Sign in to follow this  
What is your favorite UV outtake? (poll)

Fav UV outtake  

197 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite outtake from Ultraviolence?

• Your GirI
    • Fine China
    • Say Yes To Heaven
    • AFFA

What are all of the outtakes, leaked or not, for each of her albums?

Hard to tell, tbh.

Born to Die really hasn't too many "actual" outtakes. She considered a lot of the material she recorded back when she didn't have a record deal for the album. I think the only one we know for sure was among the ones strongly considered for inclusion is "You Can Be the Boss". It was most likely replaced by Diet Mountain Dew.

It would be interesting to know whether Emile Haynie also reworked YCBTB and the other songs that are speculated to be outtakes (Driving in Cars with Boys, Roses, Damn You and Hollywood's Dead). I think his remix of You Can Be the Boss would sound very similar to his version of Diet Mountain Dew, if not almost exactly the same (the beat at least).

Note these are all speculations though...

Another possibility is, that she started recording stuff with Chris Braide after Video games blew up and then picked songs that could match the songs they recorded together before going into a completely different direction with Emile Haynie.

Now, Paradise had two outtakes:

- Hollywood

- JFK

- Because of You was recorded in 2012 but we don't know if it was recorded for Paradise in particular.

I listed the ones for Ultraviolence in my previous post.

Honeymoon...I don't think has any outtakes...at least not any that we know of.

tumblr_n4tas9suZA1s73qs0o1_500.gif

Speaking of out takes, I feel like BAR would have fit perfectly on Ultraviolence. Preferably directly after Cruel World. the lyrical theme is amazing and it would work as great character development. In CW she says "you're so famous now" and "I'm so happy that you're gone". kinda like the anger stage of grief. Then in BAR she recalls the good times in the verses, and then sings "you did it all for fame" in the chorus.

This would be her coming down from the rage and having sorrow about losing what could of been her husband or something.

idk am I reaching??

"And when you see my face on every billboard and TV screen, you'll regret the day you walked away" :lanahairflip3: :legend:

Speaking of out takes, I feel like BAR would have fit perfectly on Ultraviolence. Preferably directly after Cruel World. the lyrical theme is amazing and it would work as great character development. In CW she says "you're so famous now" and "I'm so happy that you're gone". kinda like the anger stage of grief. Then in BAR she recalls the good times in the verses, and then sings "you did it all for fame" in the chorus.

This would be her coming down from the rage and having sorrow about losing what could of been her husband or something.

idk am I reaching??

i wouldve preferred it before CW atually

imagine thinking any of those were better than Angels Forever. Cant Relate!

idk am I reaching??

Lyrically, yes but sonically? I don't think so.

However, what you did point out correctly is how Lana tends to pick up stories and further elaborate on them. Like on UV she was grieving the end of the relationship and in BAR she's much more confident and has this F You attitude.

I remember her saying that CW represented her mental state when UV dropped. So basically her being on her way to forget about the guy that fucked her over but being crazy and mad as fuck. Then, throughout the album she explains how it got to that point.

On Honeymoon she has a very melancholic, dreamy view on their relationship. I'd even go as far to say that Honeymoon is mirroring UV but from a very different perspective. She dreams about their relationship and how it could have went had fame not gotten into the way (Honeymoon, Swan Song, God Knows I Tried, 24). 

On Lust for Life she has fully recovered and is ready to face the world and instead of looking back, she's looking forward (which could explain the futuristic themes she's been playing with). Her music and her persona is still vintage but she's singing about the present and the future, not the past. It's interesting how she's constantly playing with the concept of time and juxtaposing the future with the past and etc. I think that's why she put Burnt Norton on HM. It's supposed to explain what she does and how she plays with the concept of time and how the past influences the future which is shaped by our actions in the present, etc.

tumblr_n4tas9suZA1s73qs0o1_500.gif

No. It only leaked alongside Hollywood and JFK which were Paradise outtakes.

The UV outtakes are:

Fine China

Yes to Heaven

Melancholia

Angels Forever

Trans Am?

Black Beauty (Demo)

Sad Girl (Demo)

Shades of Cool (Demo)

West Coast (Radio Mix)

Guns and Roses & Is This Happiness also came from the sessions above but weren't reworked by Dan A. as far as I know. 

oh, okay thanks love

giphy.gif

Lyrically, yes but sonically? I don't think so.

However, what you did point out correctly is how Lana tends to pick up stories and further elaborate on them. Like on UV she was grieving the end of the relationship and in BAR she's much more confident and has this F You attitude.

I remember her saying that CW represented her mental state when UV dropped. So basically her being on her way to forget about the guy that fucked her over but being crazy and mad as fuck. Then, throughout the album she explains how it got to that point.

On Honeymoon she has a very melancholic, dreamy view on their relationship. I'd even go as far to say that Honeymoon is mirroring UV but from a very different perspective. She dreams about their relationship and how it could have went had fame not gotten into the way (Honeymoon, Swan Song, God Knows I Tried, 24).

On Lust for Life she has fully recovered and is ready to face the world and instead of looking back, she's looking forward (which could explain the futuristic themes she's been playing with). Her music and her persona is still vintage but she's singing about the present and the future, not the past. It's interesting how she's constantly playing with the concept of time and juxtaposing the future with the past and etc. I think that's why she put Burnt Norton on HM. It's supposed to explain what she does and how she plays with the concept of time and how the past influences the future which is shaped by our actions in the present, etc.

You Perfectly explained it. Thanks.

God I love how her music can inspire deep discussions like this

"And when you see my face on every billboard and TV screen, you'll regret the day you walked away" :lanahairflip3: :legend: