Subversive

LDR5 - Pre-Pre-Release Annual Meltdown and Discussion Thread

actually honeymoon stalled at 700k.

I don't want to turn this into a thread about sales lmao but HM hit 700k in January 2016 and some sales updates accounts have updated it to 900k as of december 2016. Even if it may not be a very precise number it has for sure surpassed 800k

giphy.gif

it's true, there are 2 of the main songs circulating, but they aren't leaked yet. only some people have them

i got some tea but i don't know if i can/should spill it here

Spill pls

VyIsfwC.jpg

I don't want to turn this into a thread about sales lmao but HM hit 700k in January 2016 and some sales updates account have updated it to 900k as of december 2016. Even if it may not be a very precise number it has for sure surpassed 800k

Pls post me the link of 900k. I have yet to see it. And the update in January was 604k and the album was dead by then.

it's true, there are 2 of the main songs circulating, but they aren't leaked yet. only some people have them

i got some tea but i don't know if i can/should spill it here

spill don't leak

FmgKWb8.gif?1     HNqlJGD.gif

@Hundred Dollar Bill thank you!
so i don't know how much information you guys have, but here's what i got:
YAIL has a dreamy and slow, yet pop vibe to it, which Lana had already used before, think of Paradise
the other song is much different, so i guess we can expect a very versatile album
also somebody already has the mv for the first single, let's hope it doesn't leak
actually i don't think it'll leak because the people who have everything trust each other and their source is somebody you guys know
unless they trade it, which still doesn't make sense because the mv comes out in about a month or less

Pls post me the link of 900k. I have yet to see it. And the update in January was 604k and the album was dead by then.

I think it's this, i saw different people talking about it having sold 900k on twitter but actually the only source i could find was this: https://twitter.com/chartsuniverse/status/810993219072827392 . Not so sure anymore, anyways the numbers for other albums seem pretty accurate

giphy.gif

YAIL has a dreamy and slow, yet pop vibe to it, which Lana had already used before, think of Paradise

the other song is much different, so i guess we can expect a very versatile album

also somebody already has the mv for the first single, let's hope it doesn't leak

actually i don't think it'll leak because the people who have everything trust each other and their source is somebody you guys know

unless they trade it, which still doesn't make sense because the mv comes out in about a month or less

tumblr_oioj1kDe3p1vsgoazo1_400.gif

:facepalm:

I think it's this, i saw different people talking about it having sold 900k on twitter but actually the only source i could find was this: https://twitter.com/chartsuniverse/status/810993219072827392 . Not so sure anymore, anyways the numbers for other albums seem pretty accurate

I can tell you that this source is wrong. The album was at 604k in January and by then it was out of every chart around the globe. These days, albums that are out of the charts don't sell additional 300k worldwide. Sales are dead in general, however somebody like Halsey should have never ever gotten to the point of outselling Lana. Plus, Badlands was a success on streaming services whereas Honeymoon tanked. 

I think she and her team need to come up with some sort of ideas of selling her material. 

BAR sounds a lot like a cover she did.. it's slow like Chelsea hotel number 2

In a good way? Have you heard it yourself?

yes, in a good way. I love Chelsea hotel number 2. I have a LQ snippet (not the full), and I'm not sure if it's the demo or not. It's most likely the demo though.

I can tell you that this source is wrong. The album was at 604k in January and by then it was out of every chart around the globe. These days, albums that are out of the charts don't sell additional 300k worldwide. Sales are dead in general, however somebody like Halsey should have never ever gotten to the point of outselling Lana. Plus, Badlands was a success on streaming services whereas Honeymoon tanked. 

I think she and her team need to come up with some sort of ideas of selling her material. 

She needs some more 'easy to listen' songs. Halsey's singles never even reached the top 50 in the US yet they all have millions of streams on streaming services and are almost all certified even tho they sold 2 pure copies. If an album contains a hit song, all the other tracks usually reach automatically high numbers in streams. Also a controversial music video isn't bad either

giphy.gif

She needs some more 'easy to listen' songs. Halsey's singles never even reached the top 50 in the US yet they all have millions of streams on streaming services and are almost all certified even tho they sold 2 pure copies. If an album contains a hit song, all the other tracks usually reach automatically high numbers in streams. Also a controversial music video isn't bad either

yeah, honeymoon was not really easy to sit through in one listen. it was not really streaming-friendly. the songs were too slow. And yeah, just not really well-shaped as a body of work. Of course I know ppl disagree with me on this, but this is my take on it

Ugh this place is so stupid and toxic. Y´all constantly worry about leakers and possible leaks and yet probably all the people who have the songs and could possibly leak them are here, among us. Good work, Eclipse and his circle jerking minions, you made Lana and her team so feared and concerned they have to haunt instagram and tumblr profiles because of some stupid still and only because you couldnt deny yourself putting your filthy hands over something you dont own. What kind of fans.