Your Girl Lana

Put Me In A Movie (Little Girls)

am i the only one who doesn't think this song is very literal? i feel like the "little girls' thing is more of a metaphor for being weak and fragile and naive (which lana seems to describe herself as through other songs). It seems like it's about an abusive relationship with a man who's older than her, and the pedophilia and movie thing is a metaphor. 

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

6 minutes ago, taco truck said:

am i the only one who doesn't think this song is very literal? i feel like the "little girls' thing is more of a metaphor for being weak and fragile and naive (which lana seems to describe herself as through other songs). It seems like it's about an abusive relationship with a man who's older than her, and the pedophilia and movie thing is a metaphor. 

i completely agree with you

personally, i think a part of it is thinking longingly about childhood innocence when you had no idea about the bad things/people and wishing you could stay like that whilst in an abusive relationship (and as you said this would be heightened with an older man)

it’s like the period before the abuse starts, the honeymoon phase, the naivety, and we as listeners know what will come of it but the person may not

obviously it is all up for interpretation and there’s different depths to anything, just my personal thoughts 

giphy.gif

2 minutes ago, twinkletoes7 said:

i completely agree with you

personally, i think a part of it is thinking longingly about childhood innocence when you had no idea about the bad things/people and wishing you could stay like that whilst in an abusive relationship (and as you said this would be heightened with an older man)

it’s like the period before the abuse starts, the honeymoon phase, the naivety, and we as listeners know what will come of it but the person may not

obviously it is all up for interpretation and there’s different depths to anything, just my personal thoughts 

YES! i've always felt like the song is about the beginning of an abusive relationship, it has the haunting eerie feeling like something is going to go wrong, but it isn't quite there yet. Lana sings the song in a romantic way, and it makes it sound like she's almost seducing him, but then combined with the mix between creepy/romantic lyrics and the extremely creepy production, there is such a sense of dread to the song. it makes a ton of sense with Smarty being right after, which has much more explicit lyrics about physical abuse. 

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

49 minutes ago, taco truck said:

This is exactly how I interpret the song. To me it seems like Lana is, like you said, using little girls as a metaphor. I’ve also always taken “little girls” as a longing for her childhood innocence before stuff got bad (in the case of this song, an abusive relationship). 

stars in my eyes

⊹˚⋆ 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒆𝒔 ‧₊°