James19709

Bel Air

Gargoyles standing at the front of your gate.

Trying to tell me to wait,
But I can’t wait to see you.
So I run like I'm mad to heaven's door.
I don't wanna be bad,
I won't cheat you no more.

This gives me chills...

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Grenadine, sunshine, can you fade inside of mine?

Is it really "can you fade inside of mine"?

I've always heard "can you face this heart of mine" but idk. What does "fade inside of mine" even mean. Like it doesn't make sense?

Also does she not say something in the chorus after "take me there" but before "I've been waiting to meet you"? It sounds like "late at night" or "me alive". Idk there's definitely something there.

I know a lot of people hate religion but I really think this song is about Jesus (her bestest friend). At least partly. Hear me out.

"Gargoyles standing in front of your gate" 

Gargoyles originated as something that were put on churches and cathedrals in the Middle Ages.They were meant to inspire fear in churchgoers, and were also said to ward off demons and evil spirits. Look at any Catholic church even now and you'll see always gargoyles outside of them. 

"I can't wait to see you, so I run like I'm mad to heaven's door"

The church is "heaven's door." It's commonly called a "thin place" where the boundary between the mortal realm and heaven is thin and God can be felt more easily. 

She mentions roses and in Christian symbolism red roses symbolize the blood Jesus shed on the cross. 

"You've got a flair for the violentest kind of love anywhere out there"

Jesus showed how much he loved the world by allowing himself to be brutally tortured and killed.

"Sweet child of mine, you're divine." 

He's Mary's child. Also God's. Literally a divine being. 

"Don't be afraid of me, don't be ashamed. Walk in the way of my soft resurrection." 

I think this is actually Lana singing from Jesus PoV. The first thing he says after he is resurrected from the dead is "Don't be afraid." and he actually says it several other times in the bible. He's asking Lana to not be ashamed of him and how she feels about him and to walk in the way of his crucifixion and resurrection. 

I had this idea while listening the other day. Would explain why the instrumental is so "heavenly" sounding too. 

Are more sites using bad AI to interpret lyrics? I thought I was going crazy when Amazon Music claimed it was:

I know the roses, I’ve counted so

The official lyrics make more sense and now I don’t feel stupid anymore lol I was questioning life for a second. 

Idol of roses, iconic soul - Official

They do kinda sound similar…

C9-EB944-D-53-AE-42-A7-A3-CE-EF6-DA48879