Groupie Lover

Is Lana Del Rey being controlled by her label interscope and being shut down!?

Then why did Shades of Cool, a promo single, get one?

Brooklyn Baby was going to be the next single after Ultraviolence. Remixes had already been comissioned. A few of them have been released to Soundcloud and YouTube by the producers. They use official stems.

shades of cool was a "single" , a "single" is different to a "promotional single" you can search it upRihannaGif7.gif

i will love you until the end of time.

On topic, I think we can all agree something fishy went on during the UV era, but it wouldn't be fair to put the whole blame on her label. Her own inconsistent, borderline bipolar behavior was also a big issue. I remember interviews being published everyday in which she was contradicting herself, her whole delusional meltdown on her so-called affairs with dozens of record executives, the Guardian interview where she seemed completly out of it and her passive-aggressivness with her team in an almost paranoid way... Her onstage attitude (when she did oblige to perfom that is) was very revealing too I found, she either looked scared or snooty, chewing gum and flipping her hair for 1h and performing 2 songs off UV at most like :deadbanana: . I think she was not able to sustain the vision she had for the record for several reasons, including her relationship with her label, and to me there's no doubt she was also battling something in her personal life.

On the label side, I guess part of it was incompetence (this whole Adele producer episode is a farce lmao) and also lack of communication / confidence. It looks like from the time she got with Dan, she entered into a very conflictual relationship with the executive guys, but who can blame her ? It was both good and bad in that in the end she kind of did what she had planned for the album, but she also got the label guys so startled that they went full control freak on her. They butchered the West Coast video because of drug use and the likes ? After she'd released Ride and Tropico ? When she was still selling records in the millions ? Come on :toofunny: Something was lacking too. WC's release was messy, the interesting promo they had started out with all these billboards and posters with exclusive lyrics and pictures they abandonned immediately...

I think when UV was released she said in an interview she was already bored with it and focusing on something else. But I believe in september of the same year she told someone "I hope this record won't be forgotten", so this only illustrates how confused it all was.

On topic, I think we can all agree something fishy went on during the UV era, but it wouldn't be fair to put the whole blame on her label. Her own inconsistent, borderline bipolar behavior was also a big issue. I remember interviews being published everyday in which she was contradicting herself, her whole delusional meltdown on her so-called affairs with dozens of record executives, the Guardian interview where she seemed completly out of it and her passive-aggressivness with her team in an almost paranoid way... Her onstage attitude (when she did oblige to perfom that is) was very revealing too I found, she either looked scared or snooty, chewing gum and flipping her hair for 1h and performing 2 songs off UV at most like :deadbanana: . I think she was not able to sustain the vision she had for the record for several reasons, including her relationship with her label, and to me there's no doubt she was also battling something in her personal life.

On the label side, I guess part of it was incompetence (this whole Adele producer episode is a farce lmao) and also lack of communication / confidence. It looks like from the time she got with Dan, she entered into a very conflictual relationship with the executive guys, but who can blame her ? It was both good and bad in that in the end she kind of did what she had planned for the album, but she also got the label guys so startled that they went full control freak on her. They butchered the West Coast video because of drug use and the likes ? After she'd released Ride and Tropico ? When she was still selling records in the millions ? Come on :toofunny: Something was lacking too. WC's release was messy, the interesting promo they had started out with all these billboards and posters with exclusive lyrics and pictures they abandonned immediately...

I think when UV was released she said in an interview she was already bored with it and focusing on something else. But I believe in september of the same year she told someone "I hope this record won't be forgotten", so this only illustrates how confused it all was.

basically everything you said is everything i was too tired to explain for the fifth time so thank you for doing it i cant lolol

also her (at the time) ongoing deconstruction of her relationship w barrie def had alot to do with it. And the uv outtakes we got i think she didnt want them out for a reason since they are so specific pertaining to different situations at the time 

shades of cool was a "single" , a "single" is different to a "promotional single" you can search it upRihannaGif7.gif

Shades of Cool was not a single, honey. It was released as part of the album countdown as pre-order track, just like BrB and UV. UV got picked as second single and BrB was gonna be third. Both got cancelled and we ended up getting a regional (third) second single for BBt.

The only singles from UV were:

West Coast

Black Beauty

If we count promo singles:

West Coast

Shades of Cool (Promo Single)

Brooklyn Baby (Promo Single)

Ultraviolence (Promo Single)

Ultraviolence (Single - Cancelled)

Brooklyn Baby was scheduled as follow-up single to UV.

Black Beauty (Single - Regional)

The same goes for Honeymoon:

High By the Beach

Terrence Loves You (Promo Single)

Music to Watch Boys to

Honeymoon (Promo Single)

Freak (Video only, no official single release)

tumblr_n4tas9suZA1s73qs0o1_500.gif

Shades of Cool was not a single, honey. It was released as part of the album countdown as pre-order track, just like BrB and UV. UV got picked as second single and BrB was gonna be third. Both got cancelled and we ended up getting a regional (third) second single for BBt.

The only singles from UV were:

West Coast

Black Beauty

If we count promo singles:

West Coast

Shades of Cool (Promo Single)

Brooklyn Baby (Promo Single)

Ultraviolence (Promo Single)

Ultraviolence (Single - Cancelled)

Brooklyn Baby was scheduled as follow-up single to UV.

Black Beauty (Single - Regional)

The same goes for Honeymoon:

High By the Beach

Terrence Loves You (Promo Single)

Music to Watch Boys to

Honeymoon (Promo Single)

Freak (Video only, no official single release)

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

i will love you until the end of time.