Sign in to follow this  
Elle

Favourite lyrics from NFR

Okay I've just seen the topics have merged and my last comment about picking one line per song no sense now :horror2: 

So here's my current faves from each song (god this took me forever): 

NFR: God damn, man-child / You fucked me so good that I almost said "I love you"
Honourable mention: Self-loathing poet, resident Laurel Canyon know-it-all

MAC: Catch a wave and take in the sweetness / Think about it, the darkness, the deepness / All the things that make me who I am
Honourable mention: You're lost at sea, then I'll command your boat to me again

VB: Paint me happy in blue / Norman Rockwell / No hype under our covers / It's just me and you
Honourable mention: On the stoop with the neighborhood kids / Callin' out, bang bang, kiss kiss

Fuck it I love you: Wish that you would hold me or just say that you were mine / It's killing me slowly
Honourable mention: Jazz in my veins / Running out of time 

Love song: Is it safe, is it safe to just be who we are?
Honourable mention: I believe in a place you take me / Make you real proud of your baby / In your car, I'm a star and I'm burnin’ through you

Cinnamon girl: There's things I wanna say to you / But I'll just let you live

Honourable mention: Kerosene in my hands / You make me mad, on fire again

How to disappear: But I love that man like nobody can / He moves mountains and pounds them to ground again
Honourable mention: All of it honestly ... it tells such a good story, one of the best storytelling moments of her lyricism 

California: I've heard the war was over if you really choose

TNBAR: It's you‚ all the roads lead to you / Everything I want and do, all the things that I say

Honourable mention: My baby used to dance underneath my architecture / To the Houses of the Holy, smokin' on them cigarettes

The greatest: I'm wasted / Don't leave, I just need a wake-up call / I'm facing the greatest / The greatest loss of them all / The culture is lit and I had a ball / I guess that I'm burned out after all
Honourable mention: The entire last verse ... peak storytelling, peak song, perfect in every way 

Bartender: The poetry inside of me is warm like a gun
Honourable mention: And our love's sweet enough on the vine — tbh I know everyone hates this one live but it's another great storytelling song from NFR! 

HIAB: Happiness is a butterfly / Try to catch it, like, every night / It escapes from my hands into moonlight
Honourable mention: Sitting in your sweatshirt, crying in the backseat, ooh / I just wanna dance with you

HIADTFAWLMTH: All of it! 
Spilling my guts with the Bowery Bums / Is the only love I've ever known (UNDERRATED LINE) 

Honourable mentions: They write that I'm happy, they know that I'm not / But at best, you can see I'm not sad
Hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have / But I have it

The cicadas in the sunset are your guide

NFR: Self-loathing poet, resident Laurel Canyon know-it-all // You talk to the walls when the party gets bored of you // But I don't get bored, I just see it through // Why wait for the best when I could have you? You?

MAC: 'Cause even in the dark, I feel your resistance // You can see my heart burning in the distance // Baby, baby, baby, I'm your man, yeah

VB: Give me Hallmark // One dream, one life, one lover // Paint me happy in blue // Norman Rockwell // No hype under our covers // It's just me and you

FIILY: It turns out California's more than just a state of mind // I met you on the boulevard, braids in my hair, you blew my mind // And if I wasn't so fucked up, I think I'd fuck you all the time

LS: I believe in a place you take me // Make you real proud of your baby // In your car, I'm a star and I'm burnin’ through you

CG: Kerosene in my hands // You make me mad, on fire again // All the pills that you take // Violet, blue, green, red to keep me at arm's length don't work

HTD: Now it's been years since I left New York // I've got a kid and two cats in the yard // The California sun and the movie stars // I watch the skies getting light as I write // As I think about those years // As I whisper in your ear // I'm always going to be right here // No one's going anywhere

C: You're scared to win, scared to lose // I've heard the war was over if you really choose // The one in and around you // You hate the heat, you got the blues // Changing like the weather, oh, that's so like you // The Santa Ana moves you

TNBAR: My baby used to dance underneath my architecture // He was '70s in spirit‚ '90s in his frame of mind

TG: I'm wasted // Don't leave, I just need a wake-up call // I'm facing the greatest // The greatest loss of them all // The culture is lit and I had a ball // I guess that I'm burned out after all

B: All the ladies of the canyon // Wearing black to their house parties // Crosby, Stills and Nash is playing // Wine is flowing with Bacardi

HIAB: Left the canyon, drove to the club // I was one thing, now I'm being another // Laurel down to Sunset in the truck // I'll pick you up if you're in town on the corner, ah

HIADTFAWLMTH-BIHI: Spilling my guts with the Bowery Bums // Is the only love I've ever known // Except for the stage, which I also call home, when I'm not // Servin' up God in a burnt coffee pot for the triad // Hello, it's the most famous woman you know on the iPad // Calling from beyond the grave, I just wanna say, "Hi, Dad"

Favourite Lana Live Performances - Page 7 - Lana Thoughts - LanaBoards -  Lana Del Rey Forum