Sign in to follow this  
Anthem

Atlanta, GA @ Aaron's Amphitheatre at Lakewood - June 14th, 2015

I'm leaving my house in 30 minutes to go! I'm dying of excitement! My friend and I are listening to Grimes right now to get an idea of what to expect.

I'll be in a pink and white sleeveless shirt with pink high tops and straight blonde hair so say hi if you see me! I will have some AKAs with me to give out.

Goddesses don't speak in whispers. They scream.

I'm leaving my house in 30 minutes to go! I'm dying of excitement! My friend and I are listening to Grimes right now to get an idea of what to expect.

I'll be in a pink and white sleeveless shirt with pink high tops and straight blonde hair so say hi if you see me! I will have some AKAs with me to give out.

man I wish you were at last nights show I could have used an AKA

Ciggeretes and RoboTusin will i ever get to Heaven

I thought it was odd she didn't stick around at the end to get off the stage and walk around the front row like she usually does

She kind of did mid way through her performance to walk down and take photos with some of the people in the pit.   It was interesting though, I was expecting an encore of something, but no big deal.  I heard she doesnt like doing encores lol   

So here is my account of the concert:

I wasn't pressed to get there early or anything since my friend and I had assigned seating and she only lived about 10 minutes form the venue so we got there around 7. I met up with a fellow LB member to spread the glorious gospel give them a CD and we chatted some until Grimes came on. Grimes was alright but I had forgotten to put in my contacts so she was literally a blur and her music is just a tad too weird for me. I went in the middle of Grimes' set to buy a shirt and then convinced one of the gate ladies to let me go get my contacts so I could see. 

When she came on it was amazing. Her whole look was beautiful and she sounded amazing from the start. The sound was wonderful, I could hear her so clear and people weren't singing so loud that I was at all bothered. I had two people's tickets who were coming and had to let them in during Cruel World which was really annoying but it was alright, I was back in my seat by the opening line of Cola. I was sitting slightly off to the right from the stage but only a few rows back from the Gold VIP people so it was nice. I could see between the two people in front of me but some girl kept swaying so sometimes it was hard to see. 

She talked to us a few times about how glad she was to be back and how lucky she was. She took a tiara thing from someone during UATW and wore it and looked like a literal queen. I wish she would have worn it the rest of the show. I was surprised at how accurate people were about fans sitting down during the unreleased stuff. I didn't care though because it just made my view better. Some guy caught her attention and gave her this giant blanket/flag thing and that started her 5 minute selfie and meeting session. She spent a surprisingly small amount of time in the pit to be honest - I figured she'd go down more than once and for longer but it was very brief. She did kiss a fan on the lips!

One thing I completely loved was she changed the lyrics to Born to Die just slightly to "if you make me feel at home, then I'll tell you you're mine". It was so perfect with the way she sang it. That was the first song I ever heard by her but last night she made me fall in love with it all over. Also, no one prepped me for the fact that she would sing "let me fuck you hard in the pouring rain" in the chorus. That got some yells. She unfortunately replaced Brooklyn Baby with Ride again, although she sounded fantastic singing it. Her voice all night was on point and she had completely control. It was amazing to see how far she had come from just last year in May.

Right after Shades of Cool the front of the pit began chanting something and she talked about "not having done that before". I'm assuming they were saying Old Money since that is when she decided to sing that for us. She only did the first verse and chorus and stopped though but it was very beautiful and very special that she did that for us. They began chanting again after she stopped (I SWEAR they were saying Honeymoon but it could have been wishful thinking) and she said "What is this? Karaoke night?!" and then said she didn't know that one.  Towards the end the people in front of me left so I had a great view the last third of the show. At end end she thanked us and said she couldn't wait to come back next year, sang OTTR and then left with her blanket thing the guy gave her. 

Overall I really really enjoyed myself. I felt so lucky that she sang Old Money and was grateful she did UATW if only because it made the show longer. I was a little sad that she didn't perform Do Right but I think OM made up for that. After this show though I think I've decided when she comes back that I am going to do whatever the equivalent of Silver VIP is. My seats have been nice for the two times I saw her but I want to try the intensity of the pit, especially since she isn't meeting after anymore and I do want to meet her eventually.

Side note, I had post concert depression approximately 5 seconds after she disappeared off the stage. It was so surreal, I just wasn't ready for it all to end even though we got a longer concert than most and longer than last year. She is just so lovely.

I still can't believe she sang Old Money, it was amazing 

I loved hearing Old Money live at Hollywood Forever last year.  She had only started singing it live at her previous concert in Mexico City.  I was disappointed that she didn't sing it at her show in San Diego last month, but I was at least happy to have Brooklyn Baby in the mix.  Interesting that she took that out in favor of Ride at this show.  Maybe she wanted some more Paradise representation, since all she had at my show was Cola.

When she did, Old Money she claimed to have never done it. >.> So what were those videos of youtube of her singing it last year? But I'm thankful that she did it nevertheless.

Maybe she forgot that she had sung it last year? LOL...  Or perhaps she meant she had never done it on the Endless Summer tour... who knows.  This IS Lana we're talking about, after all. ;)

Maybe she forgot that she had sung it last year? LOL...  Or perhaps she meant she had never done it on the Endless Summer tour... who knows.  This IS Lana we're talking about, after all. ;)

She says "We've never really done that one" (I think!) meaning her + the band. She did it before, but I think it was only acapella. Maybe that's what she means.

She says "We've never really done that one" (I think!) meaning her + the band. She did it before, but I think it was only acapella. Maybe that's what she means.

I saw a video from last year of her singing "Old Money" a capella, although she only sang a small part of it.  However, she and the band DID perform it in Mexico City last October (that was the live debut of the full song), and she performed it again at her very next concert at Hollywood Forever (I was there!).  It's such a beautiful song, especially hearing it live... that's why I was disappointed that she didn't perform it in San Diego.  But she apparently did perform it later in the tour.

I saw a video from last year of her singing "Old Money" a capella, although she only sang a small part of it.  However, she and the band DID perform it in Mexico City last October (that was the live debut of the full song), and she performed it again at her very next concert at Hollywood Forever (I was there!).  It's such a beautiful song, especially hearing it live... that's why I was disappointed that she didn't perform it in San Diego.  But she apparently did perform it later in the tour.

Oops, you are right. Sorry :)

Or perhaps she meant she had never done it on the Endless Summer tour...

I guess that's the answer.

Oops, you are right. Sorry :)

I'm always right!!

Except, of course, when I'm wrong... :D

I guess that's the answer.

It's just a guess. She may have just forgotten about having sung it in the past, too... though you would think one of her band members would have reminded her... LOL

Do we have any good audio recording for this concert??? I need it :( She sang Yayo, right?

No or I'd be dead  :deadbanana: