Sign in to follow this  
PARADIXO

Anohni (and the Johnsons)

NEW ALBUM

A black-and-white photo of the activist Marsha P. Johnson.

MY BACK WAS A BRIDGE FOR YOU TO CROSS

OUT NOW

Spotify

Apple Music

Anohni is an English singer-songwriter. Born in 1971, she rose to fame as the leader of art rock band Antony and the Johnsons. In 2016, she released her solo debut Hopelessness to universal acclaim. It was followed by My Back Was a Bridge for You to Cross in 2023. She's known for her visceral, soulful voice and politically charged lyricism, dealing with themes such as climate change, British and American politics, terrorism, capitalism and trans rights. She's been listed as one of the best singers in the world and many of her albums were included in decade-end and all-time lists.

It's absolutely gorgeous. I love her so much, I've watched several interviews and documentary a while ago since she was very close with my favourite band ever CocoRosie and she's a great inspiration. Lana talked about her several times too and seeing the connections make me really happy. Her voice hallucinates me. The video for Drown Bomb Me is gorgeous too!

ZKcaooE.png

It's absolutely gorgeous. I love her so much, I've watched several interviews and documentary a while ago since she was very close with my favourite band ever CocoRosie and she's a great inspiration. Lana talked about her several times too and seeing the connections make me really happy. Her voice hallucinates me. The video for Drown Bomb Me is gorgeous too!

oh where link me ? 

tumblr_o0nocyD6zu1rvt47eo1_400.gif

oh where link me ?

On top of my mind here's this, she also said she wanted to kiss her (and misgendered her) but I don't remember which interview it is it's pre-fame one

http://www.dazeddigital.com/music/article/11702/1/lana-del-rey-bad-girl-blues

http://bullettmedia.com/article/lana-del-rey-video-games/

Edit: found it

http://www.indexmagazine.com/interviews/Lizzy_grant2.shtml

ZKcaooE.png

She announced on BBC radio she's releasing an EP with the unreleased tour songs  :D

-In My Dreams

-Paradise

-Indian Girls

-Ricochet

-Jesus Will Kill You

Does anyone have the live versions of these songs? They're impossible to find because they're immediately removed from YouTube.

chmLj9Q.png

A black-and-white photo of the activist Marsha P. Johnson.

My Back Was a Bridge for You to Cross is one of the best albums of the year

Anyone has heard it?