Sign in to follow this  
Flowerbomb

Tamino

3 minutes ago, Beautiful Loser said:

I've always wanted to get more into his music, but something isn't quite clicking for some reason. Haven't listened to his new album yet though. But I was just wondering, does he have any songs in Arabic? I think he'd sound gorgeous, but I don't know if he's fluent or like me, a kid of an immigrant who was never taught the language(s).

I’m not totally sure if he speaks Arabic but I don’t think he has any songs in the language. 

LORN - ANVIL [Official Music Video] GIF | Gfycat 

4 minutes ago, Get Drunk said:

I’m not totally sure if he speaks Arabic but I don’t think he has any songs in the language. 

Man, that's a shame. :defeated: I'll keep wishing he'll release one sometime in the future!

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

4 minutes ago, Beautiful Loser said:

Man, that's a shame. :defeated: I'll keep wishing he'll release one sometime in the future!

I just googled it and he seems to be super influenced by Arabic themes & music so I’m sure he will eventually. He even mentions how he never learnt his father’s language so that might change too!

7 minutes ago, Get Drunk said:

I just googled it and he seems to be super influenced by Arabic themes & music so I’m sure he will eventually. He even mentions how he never learnt his father’s language so that might change too!

Awesome! And yeah, I can definitely hear the Middle Eastern influences, both in the music and instruments but sometimes even in the way he sings. I think that's what makes his music interesting, just like how Rosalía mixes her flamenco influences to her own music. They both take something which has inspired them a lot and makes something new of it. I just find it difficult to grasp the lyrics, I think, and getting familiar with the songs.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

35 minutes ago, Beautiful Loser said:

Ok I just listened to Cigar... why haven't I listened to this earlier? Or why have I forgotten about it? :oprah:

His music is so good.. like it’s really a surprise to me that he hasn’t been picked up by more people. His live shows are incredible too. 

Just now, Get Drunk said:

His music is so good.. like it’s really a surprise to me that he hasn’t been picked up by more people. His live shows are incredible too. 

Yeah, he was just here less than two weeks ago, and I considered going but didn't in the end and now I kinda regret it, haha. It would've been such a nice, intimate concert, the venue isn't large at all. I'm listening to Sahar now and it feels like a leveled up Amir, I'm liking it!

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

I love him so much :crying4: I was listening to his cover of Mariners for the 1000000th time and it's probably one of the best Lana song covers ever. I love his new album but Amir is closer to my heart. I'm so glad that Lana recognized his talent in his early career days. I really want a collab between these two. 

url%5D

15 minutes ago, Beautiful Loser said:

This was just posted, it seems to a video or documentary of some sorts about Tamino's writing process for his second album.

Omg I just saw this on Insta too, glad that I'm not the only Tamino fan here :flutter:

url%5D