Terror Attacks

Something is going on in Finland right now. Not sure if it's terror too.

Yeah I was just coming to post about it. There's been a series of stabbing incidents in the downtown area of Turku, which is one of the largest towns in Finland and used to be the capital before Helsinki. At least one person is dead, multiple people injured and multiple suspects - one of the suspects was shot (in his leg) by the police and has been caught but they haven't caught the other suspects yet.

It's not completely clear yet what has happened, but some eyewitnesses have said that a man ran around a marketplace with a large knife, stabbed ruthlessly a woman with baby strollers and other passers. I read that multiple people stood by and took pictures/videos with their cellphones and the woman died, but take this with a grain of salt since nothing's been confirmed. One witness has sort of confirmed this to be false, according to him the man did nothing to a couple with baby strollers but instead stabbed a woman in the back and then her neck and chest area as she turned around. There were reports of people running around with baseball bats, but apparently these guys were after the stabber. Someone said online that the suspect yelled "allāhu akbar" but this could be false as well, I don't know.

The police has adviced people to avoid the downtown area, and they have improved the security at airports and train stations in Helsinki as well. There's going to be a press conference in about an hour but I don't think I will be able to come here and keep you guys updated, as my folks are coming around and I have stuff to do while keeping an eye on the news.

Yeah I was just coming to post about it. There's been a series of stabbing incidents in the downtown area of Turku, which is one of the largest towns in Finland and used to be the capital before Helsinki. At least one person is dead, multiple people injured and multiple suspects - one of the suspects was shot (in his leg) by the police and has been caught but they haven't caught the other suspects yet.

It's not completely clear yet what has happened, but some eyewitnesses have said that a man ran around a marketplace with a large knife, stabbed ruthlessly a woman with baby strollers and other passers. I read that multiple people stood by and took pictures/videos with their cellphones and the woman died, but take this with a grain of salt since nothing's been confirmed. One witness has sort of confirmed this to be false, according to him the man did nothing to a couple with baby strollers but instead stabbed a woman in the back and then her neck and chest area as she turned around. There were reports of people running around with baseball bats, but apparently these guys were after the stabber. Someone said online that the suspect yelled "allāhu akbar" but this could be false as well, I don't know.

The police has adviced people to avoid the downtown area, and they have improved the security at airports and train stations in Helsinki as well. There's going to be a press conference in about an hour but I don't think I will be able to come here and keep you guys updated, as my folks are coming around and I have stuff to do while keeping an eye on the news.

I hope you stay safe. x

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

I hope you stay safe. x

Thanks :kiss: I'm safe and sound home and I live in a remotely small town. Although I'm 30km from Helsinki and going there with my family tomorrow... :biblio:

Relieved to hear that 65 of 80 (?) people in Barcelona could leave the hospitals today. Sad to hear about Turku in Finland.

Twitter accounts keep saying that they didn't shout allah, they were shouting Finnish words like "watch out" and such. I haven't watched the video myself though (and I don't know Finnish anyway so...).

Press conference in ~30 min according to radio.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Relieved to hear that 65 of 80 (?) people in Barcelona could leave the hospitals today. Sad to hear about Turku in Finland.

Twitter accounts keep saying that they didn't shout allah, they were shouting Finnish words like "watch out" and such. I haven't watched the video myself though (and I don't know Finnish anyway so...).

Press conference in ~30 min according to radio.

Yeah if it's the video I saw, they're more like shouting "watch out" or something similar but I can't really hear it clear enough.

Some updates. The suspect(s) have been confirmed to have foreign background and 8 people have been hospitalized, some of them in critical condition. There's a video going viral of some guys running in the streets (probably the one Clampigirl mentioned), I'm not sure if they are the presumed suspects but they fit the description by the looks of them and at least one of them is carrying a large object. Still no confirmation if this is a terrorist attack.

And as I finished writing this update, it's been confirmed that one of the hospitalized victims has died.

Edit: More eyewitnesses have told the media that a woman with a child sitting in strollers indeed was ruthlessly stabbed...

Edit 2: Still watching the press conference. At this point there's only one suspect, but the police is investigating if there are others involved. 1 person died at the marketplace and 8 were hospitalized, one passed away in the hospital and 3 are in intensive care. As the suspect was stabbing the first victim's neck/throat multiple times, someone tried to stop him and got stabbed as well. Some people at the marketplace tried to give CPR at least to the first victim (the one who passed away there) and some defended the victims and chased the suspect until he was shot in the leg and captured by the police, 3 minutes after the first stabbing was reported. The suspect is now also hospitalized and they're trying to figure out his identity with Europol. They've improved security at places with big crowds around the country.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/05/us/texas-church-shooting/index.html 

wild. 

what will the left do without their handy anti-gun agenda at the hands of a white man?

broken link on my end

um they just like deleted the link.. #conspiracy? 

new one: http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/06/us/texas-church-shooting/index.html

#conspiracy

i'll read, thx for tha link swm