teethclick

Björk

Gotta love how much effort they're putting in this Vulnicura era, even though she seems to be pretty much over it now (and I understand why) and they're mainly just making them for the Björk Digital exhibition. The new video for Notget is stunning, pure Björk and I loved the green mask. For me the video was kinda dull, but it got better towards the end. I love Vulnicura but I can't wait for new music 

Gotta love how much effort they're putting in this Vulnicura era, even though she seems to be pretty much over it now (and I understand why) and they're mainly just making them for the Björk Digital exhibition. The new video for Notget is stunning, pure Björk and I loved the green mask. For me the video was kinda dull, but it got better towards the end. I love Vulnicura but I can't wait for new music 

This tbh

I'm sick of this era and those songs!! They feel exausting

I'm definitely ready for new music but these visuals are still slaying me

same. The Notget video is stunning and I love the symbolism of healing and regrowth, it works beautifully. But yeah, I would love some new music - Vulnicura is not an album I can listen to that often because it's so emotionally draining for me

same. The Notget video is stunning and I love the symbolism of healing and regrowth, it works beautifully. But yeah, I would love some new music - Vulnicura is not an album I can listen to that often because it's so emotionally draining for me

Yeah, like I said I feel like she herself is over the album by now, I think she even said in an interview somewhere that she can't really sing those songs live anymore because of how personal they are and therefore it's extremely emotionally demanding to sing them over and over again. They've already milked a shitload amount of money with all those remix vinyls and live albums (jfc the box set is stunning but quite expensive) so honestly I think they're just making these videos for the sake of Björk Digital as I previously mentioned, which is just another way for her team to make money, not necessarily for her since I feel like money is just a side issue for her. She's probably still handling her divorce through these videos and stuff, and on the other hand it's pretty cool that we're getting stuff while waiting for the next album. She's unique and creative in a way most of the people in music industry aren't and I love it, it's just that many people find Vulnicura consuming like her because of the nature of the songs and therefore people want to get over it by now and are more or less anxious for new music. And Björk herself described Vulnicura being "hell" and the upcoming record "paradise" so I'm definitely in that boat too lol.

Oh gosh this turned out longer than I expected but yeah long story short, new visuals for Vulnicura cool but I can't really listen to the record that much anymore so take us to paradise already our queen of Iceland.

Yeah, like I said I feel like she herself is over the album by now, I think she even said in an interview somewhere that she can't really sing those songs live anymore because of how personal they are and therefore it's extremely emotionally demanding to sing them over and over again. They've already milked a shitload amount of money with all those remix vinyls and live albums (jfc the box set is stunning but quite expensive) so honestly I think they're just making these videos for the sake of Björk Digital as I previously mentioned, which is just another way for her team to make money, not necessarily for her since I feel like money is just a side issue for her. She's probably still handling her divorce through these videos and stuff, and on the other hand it's pretty cool that we're getting stuff while waiting for the next album. She's unique and creative in a way most of the people in music industry aren't and I love it, it's just that many people find Vulnicura consuming like her because of the nature of the songs and therefore people want to get over it by now and are more or less anxious for new music. And Björk herself described Vulnicura being "hell" and the upcoming record "paradise" so I'm definitely in that boat too lol.

Oh gosh this turned out longer than I expected but yeah long story short, new visuals for Vulnicura cool but I can't really listen to the record that much anymore so take us to paradise already our queen of Iceland.

I'm excited to see what her "paradise" album will sound like. I think it will be a nice break from Vulnicura, which really is like "hell" as she described.

And I agree, I think she's probably still doing a lot of this stuff for the $$ and maybe just because she likes the songs and is feeling really inspired this era. Either way, I hope she'll move on soon. I need to hear new material from her!

I'm excited to see what her "paradise" album will sound like. I think it will be a nice break from Vulnicura, which really is like "hell" as she described.

And I agree, I think she's probably still doing a lot of this stuff for the $$ and maybe just because she likes the songs and is feeling really inspired this era. Either way, I hope she'll move on soon. I need to hear new material from her!

Yeah... it's been a while since the interview about her recording new stuff came out so hopefully we'd get at least some new music by the end of this year, though because of Vulnicura I doubt she'll release any singles. I don't know. But I'm excited to find out what paradise actually means too, her discography being what it is I guess it won't be very light but still! Maybe something like Family towards the end? Vulnicura is right now my favorite album along Homogenic and there was a time about a year ago when I played the shit out of it, meanwhile I still can't really listen to Biophilia apart from Mutual Core because that album is the real ordeal for me lol.

Anyways I love how both Homogenic and Vulnicura have connections to Iceland, the beats on Homogenic being inspired by erupting volcanoes (if I remember correctly?) and so on and with Vulnicura those really beautiful Icelandic sceneries. I would love if she took us back to Iceland on the next record somehow, I mean those moss sceneries especially look like a paradise to me at least. Would love to visit Iceland one day!

what albums have you listened to so far? what's your favorite? I love new bjork fans

i randomly stumbled on the notget video today and that's really what finally pulled me in haha but so far ive only listened to vulnicura and vespertine (which are both amazing btw)

tumblr_nemeig8REb1qeyt9yo1_500.gif

im FINALLY getting into her music omgfjdsk ive been wanting to for like 3 years now i was just never able to :defeated:

you should start with debut and post, those are the very best of her for me

but homogenic is a fucking masterpiece   :oprah3:

you should start with debut and post, those are the very best of her for me

but homogenic is a fucking masterpiece   :oprah3:

i definitely will as soon as I wake up haha thank you

tumblr_nemeig8REb1qeyt9yo1_500.gif

Another album ranking :)

Vulnicura

Biophilia

Vespertine (this is my personal fav for combatting LFL meltdowns)

Volta

Homogenic

Medulla

Debut/Post (they go together in my mind so I can't really choose)

As always, it was really hard to choose. The top 4 are almost equal in my mind. I feel so blessed to know her music!