letsescapelizzy

Christina Grimmie

Florida (where this incident occurred) has one of the least restrictive gun laws in the nation. America's legislative body is composed majorly of a political party that fully supports individual gun rights, and I do not see change happening as long as this party is in control.

+ to be honest, she wasn't well known enough to actually cause people to do something about it

yeah but my point still stands. Why are we basing this off how 'well known' she was? A person was killed selfishly outside their own concert and this isn't going to inspire any change? That's embarrassing

FzytWEW.png

I never heard of Christina Grimmie until today but I can tell you that I soon as I heard the news, tears came down my face. I looked her up on YouTube and saw all the Voice videos clips.

Goodness what a loss. She was very talented. Sadness all around. May she RIP.

Why not though? This is the problem, a young musician is KILLED outside HER OWN CONCERT and it's 'not going to cause a political revolution'? How disgusting/embarrassing that this shit can continue to happen and nobody does anything about it

20 upper middle class white children were slaughtered 4 years ago and, despite all the shock and horror, absolutely nothing changed. do you really think a relatively unknown young musician being killed is going to spark the political revolution that a group of dead children couldn't? i sincerely hope i'm wrong, but i don't believe it for a single second.

and in related news, another tragedy happened / is happening in Orlando today...

20 upper middle class white children were slaughtered 4 years ago and, despite all the shock and horror, absolutely nothing changed. do you really think a relatively unknown young musician being killed is going to spark the political revolution that a group of dead children couldn't? i sincerely hope i'm wrong, but i don't believe it for a single second.

and in related news, another tragedy happened / is happening in Orlando today...

But you are all still proving my point..... it's disgusting and embarrassing that as a society, nothing can change US gun laws??? It shouldn't be this hard for people to understand that GUNS ARE THE PROBLEM

FzytWEW.png

@ oh i don't disagree with you at all. i'm not american, so their (i mean, a big part of their population's) obsession with guns is just baffling to me. i just think that, realistically, nothing's gonna happen yet again. the gun lobby is powerful.

Just read, without many details- there was another shooting in Florida last night at a Gay nightclub,The Pulse at least 20 club goers were shot, and the gunman is dead and he also had a bomb with him that police detonated.

Don't want to rush to judgement, but Republican presumed nominee Donald Trump has been on an anti-Gay anti-everything but angry white male rampage

and the rhetoric this spring/summer is boiling over.

Yes, the NRA is all-powerful, but, there is hope

and the NRA demographic is older angry paranoid white male (the type who believe the world is coming to an end, and they want their hundreds of guns/1000s and 1000s of bullets

to overthrow the government. (and really, in 99% of the country, people do not need to hunt to eat, and any gun on the street is not the original thought that guns are suppose to be

protecting the house only.

If the younger generation would be against guns, eventually it will change, sooner perhaps.

Seems to me, kids are not part of the NRA, and as they see and hear one person after another they know (friend, family, celebrity) being killed/hurt that eventually things will change.

Like, who died and made the NRA king? They are like the Wizard in Oz, and Toto has pulled back the curtain and realized that they are not as powerful as they think, as long as

people fight back against them. All they are is a lobby group. I do think they should re-classify the NRA in the fight on the war on terror or something, as guns kill en masse,

making them a weapon of mass destruction. And guns/bullets are terrifying.

Trouble is, gun control per se don't work, because many states have none, and the good states, there is nothing in place that one can't drive a trunkload into NYC or California, as long as they

are not nervous, no one checks their trunk going through.

Thoughts again are with Chrstina's friends and family, and now the victims of the club in Florida.

and once again,  in the Orlando area in Florida. (Orlando the city itself is about 20 minutes north of Disney World.)

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp