Sign in to follow this  
RileyThomas

Paradise Lost Competition: Challenge #5 - My Favorite Perfume & The Split

Congratulations remaining 6 players, you are our final 6! You have reached Challenge #5 of Paradise Lost. You can check out who still remains in the competition here. As half of you have left the competition, it's now time for... The Split! That's right, you will no longer be part of a team, you are now all playing against each other to win the competition. Mwhahaha.

Challenge #5 - My Favorite Perfume

So far, you have all created a re-release for Born To Die, artwork for the album and lead single, a music video for Burning Desire & a whole world tour for Lana. Now, Lana has decided to take a little break from music & promotion by hooking up with Elizabeth Arden to create her debut fragrance. You guys, must help Lana create this perfume. You must include the following:

- The bottle (description and/or photo shopped visual design. The bottle is the attractive part of a perfume. It must be Lana. You must describe why you have designed the bottle the way you have.)

- The name (must be suitable to Lana. Why have you chosen this name?)

- Tagline (What's the tagline for the fragrance?)

- The notes & scentes (describe the scents of the perfume. Is it dark and seductive, or fruity and floral? What would Lana smell like and want her fans to smell like?)

- Sizes & Amounts (how many fluid ounces are in a bottle. Can people buy big or small sizes? Cheaper or deluxe versions?)

- Pricing (how much will the perfume cost?)

- Advertising Campaign (create a poster and/or television advertisement for the fragrance. You must justify your reasons well, as the way you market a perfume is very important.)

- Gender (is it for guys? girls? or both?)

- Additional attributes (anything cool you think would be a great addition to the collection)

- You can create more than one perfume if you'd like.

Remember, not only Lana fans will buy this fragrance. Buying albums is different to buying music, anyone can walk into a cosmetics store and pick up this bottle and like it, smell it and buy it for themselves or for a friend.

You all have one week to create the perfume & campaign. Two contestants will be eliminated at the end of this challenge so good luck.

tumblr_mbs9cbxgQB1qh9kaoo1_500.gif

this is an amazing challenge!

i love perfume and there should definitely be a lana del rey fragrance some day, much more so than many celebrities, because lana has a concept, and both style and substance. how cool would it be if they could get a talented perfumer to create a perfume that could evoke her music and her multifaceted personality through scent? something unconventional that could olfactively convey the spirit of her art. i imagine an alluring, mysterious scent that hints at a dark side, beautiful, glamorous yet slightly unsettling. it could be an oriental floral and perhaps it would feature a smoky accord (alluding to cigarettes and the smoke of the cabarets and nightclubs). on LDR.FM i once said i envisioned there being a lana perfume and a lizzy perfume. lizzy's would have a fun, pop art or retro americana packaging, and the juice itself would be fruity, with coney island caramel undertones, featuring a blue hydrangea note to give it an avant-garde touch. it might be less refined than lana's, playfully rebellious though suggestive of a hidden depth. i would hope both could be made with quality ingredients, not drugstore, aimed at perfume connoisseurs (like me) but accesible to anyone wanting to change their fragrant aura into something complex and dangerously attractive :)

good luck to the remaining competitors!

oh, and regarding possible names for the perfumes, lizzy's could be kitschy or tongue in cheek: coney island queen or maybe trash magic.

lana's lilac fumes could be called "dark paradise" :D

ONLY part I'm worried about is making a poster...yikes.

Well, Lucas, it was really good to work with you, and our merits made it this far...but now you're going down :omfg:

Why?

I don't want to do it anymore. I'm feeling really stressed and unwelcome lately, and I just don't want to do it. I'm getting the box-set anyway, and I'm tired of getting the lowest score out of everyone. I'm also really busy with school and that is much more important. Good luck to everyone else.

14417469274.gif

I understand, and don't blame yourselves, but I just feel like giving up too tbh. I just don't see the point if people aren't going to hand anything in and are going to drop out just to give a default winner who was just the last person to quit the competition, it was fun, but only 3 of you seem to be dedicated and it's not good enough. I know real life comes before this game, but if you knew you were going to be that busy then why bother joining in the first place? :uh: :bye: :whoopi: :hottie: :aw: :what:

tumblr_mbs9cbxgQB1qh9kaoo1_500.gif

I don't want to do it anymore. I'm feeling really stressed and unwelcome lately, and I just don't want to do it. I'm getting the box-set anyway, and I'm tired of getting the lowest score out of everyone. I'm also really busy with school and that is much more important. Good luck to everyone else.

Don't do it, I wanna see your beautiful entries! Don't allow it, Riley! :crying:

HDB does raise a good point, even if he is ~wimpy~

Why isn't the grand prize, being grand and all, the box-set? Can this happen? :creep:

Why isn't the grand prize, being grand and all, the box-set? Can this happen? :creep:

Really though.

But this challenge is coming along juuuust fine.