urbannoize

Baz Luhrmann Reveals Prince Song That Never Happened For Great Gatsby Turned Out To Be Opportunity For Lana Del Rey

I don't mean to be one of those annoying freaks obsessed with conspiracy theories, but I find it insane that Lana keeps having all these affiliations with dying celebrities.

Remember in 2014 when she was scheduled to collaborate with Lou Reed for a song on Ultraviolence, but on that exact day he died!

Then Lana goes and references David Bowie lyrics in 'Terrence Loves You' ("Ground control to Major Tom") and talks about him in an interview (how Lana Del Rey isn't a persona or an alter-ego like David Bowie)... then he dies a month or two after?

Now, Prince! Not that long ago on the Honeymoon account, do any of you remember this post which read:

"Living in the land of Honeymoons & Oil Tycoons. God Bless America, the land of pink champagne & purple rain. This is my favourite perspective / nothing but white sails above and blue waters rolling in front of me for miles and miles."

Take a close look, she references "PURPLE RAIN"... and now Prince is dead.

I know that it's quite possibly a coincidence, and I'm not saying that we should take any of this too seriously, but I just find it super weird that Lana keeps referencing someone, then not soon after they're dead. It could just be that she is influenced by a lot of older artists, but I just find it so strange regardless. 

in b4 everyone tells me i'm crazy lol. I don't actually believe Lana has anything to do with these deaths, I'm just interested in your thoughts as to why this keeps happening?

LMFAO

I don't mean to be one of those annoying freaks obsessed with conspiracy theories, but I find it insane that Lana keeps having all these affiliations with dying celebrities.

Remember in 2014 when she was scheduled to collaborate with Lou Reed for a song on Ultraviolence, but on that exact day he died!

Then Lana goes and references David Bowie lyrics in 'Terrence Loves You' ("Ground control to Major Tom") and talks about him in an interview (how Lana Del Rey isn't a persona or an alter-ego like David Bowie)... then he dies a month or two after?

Now, Prince! Not that long ago on the Honeymoon account, do any of you remember this post which read:

"Living in the land of Honeymoons & Oil Tycoons. God Bless America, the land of pink champagne & purple rain. This is my favourite perspective / nothing but white sails above and blue waters rolling in front of me for miles and miles."[/size]

Take a close look, she references "PURPLE RAIN"... and now Prince is dead.[/size]

I know that it's quite possibly a coincidence, and I'm not saying that we should take any of this too seriously, but I just find it super weird that Lana keeps referencing someone, then not soon after they're dead. It could just be that she is influenced by a lot of older artists, but I just find it so strange regardless. [/size]

in b4 everyone tells me i'm crazy lol. I don't actually believe Lana has anything to do with these deaths, I'm just interested in your thoughts as to why this keeps happening?

Then there's Lou Reed (Brooklyn Baby) and Glen Frey (singer of the Eagles and writer for Hotel California)