Sign in to follow this  
Creyk

Lana Del Rey is the second most expensive female performer

the toronto tickets sold out instantly. I spent nearly $300 from buying on stubhub. 

Oh holy jesus that is so much for what I've seen of her concert. My friend just bought her daughter VIP meet and greet Katy Perry tickets for the same price! So If I went to that Toronto show, I'd have to spend not only that much on a ticket, but $100 on a hotel at least (for a shitty one in YYZ) and $50 on my plane ticket and that's not including food, merch, etc. so we're looking at a $500 excursion for a 90 min set and there's a very slim chance you would get to meet Lana.  

If I didn't get travel benefits like I do, add on an additional $700 for a RT plane ticket. Way too much money for 90 min of my life imho (but maybe that's just my responsible, I've-got-bills-to-pay side talking lol) Then again, if I lived in YYZ, I probably would have bought a ticket for that price anyway but I would have gone alone because none of my friends would think it was worth that much. 

It's really too bad because I think she could sell more tickets for less money at more venues in NA if the costs were more reasonable and she'd be making herself way more accessible to her fans. Unless she's going for the "rare cult-following concert" experience. I mean, this isn't a Cher or U2 we're talking about where there might only be a couple more shows they will perform forever, it's Lana at the "start" of her career. How much will her tickets be when she reaches the same level as Cher or Madonna?? 

Oh holy jesus that is so much for what I've seen of her concert. My friend just bought her daughter VIP meet and greet Katy Perry tickets for the same price! So If I went to that Toronto show, I'd have to spend not only that much on a ticket, but $100 on a hotel at least (for a shitty one in YYZ) and $50 on my plane ticket and that's not including food, merch, etc. so we're looking at a $500 excursion for a 90 min set and there's a very slim chance you would get to meet Lana.  

If I didn't get travel benefits like I do, add on an additional $700 for a RT plane ticket. Way too much money for 90 min of my life imho (but maybe that's just my responsible, I've-got-bills-to-pay side talking lol) Then again, if I lived in YYZ, I probably would have bought a ticket for that price anyway but I would have gone alone because none of my friends would think it was worth that much. 

It's really too bad because I think she could sell more tickets for less money at more venues in NA if the costs were more reasonable and she'd be making herself way more accessible to her fans. Unless she's going for the "rare cult-following concert" experience. I mean, this isn't a Cher or U2 we're talking about where there might only be a couple more shows they will perform forever, it's Lana at the "start" of her career. How much will her tickets be when she reaches the same level as Cher or Madonna?? 

My parents were sweet enough to get them anyways, I am so thankful for that. If i didn't live in toronto i wouldn't of even thought about spending that much. And yeah i'm going alone.

My mom wanted to take me to the Chicago show but the whole thing is GA so I defiantly wouldn't get to meet her with that many people in the huge ass pit. Also me and my friend were thinking of going to the Vancouver concert but a one way train or plane ticket is $300. 

The main reason I'd be willing to pay so much cause I don't know if she'll be coming back here, and if she does it'll probably be at a much bigger venue and the concert probably wont be as intimate. 

The people shading Gaga are being ridiculous. Even if her current era is not as successful as her last ones, she is still doing well ( just wait until she goes to Asia and you will see how the shows will sell out fast). I love both Lana and Gaga but we just need to accept that Lana will never reach the level Gaga did ( I wouldn't want her to tbh).

EotAQlJ.jpg

The people shading Gaga are being ridiculous. Even if her current era is not as successful as her last ones, she is still doing well ( just wait until she goes to Asia and you will see how the shows will sell out fast). I love both Lana and Gaga but we just need to accept that Lana will never reach the level Gaga did ( I wouldn't want her to tbh).

...well someone missed the point :lanasrs:

:whatever:

Sweeping scents and blue hydrangea. Summer hail and summer stranger.

I'm not ridiculous, I'm so legit  :hdu:

no tbh I'm not shading Gaga at all. I'm a fan of her, I can't say that I love her but I own all her albums and she has an amazing voice. I was only making fun of Gaga's and Lana's relationship aka The Revenge of Lana Del Rey  :lel:

lana-del-rey-high-by-the-beach_zpscfcsgx

I was just joking, I think Gaga is talented, but Lana is the best in my book.

IMG_20140716_101607.jpg