ilovetati

Honeymoon - Pre-Release and Discussion Thread

omg you are so annoying, why do you care so much?? just let the gal live, thats what she wants to do. im sure if she aspired to do those things she would do it ok. have you even seen her live??

Well I think that she doesn't give a fuck about what I have to say so she'll live just fine. But is a problem to care about an artist that you like? As a singer she has to aspire to perform her new songs live? It's her job in my view, but whatever

Sadly, no. Especially not Miley. Ignorance is bliss.

With consistency, you're right. But Lana's peak live vocal performances are far superior. Her range and tone are incredible and people don't realize this.

And she has become much more consistent and confident as of late.

Sadly, no. Especially not Miley. Ignorance is bliss. 

Yes esp Mildred with her disgusting nasal voice and horrible control. 

Katy and Tayloose are both at the same level vocally. One note with zero range.

GURL. Katy, Miley, Tayloose better Lana live :lmao:  Kill yourself please. 

Ok they may have better stage production plus dancers and back track (back Up singers)..FLASHY...ALL SMOKES AND MIRRORS.

Lana destroys every single one of them with her LIVE vocals.

No, all of them have better control of their voices live than Lana

Female "Live" performers that are actually "good" right now:

Lorde  (honestly her breath control is pretty shitty and very reliant on back tracks but she's ok)

Beyonce

Rihanna (when not dancing)

Meghan Trainor

Fadga

OMG, now we have moved to: HEW IS ALL BETTER LIVE THAN LANA????

Pls bitches, you can say about Miley whatever you want to say about her, but she beats Lana in every department when it comes to live singing. Let's not be delusional and talk about peaks in terms of live singing which is just a joke. 

At this point it is gettin ridic.

Oh selena gomez is another shitty singer that Lana can take a shit on.

Mildred is horrible point blank. Demi is the only good singer out of the disney flops. 

plz.

Pls bitches, you can say about Miley whatever you want to say about her, but she beats Lana in every department when it comes to live singing. Let's not be delusional and talk about peaks in terms of live singing which is just a joke.

At this point it is gettin ridic.

What on earth :toofunny:

And seriously, what's the point of this song dumping if she doesn't perform them live and giving them some depth? (I think of UV songs, Big Eyes, I Can Fly, and the new Haynie song, Honeymoon). She's just making her art at fast-food pace 

And seriously, what's the point of this song dumping if she doesn't perform them live and giving them some depth? (I think of UV songs, Big Eyes, I Can Fly, and the new Haynie song, Honeymoon). She's just making her art at fast-food pace

Songs don't need to be performed live to be given depth. Sure, they're nice bonuses for fans, but the albums stand alone as work of an artist. We're just spoilt in this day and age and expect the pop standard from every artist.

Also, can we take this to another thread and not clog this one any further?

i never said she was the best live, there are people far better than her OBVZ but to say shes bad is just fucking dumb like take yourself away buy a ticket to see her live :)

tumblr_myss44sOvJ1sut3cso1_250.gif

Why do so many people here act like their personal tastes are facts?

I do enjoy Lana#s live vocals, however sometimes I don't like them (which is often when people say how godly they are ... like during some of the over-done MDM performances) and sometimes I love them. There are singers who do better than her and then there are the ones, where you can argue about how good they are live. Miley for example isn't my cup of tea live, even though I wouldn't say she is bad. Lana is not the live-vocals queen, but she is also not as bad as some people act. And I feel like it's the same with many other artists. I wouldn't agree with Katy being better than Lana for example.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

Lana's switch between her falsetto to chest/head is one of the most impressive in the business. Not many girls can do it so swiftly except of the queen of vocals that is Mariah. (forgot about Ariana she too can do it and Leona but she's irrelevant)

Don't forget her amazing smoky low notes.

Someone mentioned Mildred cover of Summertime Sadness. Lord! :derpna: She literally has no falsetto and all chest.  :lmao:  She didn't even attempt it.. all one range mess. All she did is sing in ONE range and add volume whenever needed to have more power when she should be switching to falsetto esp during the bridge of SS. Atrocious really. 

Songs don't need to be performed live to be given depth.

You don't think that seriously?! All the greats that Lana worships are spinning in their graves. But you're right this is more about why Honeymoon is happening and what we expect from the new era than news

I don't get why you have to be so vitriolic regarding Miley's cover. She was paying homage to Lana, not trying to "outdo" her own song.

Speaking of live lounge, it seems a lot of you have forgotten Lana's cover of Goodbye Kiss. That was a fucking outstanding live performance. I think the only place she has trouble with live performances is when she's trying to sing over Blake's loud guitar and the obnoxious fan girls in the front row screaming their tits off. When Lana's given a respectfully quiet, calm venue she can actually kill any song (with the obvious exception of her SNL performance but come on it was her first live performance and it was being televised LIVE, that was too much stress to put on someone like her when she was just starting out)

Still not sure why we're discussing live performances at all, I thought this was a thread for Lana's new album :wtf: