Sign in to follow this  
Deleted User

#NiUnaMenos

Hello all. I'm not one to post lots of things or start discussions of this kind, but this is something that I'm willing to share to feed the world's conscience about the matter.

ย 

A big march happened yesterday to fight against femicide, something that's awe-strucking common in LatinAmerica, yet in Argentina a certain case blew the whole thing up... Chiara was a 14 year old girl who was buried alive by her boyfriend, when he found out about her pregnancy. This was heartbreaking news for the whole country.

ย 

The whole thing started a social media trending topic of 140 characters complaints about the utter lack of justice when it comes to gender difference, and how women seem to be completely defenseless in the world. From little subversive remnants of misoginy in popular ads and TV programs (and movies), to actual cases of women discrimination going unpunished, the hashtag #NiUnaMenos was held for about 4 weeks, and it even raised the men behind this to complain about trivial tiny things (compared to the assassination of over 1800 women in the last 6 years) when we talk about gender difference. This case is staggering, the cynism is unstoppable, and the worst thing of them all is how attached misoginy seems to be to the whole society structure (if you walk in the streets wearing a mini, showing a little cleavage, chances are that you will most assuredly get screamt from a car, or from building constructors, or even men that walk beside you, not to even mention that sometimes you get touched and it's seen as "normal").

ย 

The good thing about this is that in the march, people seeing this as a whole "feminist march" were dismissed by the pressence of a lot of men, being on their own or even accompanying their couples, people with diverse sexual orientation also screaming for their freedom and rights, all sorts of people united by a same cause.

ย 

It's sad for me that we need to have a national march to defend women, it's sad for me to think that precious beings like my mother or my sister go through so much pain and unfairness, I tried to do the most I could to support this but I know this is just the beginning (and hope for a better tomorrow, for each and every being in the world, regardless their gender, skin color, sexual orientation and whatnot) of a big process in which we all must do our best to scrutinize cases of domestic violence, we must make a stand, we must not be frail and cover ourselves and isolate in the shadows. We need to complain, and clean the very source of this, and expose it to the sunlight.

You can read more about this in the following articles:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/argentina-protests-thousands-takes-part-in-mass-demonstrations-to-condemn-violence-against-women-10296154.html

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-33001990

http://www.buzzfeed.com/rossalynwarren/pregnant-girl-was-buried-alive-by-her-boyfriend?bffb&utm_term=4ldqpgp#4ldqpgp

I was going to post about this yesterday. We were discussing a lot at school and everyone has different opinions. It's really interesting and yeah, sad. I won't post my opinion because it's quite long and well I don't wanna get bullshit lol. The only thing I want to say right now is that I support this.

The way she died was so brutal. Imagine the agony, pain and despair of being buried alive. Makes me so sad and so, so angry at the same time. Kudos to Argentinians for uniting and trying to make changes. What is happening with people? Why some are so violent, cruel and moral less? Just by thinking what she went through before finally dying makes my head spinย  :(

glgcDdT.gif