CatchTheBreeze

Lana interview in german weekly newspaper Die Zeit

So often when i read interviews with her i get this image of someone gawking at her with furrowed brows, probing her with a stick, looking underneath her, turning her over, spinning her around, tapping her, asking aloud, "What is it? What do we do with this?" I find the underlying attitude toward her in a lot of interviewers really tiring. Maybe i'm just misreading them though, i don't know. Does anyone get this impression?

I don't...I just feel like they never ask her to go into detail about anything. She tells them she used to do drugs and they go on to ask her a question every single interviewer has asked her before. They could get so much more out of her.

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

I don't...I just feel like they never ask her to go into detail about anything. She tells them she used to do drugs and they go on to ask her a question every single interviewer has asked her before. They could get so much more out of her.

I need to know more details about her :creepna:

Yeah and it would be nice if an interviewer read at least a few other interviews that were done with Lana before he's talking to her so he could think of some new questions - not always the "authentic" issue or how she feels about journalists critisizing her music.

I liked this interview. The questions are generic but Lana gived deeper answers. She says the harsh critics are not about her music but her personally. Is interestinting that when the journalist says she got a good review from the new york times and she answers naming a specific journalist who she thinks had criticized her in a very personal and negative way. She flips a compliment to a critic. She loves this "US hates me thing". Is a good marketing being hated in US after all. I also liked what she said about cola so is not that Barry said that her little Lana tastes like pepsi after all Iol....

This is very interesting:

But Ride is not the story of a victim. And it should be neither a Comment to the topic Prostitutuon, how american media suspect. It's going about my life : What happen, when someone want to be a big Singer but your homeland is saying : No, you aren't..

I don't think she was considered for this 007 theme song. Is a pretty british movie and Adele seems a natural choice. The song was released in november and already sold more than 500.000. I doubt they would even consider Lana over Adele at this moment to be honest. Only if Adele didn't accept it. Maybe the next Bond Lana could do the theme song that would be great for sure she has the chops.

glgcDdT.gif

I really don't think Lana would ever be considered for a Bond theme, she doesn't have the image for it.

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

I was thinking something. Someone once posted in the "What's on your mind"at the profile that Lana asked before was interviwed what questions she would be asked. Maybe is not the journalists not making the really interesting questions maybe Lana only allows certain questions to be made. Maybe that is why she doesn't really do important magazines since a big magazine would never allow her to ghet her way

I really don't think Lana would ever be considered for a Bond theme, she doesn't have the image for it.

That is interesting. So waht is the image for it?

glgcDdT.gif

That is interesting. So waht is the image for it?

A strong, independent femme fatale. Lana would just completely fall in love with Bond, be left, cry over him and sing about him for years on end, that's not what a Bond girl's supposed to do.

Maybe that is why she doesn't really do important magazines since a big magazine would never allow her to ghet her way

Actually Der Spiegel and Die Zeit are pretty important magazines in Germany... (Die Zeit being the biggest or 2nd biggest weekly newspaper over here)

But it would be interesting to know if Lana really "dictates" the questions before an interview...!

thanks for the translation! I like the picture they used of her. She looked so effortlessly gorgeous at the Brit awards <3

Del Rey : No, I don't like to dispute. I would be happy when I could be a normal singer. But just in America the Journalits are writing me since the release of Born to Die Hate Mails, so like if they waited, to finish me off.

lmao ok but please tell me at least someone else read this and thought it was a bit odd. why is no one else pointing out the absurd and most likely false statements she's making??

:defeated:

why would a journalist waste their time and more importantly risk their JOB to send an artist hate mail?! i just find this all so laughable bc isnt it usually the other way around-- that the journalists themselves recieve hate mail?????

When she has previously mentioned how awful US radio is handled before, that was something I could actually understand as far as Top 40 & such, but this statement about made me blow a blood vessel. lmaooo Even though I do believe her US record label, Interscope (?), could be doing a lot better job at getting her more radio play & increasing the cash she is already making in the US!!

Most recently V Magazine, a NYC publication, named Lana's "Ride" as the BEST video of 2012. I mean there are a lot of positive publications out there, the point is she's stuck in the 2011 negativity. get with it guuurll, it's 2013 everybody loves YOU.

Props to Zeit for realizing it with this question but leave up to Lana to completely avoid the postive reviews & go blindly right to the hate. >:-(

Zeit : But you recieved also good Critics - for Example in New York Times.

Del Rey : Yes, there had the Author named Jon Caramanica dragged the whole album in the dirt. The Things, he wrote about my Family were rude and unreal !

hmm, I think it's cool that she shops at Kmart! trailer fab in real life & a sexy queen on the stage ~~~

Zeit: Is the Jacket from a Second Hand Store ?

Del Rey : No, it's from K-Mart, that's a Dime (Discounter, Place where clothes are cheap to buy). When we were recently in New York, I was freezing, and because on the other side of the streed a K-Mart was, I went in and buyed this Jacket. Sorry, when I am looking with that not so glamorous

It's never 2 late 2 be the things that u might've been* i'll sing till u fall asleep- u try and remember when*the future looked lush and sweet

A strong, independent femme fatale. Lana would just completely fall in love with Bond, be left, cry over him and sing about him for years on end, that's not what a Bond girl's supposed to do.

Adele made 2 albuns about a heart break...and she did the theme song. I don't think Lana could be a bond girl but the theme i can't see why not

glgcDdT.gif

Adele made 2 albuns about a heart break...and she did the theme song. I don't think Lana could be a bond girl but the theme i can't see why not

True, but she does it differently. After recording an album about a man, she has closure, Lana never will. Taylor Swift also sings about break-ups but they'd never be compared to Adele's. It's just something completely different.

Actually Der Spiegel and Die Zeit are pretty important magazines in Germany... (Die Zeit being the biggest or 2nd biggest weekly newspaper over here)

But it would be interesting to know if Lana really "dictates" the questions before an interview...!

I am sorry how ignorant my comment sounded. To be honest the only word a know in German is apfelstrudel (is very common but called only strudel) and probably is not even writin like that in German. I got lost and thought was some local newspaper. I still think she doesn't allow certain questions but after what you stated about the newspaper I think she doesn't allow ANYONE to make those questions.

glgcDdT.gif

I am sorry how ignorant my comment sounded. To be honest the only word a know in German is apfelstrudel (is very common but called only strudel) and probably is not even writin like that in German.

It is written that way but Apfelstrudel's Austrian (and the most delicious thing on earth).

True, but she does it differently. After recording an album about a man, she has closure, Lana never will. Taylor Swift also sings about break-ups but they'd never be compared to Adele's. It's just something completely different.

In that sense you are so right.

glgcDdT.gif

It is written that way but Apfelstrudel's Austrian (and the most delicious thing on earth).

God I know...and when is still hot and you mixed with vanilla ice cream?? Drooling here. We have a couple German restaurants here that are quite nice but has this dairy that is not even close to fantasy that serves the best one. I never go there because if I go I am never satisfied with one I have to eat like 7. That thing is amazing. I love deserts based on fruits.

glgcDdT.gif

God I know...and when is still hot and you mixed with vanilla ice cream?? Drooling here. We have a couple German restaurants here that are quite nice but has this dairy that is not even close to fantasy that serves the best one. I never go there because if I go I am never satisfied with one I have to eat like 7. That thing is amazing. I love deserts based on fruits.

Whipped cream >>>>>>> vanilla ice cream

my signature is so fitting here

So often when i read interviews with her i get this image of someone gawking at her with furrowed brows, probing her with a stick, looking underneath her, turning her over, spinning her around, tapping her, asking aloud, "What is it? What do we do with this?" I find the underlying attitude toward her in a lot of interviewers really tiring. Maybe i'm just misreading them though, i don't know. Does anyone get this impression?

I often feel the same thing. They just push her and push her and the more they do, the more defensive she gets. Quite a vicious circle. She's not really made for this industry.

tumblr_n746y8etXI1qa35sao1_500.gif