RileyThomas

Paradise Lost Competition: Challenge #3 - This Is What Makes A Burning Desire

The GoGo Dancers: https://vimeo.com/50809606

I really like this video. It starts off well, and for some reason it made me smile the whole way through, I don't know why, it just does. I like how it has a recurring theme by using the same sort of story with the women and the perfume etc... I'd love to know how you came up with this concept and why you chose the clips that you did. I would have liked to had seen a bit more variety in vintage clips used, as some get quite repetitive. However, you have included your own mark on the video and haven't directly ripped off Lana's style which is good. I also like how your not too obvious with everything like driving etc... Although it would have been good to maybe include that somewhere as this song is trying to sell a car, and maybe sometimes it's like your trying to sell a new perfume? You'll do good in an upcoming challenge if you survive this week... Well done!

Score: 8/10

tumblr_mbs9cbxgQB1qh9kaoo1_500.gif

Children Of The Bad Revolution: https://vimeo.com/50653376

I used a lot of driving clips intertwined with thrillers and mysteries such as Play Misty For Me, Vertigo, and Fatal Attraction - since it's all about moving from the past. Moving from the darkness plaguing your mind, and letting free of it. Driving symbolizes that idea since you're speeding so fast it's like you're freeing your mind. Also I had some darker undertones of obsession and lost love, obviously shown through Misty & Vertigo, two films I adore.

And finally, the quote in the description of the video from Vimeo - a quote from Vertigo summarizes the video nicely: "One final thing I have to do... and then I'll be free of the past"

I J'adored this video! You chose some stunning clips and the imagery is really nice. I like the composition of the clips as they flawlessly move together and the transition moves from one clips to another. I like your ideas and themes of moving on from the past, it fits in with the song really nicely. I also enjoyed the horror videos, but them mixed with the uplifting scenes of driving created emotion and that's key for a music video. I'm trying to fault it, but it's hard. One thing I would say is again maybe your using the same clips a little too much, I know Lana does in her older videos like Little Girls & Brite Lites but thinking about now and how she has advanced in her video making is a thing to consider. I also liked your use of Lana & the little video clip at the end added a dramatic element to the 'story'. Congratulations.

Score: 10/10

The Ride Or Die Bitches scored = 9 points!

Hey Lucas Hey, Mommy's Mercedes, SitarHero

Children Of The Bad Revolution scored = 10 points!

Neal, HunterAshlyn, Matttiern

The GoGo Dancers scored = 8 points!

GaGaOopsy, PaigeDelRey, Hundred Dollar Bill

Which means that the Children Of The Bad Revolution are this weeks winners and are therefore immune from elimination!

Commiserations to this weeks losers, The GoGo Dancers & The Ride Or Die Bitches. You two are up for elimination.

The two losing groups must now post here with a reason the name of the person within their group that they want to eliminate. One person from each of the two losing groups will then leave the competition forever! Good luck.

Hundred Dollar Bill messaged me this if his team lost because he's busy.

"Idk if I will be on tonight when you announce the losing teams, but if we lose, I nominate GagaOopsy to be voted off because he didn't contribute in this challenge and he scored very badly in the first challenge."

The GoGo Dancers: https://vimeo.com/50809606

I really like this video. It starts off well, and for some reason it made me smile the whole way through, I don't know why, it just does. I like how it has a recurring theme by using the same sort of story with the women and the perfume etc... I'd love to know how you came up with this concept and why you chose the clips that you did. I would have liked to had seen a bit more variety in vintage clips used, as some get quite repetitive. However, you have included your own mark on the video and haven't directly ripped off Lana's style which is good. I also like how your not too obvious with everything like driving etc... Although it would have been good to maybe include that somewhere as this song is trying to sell a car, and maybe sometimes it's like your trying to sell a new perfume? You'll do good in an upcoming challenge if you survive this week... Well done!

Score: 8/10

Thank you for the feedback. :) I'm really glad you liked it! Sorry I didn't use a description with it when I uploaded it, I was just really short on time and was worried I wouldn't be able to submit by the deadline. I wanted the video to give off a vibe of Desire, less on cars and love, and more on the topic of Desire itself. The women desire to be beautiful and smell wonderful and be better then other women, and the men desire them in their own way of seeking after them, which you can see in the beginning. The darker tones of the song I implemented in the video with what the perfume was really made of; chemicals and insect acids and all that stuff. The women were obsessed with the perfume and the effect it had on their body, yet it was kind of damaging to them and they had no idea. That's where the title of the song, Burning Desire, came into mind for me. I didn't really want to use Lana stuff for this because I was thinking of it as more of my own actual video.

14417469274.gif

Lemme judge the other entries:

The Children of the Bad Revolution had a really good video, as expected. I suppose there was no other outcome to this challenge possible. The timing was really good, and I suppose that made it in the end. (Although I'm stanning for my own entry ~till the end of time~, who's bitter...)

I wish there was more to the Gogo Dancers' entry, it was nice and pretty but basically the same throughout.

So I GUESS the ranks were alright :P I would just have an easier time not trying to attack people I've had to work with for weeks.

I really liked the Ride or Die Bitches' entry. The Night of the Living Dead (which I watched again today) clips were very amusing in the context. "I've got a burning desire..." (for your flesh). :)

The results are in, I can now reveal that the two eliminated players are:

PaigeDelRey from The GoGo Dancers and...

Mommy Mercedes from The Ride Or Die Bitches!

Unfortunately guys, you must now leave the competition never to return!

The rest of you, I will see you for the next challenge. It will be posted under the 'Contests' section.

So your whole team is slow? How basic. :haha:

The Ride Or Die Bitches scored = 9 points!

Hey Lucas Hey, Mommy's Mercedes, SitarHero

The GoGo Dancers scored = 8 points!

GaGaOopsy, PaigeDelRey, Hundred Dollar Bill

:erm:

Considering that your team members are active and that I did this challenge all by myself, I'd say that being one point behind you is quite the accomplishment for me. :hooker:

Don't make me brandish some cold hard facts at you, Patches :imbeingsarcasticbitch2: