Sign in to follow this  
folklore

Petite Meller

Q4 is almost here, so I doubt we'll get anything... It's always difficult for smaller acts to get something out so quick unless they hop on a famous succesfull colab like Halsey (Petite better reach out to some edm artist asap)... and noooo, she better stop with this brazil mess and give us Lost Angels, no one needs her insta to be flooded with "cum to brazeel" comments until she's forced to release that mess and fuck up her career

When I said Q4 I meant like December but even then that's ambitious because they're still fleshing out a concept for the album, but yeah I'd love to see her hop on a track and go viral in the meantime but again I think that's debatable knowing her travel schedule  :toofunny:

Charli XCX just said that Joe Jonas pancake scene in Boys video was inspired by Petite! Queens better collab! England (ft Charli XCX) is coming

I clocked that immediately, like I didn't even get past the first few seconds of the Boys vid before pausing it and making a snarky tweet  :toofunny:

At least she gave her credit, that was nice of her to do.

A friend was on Island Record UK's artist roster page and noticed that she'd been removed (Wayback Machine revealed that she was there as of November 2016) which makes me think they might have dropped her, but I don't know because she's back in LA working with Diane Warren and someone must've set that up and I'd assume it was a label. I just hope this doesn't stop any release plans because she's getting closer towards finishing the album  :(

Multilingual chanteuse

Her old band stuff is honestly so good, their album is a bit cringe in places but there's still some bops on there

Even after Petite left for the UK they still dropped some good songs, hopefully they'll make a return soon (the lead singer was pregnant)

Her old band stuff is honestly so good, their album is a bit cringe in places but there's still some bops on there

Even after Petite left for the UK they still dropped some good songs, hopefully they'll make a return soon (the lead singer was pregnant)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLaCrqjVu3E

Well if Petite was dropped by the label she might as well be the lead singer

Two new titles registered:

• CryBoy (Petite Meller, Craigie Dodds)
  • The Way I want (Petite Meller, Andreas Söderlund)

That means there are now 8 registered songs that we know of that are unreleased/unconfirmed:

• Blues (Petite Meller, Unknown) [Probably a Backpack Demo]
  • Thugs (Petite Meller, Unknown) [Probably a Grace Demo]
  • Right After Time (Petite Meller, Unknown) [Probably a NYC Time Demo]
  • Put Your Hands On (Petite Meller, Joakim Åhlund) [Definitely a The Flute Demo]
  • Make Me High/Conspiracy Theory (Petite Meller, Carter Burwell) [Probably a Conspiracy Demo]
  • Odd You (Petite Meller, Unknown)

And 1 unregistered but performed:

• Out of Focus (Petite Meller, Unknown)

I find myself searching for Petite Meller songs often, because it seems she had a bit of a career prior to Lil Empire and I noticed Discogs updated her credits recently to include a song from 2006 called "Ce N'est Pas" by an Israeli band called 951.

It's on YouTube, but the quality isn't great, unfortunately I couldn't find a better version anywhere. It definitely sounds like her. It's so cool to hear her singing in French mostly, I think, and to hear earlier work featuring her.

I find myself searching for Petite Meller songs often, because it seems she had a bit of a career prior to Lil Empire and I noticed Discogs updated her credits recently to include a song from 2006 called "Ce N'est Pas" by an Israeli band called 951.

It's on YouTube, but the quality isn't great, unfortunately I couldn't find a better version anywhere. It definitely sounds like her. It's so cool to hear her singing in French mostly, I think, and to hear earlier work featuring her.

I added that haha, that's her sister's old band I believe. They've released some other albums but that's the only track with Petite's vocals (confirmed via liner notes), I dug around and bought their other CD's just to be sure. I believe Ce N'est Pas was her first ever time recording vocals though, so this is pre-Terry Poison.

I have a personal CD-Rip of the song, which is 256kbps. I could probably rip something larger but I'm not sure if the album was pressed any higher than that, I'm also not sure what the forum rules are regarding uploading old releases; But it's not available anywhere online nor on any streaming/music purchasing platforms.

I added that haha, that's her sister's old band I believe. They've released some other albums but that's the only track with Petite's vocals (confirmed via liner notes), I dug around and bought their other CD's just to be sure. I believe Ce N'est Pas was her first ever time recording vocals though, so this is pre-Terry Poison.

I have a personal CD-Rip of the song, which is 256kbps. I could probably rip something larger but I'm not sure if the album was pressed any higher than that, I'm also not sure what the forum rules are regarding uploading old releases; But it's not available anywhere online nor on any streaming/music purchasing platforms.

You're so kind, I managed to track down a better version in the end though :D

I'm curious about there being an alternate version of "Lil Love" called "A Little Love" which was on an Island Records compilation, do you know if that's available anywhere and what the differences are?

I'm excited for whatever Petite releases next. I hope we have some news soon.

You're so kind, I managed to track down a better version in the end though :D

I'm curious about there being an alternate version of "Lil Love" called "A Little Love" which was on an Island Records compilation, do you know if that's available anywhere and what the differences are?

I'm excited for whatever Petite releases next. I hope we have some news soon.

I have that Island Life promo too haha, I randomly saw it on eBay whilst looking for Lauren Aquilina goodies. Coincidentally it had some Petite too though that wasn't why I originally bought it. I used to think A Little Love was a different master but there's no difference between that "2015 version" and the final when compared, just a working title I guess :\

And yeah I find it weird that it's been so long without any news of any music beyond the usual "coming soon x" replies on Instagram, the Shimmy Shimmy Style revamp was cute but she barely mentioned it anywhere  :toofunny: