Sign in to follow this  
Make me your Dream Life

States of Mind When Listening to Each Album

Title. 

Where does your mind wander to first, before having a listen to each of Lana's albums? We all know each record has it's own themes, so for the most part, having a different set of feelings (or not) would only be natural when it comes to listening to her songs. 

For me, for the most part

I get a rush of adrenaline when it comes to BTD. Hustle and bustle, lots of frenetic energy
Ultraviolence is the most like a therapy session where I feel easiest to vent, scream weep and let go emotionally
For Honeymoon, I can just unwind the easiest, literally think of nothing and just less, which is a big deal for me
Lust For Life and Paradise are when I'm most contemplative, Paradise when I'm feeling most numb and wanting to feel, and LFL to wanting to keep growing.

So where does your mind wander, and how do you see yourself thinking and feeling when it comes to each of em?

tumblr_okpmmsDJTr1r9ih9zo2_400.gif

UV/Honeymoon

Ohh i agree with what you said a lot, but putting it into my own words:

• AKA puts me into a high-key badass state of mind that is carefree and a little messed up
  • BTD puts me into a mind state that's glamorous, slick and superior 
  • PD puts me into a mind state thats deep, mysterious and confronting
  • UV puts me into a nostalgic, black and white mind state, like I can turn pain into something beautiful
  • HM puts me into a fantasy mind state, where no matter whats happening I can just slip away and pretend it isnt
  • LFL puts me into a mind state that is a bit more realistic, contemplative, serious, but also free

Born to Die: I usually listen to this album when I'm in a happy, don't-give-a-fuck type mood. It also makes me feel like I can do anything?

Paradise: This album has some of her best poetic imagery in my opinion, so I usually put it on when I'm in a visual mood. It also has a philosophical vibe.

Ultraviolence: This is sort of my all-around favorite album by Lana. It is also the album I relate to the most, so it gets me in a thoughtful, inspired type of mood. Like, if Lana can translate her sorrows into art, so can I?

Honeymoon: I always go to 60s./70s Italian cinema when I listen to this album. Some may disagree, but I get a strong visual mood and vibe from this album. Like a sick and twisted honeymoon.

Lust For Life: This album makes me think of both the future and past. Essentially, how it is important to confront the past while looking towards the future.

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.