like it's a big deal for anybody, but it was especially a big deal for me, 'cause I've had a kind of an upward battle the last four years. So I mean when Baz Luhrmann really really wanted me to kinda be the featuring of Great Gatsby I thought you know that was an honor and definitely not something I expected. So... I mean that--that kinda helped me out you know?

You've got a great new song "West Coast". The video is amazing too. You can check that out at Kiss 95.7 keyword "Munchie". What was your mind set on this project? 
So, it's been so cold in New York the last few years. So I just, I dunno I enjoy how casual the west coast is. Like I go down to the beach I swim. I swim every day and Venice Beach is so great. I dunno. There's something very, something very, uh, mysterious about the west coast to me, so--'cause I know New York like the back of my hand. So it's nice to be in kind of uncharted waters.

One final question before I let you go Lana Del Rey: You've got a song called "Diet Mountain Dew". Where does that title even come from? 
Uh, me and my dad. That's our favorite drink and I had a boyfriend, uhm, actually from Connecticut and that was--that was his favorite drink too. So, it was a little ode to caffeine, green caffeine. [laughs]

I know I said that was the last question and now we're off the air I gotta ask you one more question really quick! For the guys, do you prefer clean shaving or do you like a guy who'd rock a good beard?
I have to go, generally, with a bearded guy. [laughs] Yeah.

928248_1433963053522633_1475313804_n.jpg

oh dammit i was just about to post it. took so long to transcribe it as well haha. oh well. here u go @maru  :hooker: 

It's Munchie joined by Lana Del Rey. Welcome to Connecticut!
Thank You.

Is this your first time here in Connecticut?
No, I went to school in Connecticut for three years. So, I-- I am familiar.

Let's go back for a minute. You were playing shows around the New York area and you decided you were gonna upload this song "Video Games" to YouTube, and that really kinda opened the world's eyes to Lana Del Rey.
More or less yeah. I mean it got, I guess it got lil' bigger after that.

Now you got a sold out tour on your hands. Do you remember how things used to be back when you were struggling?
Uhm, honestly it's kinda hard to even sort of remember the way that the things were because they're so different now in the way that it was hard to even get anyone down to the clubs on the Lower East Side I guess seven or eight years ago. So I mean that a tour would sell out is amazing, 'cause when I was younger like my goal was to be a touring artist and you know and not just in America, but you know maybe if I ever wanted to travel abroad that that would be a possibility. So, I mean it's... Yeah it's an honor. Especially, you know, thinking about it now that I get to do the music exactly the way I wanna do it so it's very cool.

I take it like everyone else you read The Great Gatsby in high school?
Yeah I did--I did read it in high school.

When you got that phone call that they wanted to make you a major part of the soundtrack for the movie--that had to be pretty exciting.
I mean it's a big deal. Like it's a big deal for anybody, but it was especially a big deal for me, 'cause I've had a kind of an upward battle the last four years. So I mean when Baz Luhrmann really really wanted me to kinda be the featuring of Great Gatsby I thought you know that was an honor and definitely not something I expected. So... I mean that--that kinda helped me out you know?

You've got a great new song "West Coast". The video is amazing too. You can check that out at Kiss 95.7 keyword "Munchie". What was your mind set on this project?
So, it's been so cold in New York the last few years. So I just, I dunno I enjoy how casual the west coast is. Like I go down to the beach I swim. I swim every day and Venice Beach is so great. I dunno. There's something very, something very, uh, mysterious about the west coast to me, so--'cause I know New York like the back of my hand. So it's nice to be in kind of uncharted waters.

One final question before I let you go Lana Del Rey: You've got a song called "Diet Mountain Dew". Where does that title even come from?
Uh, me and my dad. That's our favorite drink and I had a boyfriend, uhm, actually from Connecticut and that was--that was his favorite drink too. So, it was a little ode to caffeine, green caffeine. [laughs]

I know I said that was the last question and now we're off the air I gotta ask you one more question really quick! For the guys, do you prefer clean shaving or do you like a guy who'd rock a good beard?
I have to go, generally, with a bearded guy. [laughs] Yeah.

EQFO7rX.png

its so coincidental / bizarre that her favorite drink is / was diet mountain dew. i used to go to quiznos all the time because they were the only franchise that served it on the fountain tap. and carls jr. too cause they had the diet sprite 

this was back when everyone used to say the green shit would make your dick shrink lmao 

ZRBNill.jpg

Who the fuck cares about the origins to the title of Diet Mountain Dew?

her fans are usually interested in every minute aspect of her life / discography ... we'll find out about UV soon enough, though the past is done with unless asked about 

ZRBNill.jpg

her fans are usually interested in every minute aspect of her life / discography ... we'll find out about UV soon enough, though the past is done with unless asked about

I mean it's pretty obvious that she likes Mountain Dew, that's basically all she said. But with a two minute interview I'd much rather hear important news about the new record than answers to questions probably asked sometime in the middle of BTD's promotion. I mean she is promoting the new album in this interview isn't she? Or what the hell is she up to?

I mean she is promoting the new album in this interview isn't she? Or what the hell is she up to?

she's busy putting up rogue billboards and leaving her name off of album covers 

also its slightly unsettling to know that not only was it her lover's favorite drink, but also... her dad's 

ZRBNill.jpg

she's busy putting up rogue billboards and leaving her name off of album covers

also its slightly unsettling to know that not only was it her lover's favorite drink, but also... her dad's

It's a little creepy listening to her sing about her "old man" in off to the races while thinking that her dad is still around and probably listens to the album all the time. And how do you think he felt when he saw the ride video?

:wat: