TIARNZUS

"Ultraviolence" to premier tomorrow on BBC Radio 1 with Zane Lowe!

I love the song, but I can barely hear her especially the verse before she starts talking. Listening to a BTD song right after makes me miss how rich and clear her vocals were. Ah well, I hope it sounds good in the car.

I prefer the live version, but it's still nice! Her voice is much stronger live. & the spoken part is beautiful both ways! But I love it when she says "I REALLY love you forever" in the live version; it's too cute!

WHERE CAN I HEAR THE SONG? I fell asleep at three in the morning and woke up at three in the afternoon :icant: :crying5: :crying5: :crying5: :crying5: Can I download it so I can listen to it without internet? I have piano lessons in two hours :icant2:

EDIT: So, I just watched the video on Lana's VEVO. WHAT IS THAT? I can't hear ANYTHING! Is it just me? Can someone send me a recording or something? Thanks.

tumblr_or3tpeCeWc1rtq3bfo1_400.gif

I think for those who are disapointed with the studio version : Maybe it's because we tend to generally prefer the first version of a song we hear (It's like that with me, anyway)

In my case, I didn't listen to the Live performance and I'm really digging it. For me it could have been the lead single... Agree on some parts of the lyrics though.

This chorus makes me want to spin slowly and melancholically ...

MDM-Lanaboards-Banner.jpg

So I have heard the other VEVO video (what is up with that? Are there like to "LanaDelReyVEVO"s or something? Because one has no sound just shows a picture on the UV album artwork for four minutes). 

And I think that a beat in the studio version is a too early which makes it weird, like as if Lana is singing out of tune. In the live version, it was all perfect. The beat was after she sang the line, not before or during the last word. Am I making sense?

tumblr_or3tpeCeWc1rtq3bfo1_400.gif

This song is everything. I knew it would take me by my hand and TURN me out. I knew it.

It is everything I could ask for from Lana. The first verse is the killer. It delicately disarms you, and then cuts you at the throat, sweetly. Come on, bitch! The layered effect on the chorus vocal adds to the bleakness of the track. I don't know about anyone else, but no one does grunge heroin fish like Mother Lana. And while I could not stand the spoken piece in the live version, I love it here.

There is dark power here, a guttural seduction that only Lana could emote. It is sickening!

i like the song but why does it sound like they used plastic instruments or some kind of trash production i mean really 

everything sounds synthetic and its lacking a certain richness (?) 

I think it is meant to sound somewhat turned over, expired, dank...

The moment that hooks me in is the end of the first verse. Not really into the DN thing.

But when she says:

"Jim taught me thaaaaat,

he hit me and it felt like a kiss

Jim brought me baaaack,

Reminded me of when we were kids"

I'm done. Slayed. Cause of death: Lana Del Rey

party.gif?w=1100

The moment that hooks me in is the end of the first verse. Not really into the DN thing.

But when she says:

"Jim taught me thaaaaat,

he hit me and it felt like a kiss

Jim brought me baaaack,

Reminded me of when we were kids"

I'm done. Slayed. Cause of death: Lana Del Rey

LOL!!!! Yes, that part eats me alive also. It is beat!

I am disgusted with some of the 'fans' on here. That they feel so superior for loving every single piece of music Lana creates, they sycophantically accpet everything as perfection and abusively dismiss others criticism like trolls. It must be age or intellectual under development.

My opinion on Lanas latest is that so far I am underwhelmed and nothing is matching BTD era. I am a Lana fan, not a Lizzy Grant fan. The styles are very different. This does not make me a hanger on or less of a fan. BTd is my favourite album of the last decade. Perfection. I am withholding judgement until the album is out in full as sometimes music is better as a whole, not heard as 1 track. Fingers crossed.

As for those who don't like it when people have a different opinion; grow up and get over it.

amen!

tumblr_p0v8ex4Llk1raxa8qo1_540.jpg

I'm probably one of the few but it's my favorite single so far. Sure, the lyrics aren't her best but they're dark and gritty - and I'm obsessed with music that sounds like this. IMO this is her best piece of the songs we've heard so far, musically-wise. The chorus is super catchy as well.

The sirens thing throws me a bit because I thought we have agreed that anything oceans/sirens/swimming is related to K??? Kill Kill was even named originally The Ocean and so far any mention of oceans was a metaphor for K, right? 

tumblr_n7br4sLfZd1r6kg9io3_250.gif tumblr_n7br4sLfZd1r6kg9io4_250.gif

So now the song appears to have been totally removed from the UK iTunes, fml

'So I try to say goodbye my friend // I'd like to leave you with something warm // But never have I been a blue calm sea // I have always been a storm'

The song is getting awesome reviews for all the people who dislike it here.

"In true Del Rey style, "Ultraviolence" is a hauntingly beautiful song, full of stringed arrangements and ethereal vocals. The violins, lightly thumping drums and Del Rey's angelic singing are all more or less equal in the mix, giving the song a church-y feel due to the intricate layers and production value. It's a choir filled of love, lust and scorn, and it's a choir full of beautiful music.

A love song in its essence, "Ultraviolence" seems to blend together the arenas of love and violence, name checking the famous song "He Hit Me (It Felt Like A Kiss)" and playing into themes of poison, drowning and sirens.

The end result is a dreamy blend of sounds and themes, giving off the sleepy, loving vibes that Del Rey is best known for. Basically, her title track is her title sound. So, of course, it's nothing less than a stunner."

party.gif?w=1100

I really liked the live version and the preview on iTunes but the full studio version is kinda disappointing in my opinion. The production is terrible (i really don't like it) and my ears did hurt so much when i tried to listen to it with my headphones on because the whole song sounds so "high-pitched" and synthetic. The lack of bass and depth makes it sound like a bad 60 kbs radio rip, which is really sad because the song could've turned out so good....  

i76mrxw.png