HunterAshlyn

HUNTER HOOLIGAN

Q1: No, I would be happy to do that, I just don't want to ruin it. If you don't think it will ruin any surprises, I can tell you who all the tracks are from!

Q2: And yes! You've pretty much got this right. There are parts of "Without You" (vocals) but the track is original- not by me tho! :D

Ruin. Ah, so then release it in the date, please. That'd be cooler :)

..but believe me when I say that the surveillance we live under is the highest privilege compared to how we treat the rest of the world.

When I release the album, I'll create a new thread called "HOOLIGAN HOUSE" that will give you guys ALL the details of the mixtape- including producers, lyrics, and album art. Very excited about it.

:oprah:

..but believe me when I say that the surveillance we live under is the highest privilege compared to how we treat the rest of the world.

Q2: And yes! You've pretty much got this right. There are parts of "Without You" (vocals) but the track is original- not by me tho! :D

The more you talk about this one, the less illuminated it is for me :what: :teehee:

Well first I thought it was going to be a cover with some lyrics, maybe melodies done by you. Or just sampling parts of her song in your own song. But then you said that the track is original, but not by you...Like, you didn't record it?

I probably should have just realized that, it makes the most sense :P

I don't think I have anymore strenuous questions, so breathe a sigh of relief.

tumblr_ls40nzW1z31qb9f6c.gif

The wait is almost over my love. And then you will be in twerk heaven.

On a side note- I really hope you guys are ready to listen to this whole thing as a piece of work and I hope that when you listen to it- you go on a journey through this entire musical landscape. I chose beats that brought my vision to life and picked songs that mean something to me. Remixes for this tape were not chosen for any other reason than I have particular association with those songs. I am presenting this as my first cohesive piece of work- and I hope that it really shows. I love you guys so much for being with me along the creation of this. Thank you so much for all your support, and I can only hope that the tape lives up to the support that I've gotten for you all.

On a side note- I really hope you guys are ready to listen to this whole thing as a piece of work and I hope that when you listen to it- you go on a journey through this entire musical landscape. I chose beats that brought my vision to life and picked songs that mean something to me. Remixes for this tape were not chosen for any other reason than I have particular association with those songs. I am presenting this as my first cohesive piece of work- and I hope that it really shows. I love you guys so much for being with me along the creation of this. Thank you so much for all your support, and I can only hope that the tape lives up to the support that I've gotten for you all.

Hunter! ^_^

Halloween night, after I trick-or-treat do normal adult things, I'll set aside a solid two hours to my headphones and your voice. Jeez, it's the 31st, it's upon us! Hold me! :crying:

^ Stunned by the cover.

Babe, ma burning question... which was answered once but then lost forever. :defeated:

Hello, Hunter. How are you?

+ First of all, congratulations on the mixtape release. Happy?

+ And congratulation on your winning the Liquorice Mix competition. Tell us about it. How did that go? How does that feel? For you as a fan, we know that you're a fan of Azaelia Banks, how does that feel? And how does that feel for you as an aspiring musician?

+ When did you start writing/composing?

+ When did you know that you wanted to do this, this music thing?

+ How big is music in your life?

+ I listened to all of the tracks in your Soundcloud page and I can hear diversed genres; pop, hip hop, bubblegum(?) pop, rap, electro, acoustics, soul, even doo wop. Music influences?

+ And I kept on badgering you with this question because honestly, I couldn't find similar artist in the current music scene quite like yourself maybe it's partly my being underexposed to pop music in general--but I could only mention Pet Shop Boys and Erasure, have you ever heard of Erasure? If I ask you to mention 5 similar artist to Hunter Hooligan, who would that be?

+ Where do you see yourself; 5 and 10 years from now?

+ Next project? (We're still waiting for that 2nd Floor Heaven video, btw).

Thank you Hunter, all the best for you and music.

+ First of all, congratulations on the mixtape release. Happy?

- I'm SO happy about it. I'm extremely excited- I'm exhausted, but excited. This is both a new direction for me, personally, but also my first cohesive piece of work I've been able to release publicly.

+ And congratulation on your winning the Liquorice Mix competition. Tell us about it. How did that go? How does that feel? For you as a fan, we know that you're a fan of Azaelia Banks, how does that feel? And how does that feel for you as an aspiring musician?

- It feels incredible to be recognized by someone who I think is one of the best living rappers. It feels incredible to get positive recognition from an artist after I adopted their work. To know that Azealia Banks liked something I did to HER song is mind blowing to me. To know that she liked something I did at all was incredibly motivating.

+ When did you start writing/composing?

- I've been writing songs since I was 8. And seriously writing for a release (not this one per se, but in general) since I was 14.

+ When did you know that you wanted to do this, this music thing?

- My entire life. Music is the ONLY thing I ever wanted to do.

+ How big is music in your life?

- Music is the biggest part of my life. It's what allows me to be. Without it- I know I would die.

+ I listened to all of the tracks in your Soundcloud page and I can hear diversed genres; pop, hip hop, bubblegum(?) pop, rap, electro, acoustics, soul, even doo wop. Music influences?

- The musical influences I have are about as diverse as the genres you listed. To narrow it down a bit, I'd say my biggest influences throughout my life have been... Aretha Franklin, Janis Joplin, Prince, Elton John, Dinah Washington, Bessie Smith, B.I.G., and Whitney Huston. I grew up listening to SO much different kind of music. Everything that my parents played around the house- Aerosmith, Motley Cru, Grateful Dead, Cat Stevens, Elton John, Prince, Aretha Franklin- and then when I was younger, I loved 90s R&B and pop- like Brandy, Britney, Christina, Destiny's Child, Mariah Carey. I also showtunes with my grandmother.

+ And I kept on badgering you with this question because honestly, I couldn't find similar artist in the current music scene quite like yourself maybe it's partly my being underexposed to pop music in general--but I could only mention Pet Shop Boys and Erasure, have you ever heard of Erasure? If I ask you to mention 5 similar artist to Hunter Hooligan, who would that be?

- Hm... This is an awesome question- mostly because I don't know how to answer it.... If I put out a record, I'd hope to see it shelved next to the newest releases of these guys: Lady Gaga, Lana Del Rey, Amy Winehouse, Regina Spektor, and Florence + The Machine. But, one day, far in the future, I hope I'll have a legacy as important as Michael Jackson, Elvis, Frank Sinatra, Madonna, Elton John, and Whitney.

+ Where do you see yourself; 5 and 10 years from now?

- 5: hopefully signed, just having released my first major label record.

- 10: hopefully getting ready to release my latest record, touring all over the world with my friends. Maybe producing/writing for other people.

+ Next project? (We're still waiting for that 2nd Floor Heaven video, btw).

- What's next? Gosh...hmm... there's a few things in the works at the moment. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mqzVD8KLYY&feature=youtu.be