TIARNZUS

"Ultraviolence" to premier tomorrow on BBC Radio 1 with Zane Lowe!

I'm probably one of the few but it's my favorite single so far. Sure, the lyrics aren't her best but they're dark and gritty - and I'm obsessed with music that sounds like this. IMO this is her best piece of the songs we've heard so far, musically-wise. The chorus is super catchy as well.

The sirens thing throws me a bit because I thought we have agreed that anything oceans/sirens/swimming is related to K??? Kill Kill was even named originally The Ocean and so far any mention of oceans was a metaphor for K, right? 

Not every single mention of sirens or water means it's about K. All she says is I can hear sirens lmao, that's pretty generic..and she's talking about violence so.

I'm a little disappointed after my first listen. The lyrics are weird. The rhythm seems off at times. The chorus is repetitive. The end of the song seems kind of jumbled/all over the place/too much at once. And I feel like it could be stronger.

Maybe I need to warm up to it but these were my first impressions.

i agree with you. i also think it sounds like WC; which i felt the same about. i dont think UV will be my dig but im glad a lot of people are loving her stuff. i love the sound of BB however

Sweeping scents and blue hydrangea. Summer hail and summer stranger.

*DONT HATE ME* I think it's a pretty generic song. Between the lyrics, the melody, and everything else I could see it as a popular unreleased, but not an official image of what Ultraviolence represents. I think Shades Of Cool, West Coast and the Brooklyn Baby Snippet are much better, but if Lana thinks it's a good title track, so be it! :)

I really liked the live version and the preview on iTunes but the full studio version is kinda disappointing in my opinion. The production is terrible (i really don't like it) and my ears did hurt so much when i tried to listen to it with my headphones on because the whole song sounds so "high-pitched" and synthetic. The lack of bass and depth makes it sound like a bad 60 kbs radio rip, which is really sad because the song could've turned out so good....  

What are you using? It sounds good on a nice pair of headphones + DAC that can recover the detail ... the EQ's not jacked-up in the same way pop albums are

I wonder what monitors Lana used?

The only track I have a problem with production-wise is "West Coast," that plastic drum sound just isn't satisfying at all

AM I the only one whose soul shivers when Lana says, "Cause I was filled with poison, but blessed with beauty and RAGE." The way she says rage is perfectly ultraviolent.

I think the lyrics of this song are so bare and basic bexause they are not meant to be the star of the show. It is the atmosphere of the instrumentation along with the tone of Lana's voice that is on center stage.