basico

Sugababes

On 12/24/2022 at 12:16 AM, TrashMagiq said:

The Lost Tapes the best Sugababes album no it's true!

I'm so happy they finally got the chance to release it after 10 years of being sabotaged. This is definitely their best work (or maybe on par with Three) and it was a disgrace that they've not been able to share it with the world before.

2022 have definitely been the year of their return and I can't wait to see what they have in store for 2023 with a proper new release.

On 12/24/2022 at 12:29 AM, TrashMagiq said:

I do wish Love In Stereo, Too In Love and Enough were included but either way the tracklist they went with is very excellent I'm very pleased :true: 
I'm so glad it has the version of Back in the Day with the sample

I was really saddened when love in stereo was given to Bananarama but I wasn't really disappointed by it missing on the tracklist because I knew it was no longer theirs to use. Appart from that I think the tracklist was perfect and flowed better than the one that supposedly leaked earlier (see spoiler).

Spoiler

Standard Edition [November 2013]

01, Flatline
02, Boys
03, I’m Alright
04, No Regrets!
05, Love In Stereo
06, Too In Love
07, Today
08, Summer of ‘99
09, Drum
10, Back in the Day
11, Love Me Hard
12, Lay Down in Swimming Pools

Re-Pack/ Deluxe Edition [May 2014]

13, Metal Heart
14, Only You
15, Beat has Gone

If it's true, I think that both songs being missing allowed Metal heart and Beat has gone to be on the regular edition which I think was mandatory because they are the emotional centerpieces of the album.

And I agree, the version of Back in the day with the sample is the best and I love the more sophisticated drum beat.

On 12/31/2022 at 8:42 AM, DirtyBlonde said:

Ugh, Just bought the deluxe edition also! I love them so much! They love their fans so much! 

They do. I think they released the album using their own money so that the fans could enjoy the work properly.  Thank you girls. I truly fell in love with them during the MKS era (even if I've been liking them since Overload), so I'm happy that it's finally out there.

Wow they are really amazing live. I wish I could see them on tour.

Siobhan sounds like she's never left and the Heidi lines have always been hers (still love Heidi tough). All 3 sound incredible and happy to be here. I'm impressed at Keisha's charisma and love Mutya's nonchalence.

@TrashMagiq @Coney Island King @MadameBlonde @basico @willfoshizzle you guys/gals might be interested. I'm trying to keep the topic alive :kiss:

9 hours ago, saith said:

Siobhan sounds like she's never left and the Heidi lines have always been hers (still love Heidi tough). All 3 sound incredible and happy to be here. I'm impressed at Keisha's charisma and love Mutya's nonchalence.

@TrashMagiq @Coney Island King @MadameBlonde @basico @willfoshizzle you guys/gals might be interested. I'm trying to keep the topic alive :kiss:

WHERE IS A NEW ALBUM!

13 hours ago, saith said:

What an amazing set :mariah:

7 hours ago, Coney Island King said:

WHERE IS A NEW ALBUM!

They've been in the studio for quite a while (including a session with girls only in the studio) and said they have made some surprising stuff. 

People speculate that they might release a new single around the big O2 show in september but who knows.

On 6/20/2023 at 10:21 PM, Coney Island King said:

WHERE IS A NEW ALBUM!

New single released today !

Release is aligned with their O2 Headline show tonight. It comes 10 years after Flatline, pretty much on the 23 anniversary of Overload. Plus the physical for the Lost Tapes are being shipped on the same day (perfect way to get closure and start the new era).

I was disappointed on first listen but it's grown on me a lot, it's cute and summery. Not as good as any of their previous leads singles but as far as we know, it could be only a buzz single. Love Mutya's vocals and the harmonies.