ilovetati

Honeymoon - Pre-Release and Discussion Thread

So I just picked my boo up, he told me about how he called and the employee searched the back and everything for him, etc. still no honeymoon in their inventory. The employee told him that usually their music releases are normally tuesdays and that usually they get late monday-night shipments for music. AKA HM will most likely be delivered to their store tonight after-hours (Meaning it should be back there tomorrow morning for us to try again). I know it sucks :/ but nothing I can do about it if it's not in the back yet. We are gonna spend the next 2 hours going to FYE, other music stores, barnes and noble, etc. to see what we can do. I'm trying my hardest honestly and no I'm not a troll.

Aren't music release Friday now tho? Might as well give up.

It ain't happening till like Thursday lmao.

Aren't music release Friday now tho? Might as well give up.

It ain't happening till like Thursday lmao.

The majority of music releases are still Tuesdays. I'm not giving up that easily.

5.11.14 // 9.20.14 // 6.11.15 // 6.13.15 // 6.14.15 // 1.26.18 // 9.21.19

Ok, since some of you liked the post when i propose to translate this http://wildwoodzine....-rey-honeymoon/ I will do it, but I can't speak english really well so I will reduce some parts.

"It's been predictable that the success gained with Born To die and some good choices of singles (like Born To Die, Video Games, Summertime Sadness and Blue Jeans) one day would have decreased in some way. I think Lana herself would know that since the first time. After Paradise, in 2014 she presented herself to the global market with Ultraviolence, an album in some ways more indie than pop that hasn't been adverted by the great public (I didn't know how to translate this so maybe it's wrong). Still today there's who asks where is Lana, completely ignoring that she has made an album last year. The almost-absence of promo and the absence of potential catchy and radio-friendly singles had made Ultraviolence a quite-ignorated album.

With Honeymoon Lana risks to make the same mistake another time. Even if the promotion seems to has been organised better than last year (High by the beach has been good on international charts) if we listen to this new record entirely it's hard to try a track (except the first single) that could catch the attention.

Anyway Honeymoon it's an album that makes the style and the charme of Lana-character more strong. The usual vintage rythm and a little bit adding of soft-electronic sounds made this album a work in line (don't know how to translate) with her previous. So, we can say that this record is Indie-pop, absolutely distant from first-position pop music that is played in the clubs.

Lana's choice permits her to refuse any herself-sell and to keep her charme that set apart her from the popstars.

FINAL VOTE: 6,5"

How can this be called a review ?  :toofunny:

Edit: Its written by a student. Ok

Ok, since some of you liked the post when i propose to translate this http://wildwoodzine....-rey-honeymoon/ I will do it, but I can't speak english really well so I will reduce some parts.

"It's been predictable that the success gained with Born To die and some good choices of singles (like Born To Die, Video Games, Summertime Sadness and Blue Jeans) one day would have decreased in some way. I think Lana herself would know that since the first time. After Paradise, in 2014 she presented herself to the global market with Ultraviolence, an album in some ways more indie than pop that hasn't been adverted by the great public (I didn't know how to translate this so maybe it's wrong). Still today there's who asks where is Lana, completely ignoring that she has made an album last year. The almost-absence of promo and the absence of potential catchy and radio-friendly singles had made Ultraviolence a quite-ignorated album.

With Honeymoon Lana risks to make the same mistake another time. Even if the promotion seems to has been organised better than last year (High by the beach has been good on international charts) if we listen to this new record entirely it's hard to try a track (except the first single) that could catch the attention.

Anyway Honeymoon it's an album that makes the style and the charme of Lana-character more strong. The usual vintage rythm and a little bit adding of soft-electronic sounds made this album a work in line (don't know how to translate) with her previous. So, we can say that this record is Indie-pop, absolutely distant from first-position pop music that is played in the clubs.

Lana's choice permits her to refuse any herself-sell and to keep her charme that set apart her from the popstars.

FINAL VOTE: 6,5"

so they're judging her promo schedule rather than the music itself? hmmm how professional they are.

well i guess we can't criticise a critic unless we are all music critics.

giphy.gif

"I think Lana Del Ray talking about fedoras in Religoin is just such a boheme metaphysical experience. It adds so much emotion. The clothing racks obviously represent the different sections of her narco soul and her emotions as they change and show a different side. The doors closing in the background are just so beautiful xx" 

I read this as "Boehme metaphysical experience"

way to skewer the fedora-tippers

Well, I doubt the Italian site even listened to the actual album considering it hasn't been sent to critics.

The lashing has begun.

The editor from pitchfork has been shading her on Twitter too.

BTD 2.0 is here!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm here for another 5 million selling album!!!!

dont dare drag a reviewer on Twitter.

Ya'll want her to get trashed.

why should i drag a deaf man? am i that pathetic or lack of sympathy? gosh.

anyways, i respect his review as long as it's not biased and he really gave an insightful review with DEPTHS but not some shallow discussion about her stage name or alternative persona or her live performance or whatever unrelated to the album 

giphy.gif