PinUpCartoonBaby

LDR: "I always want to experiment" (Interview with dpa)

I think Lana is spiritually sensitive. She is probably a medium. I am an universalist spiritist and sorta get some pretty highly spiritual vibes from her like she is constantly channeling stuff.

IMG_20140716_101607.jpg

Sometimes, actually a lot of the time I have a hard time putting my thoughts (that seem perfectly explainable and understanding in my head) in words to someone else and I feel like Lana has the same issue.

who knows with her bipolar ass 

This is the only explanation for the uncontrolled and incoherent messages that she utters constantly through her interviews that muddies her image forever.  I don't know if she was like that before fame but certainly the constant bullying in the past two years aggravated whatever problems she had mentally. I believe she's smart and spiritual but she's unbalanced emotionally and that will not change with Lana Del Rey but I hope that Lizzy Grant will find some peace in the future

Not that I think anyone's being particularly serious with the bipolar comments, but as someone with bipolar, that's not what bipolar disorder is like. It's not changing your mind or having different personalities like a lot of people seem to confuse it with these days.

She's fairly reliable in her inconsistencies. They mostly differ on God and happiness, two themes that go way back in her songwriting. "Me and god we don't get along". Let's not forget a lot of her interviews are translated and she also always gets misquoted. We all know she has a lot of quite extreme phases, Jewel-eske to pop Lolita to grunge fuzz to jazz... Her influences and relationships probably just change a lot too. That includes god I suspect.

I have gold in my veins

I just found two other short "interviews" with dpa. I'm not sure if they belong to the one I already posted but as all of them took place in Berlin and were made by dpa I guess that it's actually one interview and those questions that I've found now are just outtakes or idk.

I translated them for you too but I did it very quickly so there might be some tiny mistakes in it.  (Translation in spoilers)

Here's the first one where she talkes about past eras. Source

Berlin. The US-songstress Lana Del Rey could very well imagine living in former times. “The 60s and 70s would have suited me well in terms of trying new things”, she told the news agency dpa. “I’m not longing for another era but I’m interested in it.”

Many things still used to be new back then, says the 28-years-old: “Rock’n’Roll was born, Jazz and Blues were developing…and America still had hope. There was the promise of a new, enthusiastic era due to Kennedy.” For her as an artist it’s sometimes difficult to deal with the postmodern time, she emphasises: “Everybody already experienced everything, everything has already been done.” That’s why it’s not that easy to find an own place as an artist.

And the other one (about soccer/ football and a bullfight). Source

Berlin. US-songstress Lana Del Rey thinks it's cool that soccer recently became famous in the USA.
“When I’m in New York I spend a lot of time with my friends and their families who originate from Italy. And they are so crazy about soccer!”, she told the news agency dpa. “The other Americans just recently took notice of soccer, but they really like it.”
She would really like to take part at a public viewing of a match: “I like the energy that can come from a crowd of people. I like it to be right in the middle of it.” In Spain she once was at a bullfight: “Even though it was frightening and we already left before the end of the fight it was impressive. The whole arena was shaking like in the middle of a wave.”

lana_takeitoff_notxb4uwe.gif

I feel as if Lana is a young woman who is still learning who she is, not only as an artist but as a person separate of that entity. I think that is why she contradicts herself sometimes. I think she has an idea of who she is, but there is still this sense of confusion and this need to come into her truth, as it relates to her self, more. She is at that age where there is still work to be done to truly claim one's identity.