Jack

Melanie Martinez

4 minutes ago, Pop The Balloons said:

PLEASE 

Also is light shower actually about getting busted on, I know it's a love song but I can't help but feel like it's about that and it kinda hints at that :defeated:

Either that or a golden shower :godlaugh:

Random, but remember that awful merch shirt that Melanie's boyfriend said he designed? Well it's actually copied from a guy named Mitch O'connell. Pretty sure Verde traced it as shittily as possible in Crayola marker and called it "artsy", lmao

Spoiler

ykB4iwu_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

He and Mel were already off-brand with the NFTs, scammy Depop sales, etc., but I hope we're not adding (shitty)art theft to the list. :illumarina: I unfollowed some other artists recently for this same thing too(Ashnikko's team stole cover art and took forever to give credit to the OG artist), so it seems to be a trend this year, lol! It's funny when it's coming from the same people that freak out when their own shit gets leaked and stolen though.

19 minutes ago, ButterflyBones said:

Random, but remember that awful merch shirt that Melanie's boyfriend said he designed? Well it's actually copied from a guy named Mitch O'connell. Pretty sure Verde traced it as shittily as possible in Crayola marker and called it "artsy", lmao

Hide contents

He and Mel were already off-brand with the NFTs, scammy Depop sales, etc., but I hope we're not adding (shitty)art theft to the list. :illumarina: I unfollowed some other artists recently for this same thing too(Ashnikko's team stole cover art and took forever to give credit to the OG artist), so it seems to be a trend this year, lol! It's funny when it's coming from the same people that freak out when their own shit gets leaked and stolen though.

Wait what's this thing with ashnikko?

34 minutes ago, The Siren said:

Wait what's this thing with ashnikko?

@Veronx.io put out an album, Chrysalis Wrath, with art inspired by the '85 anime "Angels Egg". Ashnikko's team then copied V's cover almost exactly for Ash's Weedkiller LP, and some fans argued that hers was also just coincidentally inspired by Angels Egg, but it was so obviously a rip-off of V's art and not the anime. Eventually, Ash's team finally backtracked, admitted they "took inspiration" from V, and publicly gave her credit- but not until Ash lost a ton of followers and got a ton of hate.

What bothers me about these incidents is the lack of transparency and acknowledgement from the plagiarizing party. If it was an accident, say something. If you got permission, say something. And in Verde's case, if he got permission to use that design but didn't create it himself, he still lied. If he stole it outright and tried to call it his own, that's just wrong. I guess I'm just confused at such weird shit coming out from otherwise good artists.

2 hours ago, ButterflyBones said:

Hide contents

period

after portals everything went down… her merch team is ass, my vinyl and signed cd never came (aswell as my deluxe crybaby vinyl) and didn’t even get a full refund… idk i was like a mega fan of hers but now…

6 hours ago, ButterflyBones said:

Reveal hidden contents

ugh fr

ezgif-1-a47a14664a.webp

lyricz.png

7 hours ago, ButterflyBones said:

Hide contents

PORTALS is such a lazy era, can't wait for it to end... AI Art, stolen art, shitty merch, rushed visuals, awful tour costumes, lazy tour sets, vinyl problems, etc, etc. i cant fathom the fact that she still wants to make a film for portals on top of all of this. i love mel but she needs to give up on that film or it isnt gonna end well.

3 hours ago, litterallylindsaylohan said:

PORTALS is such a lazy era, can't wait for it to end... AI Art, stolen art, shitty merch, rushed visuals, awful tour costumes, lazy tour sets, vinyl problems, etc, etc. i cant fathom the fact that she still wants to make a film for portals on top of all of this. i love mel but she needs to give up on that film or it isnt gonna end well.

One of the AI tour posters is even missing a set of eyes for the alien character, lmao. :eek2:  And those ears! JFC. It's crazy that she's choosing to go in this direction when she can do, and has done better.

loYUCjY_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

On 10/6/2023 at 10:37 AM, ButterflyBones said:

Reveal hidden contents

Might be wrong, but I believe that design is very common and an ancient design trope... it's a girl with butterfly wings, like 💀

12 hours ago, WildChild said:

Might be wrong, but I believe that design is very common and an ancient design trope... it's a girl with butterfly wings, like 💀

If it wasn't literally just a messy copy of the exact same design down to the markings on the wings, I'd say the same! :eyeroll3: The dishonesty disappoints me though, coming from people that did not seem like the type to lie over stupid shit.

In the end, Verde didn't create the design and should've credited the original artist.

I wish she'd at least post more of the photoshoots for Portals, it'd feel a lot less dead by now. And some pictures have been coming out that are clearly part of the shoots she started the era with, so it's not like she has to get into full costume and take a bunch of new ones.

Also, after seeing almost every single mask and outfit made for her so far get shown off on IG, I'm a little sad we haven't gotten to see more of the wigs up close! The big, fluffy white one that she wore in that Void TikTok has me so curious. Never seen a wig move like that.

3 minutes ago, ButterflyBones said:

I wish she'd at least post more of the photoshoots for Portals, it'd feel a lot less dead by now. And some pictures have been coming out that are clearly part of the shoots she started the era with, so it's not like she has to get into full costume and take a bunch of new ones.

Also, after seeing almost every single mask and outfit made for her so far get shown off on IG, I'm a little sad we haven't gotten to see more of the wigs up close! The big, fluffy white one that she wore in that Void TikTok has me so curious. Never seen a wig move like that.

Which one? I don't have TT to look