Divisive Princess

Hozier

!!! :hdu:

We hear you’re already working on your next album. If Wasteland, Baby! was meant to be hopeful, what will be the mood for your third album?

I have to wait and see. Having released Wasteland, Baby!, I’m hungry to release more music. I’d love to just share my music and empty my pockets because I’m weighed down with all of these ideas for the next album. But we’ll see.

Source: https://www.hourdetroit.com/web-exclusive/hozier-apologizes-politics-corn-flakes/

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Some more dates were added to his USA tour, so he’ll be back there in November. This guy is touring like crazy, I think for at least a year straight, so check his website for tour dates and you might be lucky to see him. That’s how I learned that I’ll get to see him for a second time, and twice in less than a year(!), in August. :)

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

He mentioned a second time on working on his next album! Very exciting, I think he’ll start working on it properly once he’s done touring. :party:

I’ve already been writing and I can see the character of album three taking shape. I have so much material I am excited to finish, and I promise it won’t be as long coming as the last!”

Source: https://www.limerickleader.ie/news/home/428173/louise-loves-chats-with-hozier-who-is-delighted-to-be-home.html#.XR79FYqOS3U.twitter

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Y'all. Remember this?

If I ever get close to the man, I'll give him a toothbrush to remind him to take care of his teeth in between possessing young women and getting himself on fire. :creep:

So I went to his concert the other day. I brough a toothbrush with me and put in in a gift pouch along with a note to make sure he understands it's just me joking around. I made sure to pick it up before Church came on, because that's when I know he'd get down to the crowd. I held it up and he saw me from stage, gave me a small smile ( :defeated:) and placed his hand on his chest to tell he was flattered and that's when I knew he'd come and get it. He walked around a bit more on stage before it was time, then he got down ("AAAAMENNNN!!! AAAMEEHEHENENNNN!!"), sang with the crowd, stepped down from the step at the berrier, turned around, found my hand and touched it briefly as he accepted my ridiculous gift. HIS FINGERS FELT SO SOFT!! :defeated: I know it only lasted for like a second, but I thought they'd feel more rough considering how much guitar he plays. :defeated:

I can't stop thinking back to that moment, I feel blessed, my left hand has been blessed by this forest god and I shall never forget it. :trisha:

I caught it on video: https://twitter.com/clampigirl/status/1163910607101411333

I posted some more on my Twitter and Instagram, maybe some of you have already seen me spamming, maybe you haven't and maybe you're not interested. Just putting the info out there anyway lol.

Edit: I like how every post on this page is just me talking to myself :toofunny:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Y'all. Remember this?

So I went to his concert the other day. I brough a toothbrush with me and put in in a gift pouch along with a note to make sure he understands it's just me joking around. I made sure to pick it up before Church came on, because that's when I know he'd get down to the crowd. I held it up and he saw me from stage, gave me a small smile ( :defeated:) and placed his hand on his chest to tell he was flattered and that's when I knew he'd come and get it. He walked around a bit more on stage before it was time, then he got down ("AAAAMENNNN!!! AAAMEEHEHENENNNN!!"), sang with the crowd, stepped down from the step at the berrier, turned around, found my hand and touched it briefly as he accepted my ridiculous gift. HIS FINGERS FELT SO SOFT!! :defeated: I know it only lasted for like a second, but I thought they'd feel more rough considering how much guitar he plays. :defeated:

I can't stop thinking back to that moment, I feel blessed, my left hand has been blessed by this forest god and I shall never forget it. :trisha:

I caught it on video: https://twitter.com/clampigirl/status/1163910607101411333

I posted some more on my Twitter and Instagram, maybe some of you have already seen me spamming, maybe you haven't and maybe you're not interested. Just putting the info out there anyway lol.

Edit: I like how every post on this page is just me talking to myself :toofunny:

Happy for you <3

Hozier has started his own podcast in collaboration with Global Citizen, "The Cry Power podcast", and has guests (Mavies Staples from his "Nina Cried Power", Bono from U2 and more) to discuss how artists and activists can change the world. First out is Hozier and Annie Lennox. You can listen to the podcast in this link: https://www.globalcitizen.org/en/connect/crypower/episode1/

(I personally am looking forward to the episode with Bono since I'm a U2 fan too)

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

(Don’t mind me, I’m just freaking out that other users wrote comments in this thread, I’m so used to stan alone in here huhuhu :crai: )

honestly i've been such a bad girlfriend to him. i only ever listened to his first album. i never really caught on to his new stuff. looks like i got something to do sunday morning while i clean my house and sun bathe.  :rollin:

if you like my face just thank my surgeon | your friendly local trans - catch me modeling for: https://dragunbeauty.com/

Aaaand it’s out! At least for me lol. I’m not loving it but it kind of reminds me of Dinner and Diatribes, but it’s not at all as intense. I appreciate the message though.

Apparently, he played it live while on his US leg of the tour. He has also played “The Love of” live, but since he asked the audience to not record the song(s, along with Jackboot Jump) on their phones, it hasn’t been heard yet.

From Reddit:

Lindsayas22: He sang two new songs at a recent show! But he requested that nobody record them so there's no video proof. According to the setlist, one is called "Jack Boot Jump" and one is called "The Love Of" (although, I think that might be a shortened setlist version of the title). Someone said one of them might be about (or at least reference) police brutality.

hedgehogl0ver: Can confirm! I was at that show and both the new songs were so good! Can’t wait for the EP

Emily574: I was at his first Chicago show last night, and he played Jackboot Jump (a folksy, driven protest song) and another one whose title I didn't catch, but I remember some lyrics about "if towers fell...."

Lyrics:

At Standing Rock the Jackboot Jump

You'd swear was all the rage

Whether tearing up old treaties

Or just tearing up the place

It's always corporate infrastructure

Over the structure of your face

In Moscow the Jackboot show

Has so much in store

For any silly student

Who doesn't wanna learn the score

So the Moscow Jackboot Ballet

Finds some scared young dancing floor

In Hong Kong it won't be long

'Til they have to fall in line

For the long hand of Beijing

Stretching south a thousand miles

Where they rock the Jackboot Jump there

Like that shit's going out of style

All around the world

You'd think that things were looking rough

But the jackboot only jumps down

On people standing up

So you know good things are happening

When the jackboot needs to jump

Edit: He also announced that the next album will be out early next year!!

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

“The Parting Glass” will be out this Friday (April 17th) - maybe this is means the album will be out soon!

OBiT8Y2.jpg

And if you missed his two live streams on Instagram from the past weeks, when he held short concerts from his home for charity, you can watch them here. I was very excited to hear him play and sing Britney Spear’s “Toxic”!

https://youtu.be/mqKB7BqK4WA

https://youtu.be/FlNNUwAeTrk

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

I love Hozier and I've just seen his post about the Global Citizen (Lady Gaga-curated :creepna: ) event to support both healthcare workers and the WHO but unfortunately no mention of our little dear  :crying5: : https://www.globalcitizen.org/en/connect/togetherathome/?utm_source=social_platform&utm_medium=platformglobal_artist&utm_campaign=oneworld_launch&utm_content=signup

I can't stop thinking how it would have been really cool to see her involved here somehow  :poordat:

5fe355eac0b664d0bc39e10665a55b42.gif

She's a gorgeous narcissist and she knows it.